Chapter 8

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clanking of my shot glass against the metal table allowed for those piercing eyes to land on mine as I stared at the man in front of me. This night was supposed to be a good night and not a suffocating one. So as I looked away and up to Sehun who was proudly showing off his new rank on League of Legends, I could hear Chanyeol speak, "Man, how did you get to diamond?" Chanyeol laughed as Sehun rubbed the back of his neck.

Pouting, I looked at the pointy eared man, "It's what he spends a lot of his free time doing." I replied to which Sehun laughed and wrapped an arm around me. Pulling me closer to his chest, I could feel his usual heat being amplified by the alcohol in his bloodstream. "Hey, I play PUBG too." He teased as I couldn't help but smile at his playfulness. 

Sehun's easygoing side was one that I loved and cherished. So when I looked up and that eye smile landed smack center of my view. The way his sparkling smile made my heart flutter and my frustration dissipate. However, I could hear Chanyeol once more, ruining the little dream like moment for me.

"How are you friends with Kris? This guy hates game." I let my gaze fall off of Sehun and onto Kris as Sehun rubbed my arm as he sipped his beer. Sehun had heard of Kris, but never really much of our relationship. I tried my best to keep Kris off of my conscious as much as I could. So I tried my best not to talk about him. So as we smiled awkwardly at each other, I cringed at our white lie.

"Kris!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he stood up and hugged his cousin that appeared. Standing up along with him, Chen embraced the male, "Long time no see, Wu."  He greeted as Kris's eyes finally landed on mine while Sehun stood up in front of me. "Hey, Kris. I'm Sehun. Eunji's boyfriend." He introduced himself and Kris shook his hand before taking a seat in between the two men.

"So Eunji, you know Kris then? Are you guys friends?" Chanyeol asked as he poured Kris his first shot. Looking over at the male, I could feel his intense stare. I could see his eyes widening a bit as he slightly nodded his head to me as the rest stared at me in anticipation. "Oh, Kris and I have a lot of classes together." I replied honestly as I tried to avoid the question. However, as Kris took in his shot, he answered for me.

"Yeah, Eunji and I have actually been friends since high school." Kris answered as I looked at him. I watched as Chanyeol wrapped an arm around him and smiled, "Aw man, that's great! I'm happy you actually have a friend!" He cheered as Sehun turned over to me with a confused look, "Is that true, Eunji?" He asked as I looked over to Kris who was being bombarded with questions from the other two men. Sighing internally, I looked at Sehun, "Yeah."

Picking my head a bit off of Sehun's chest, I looked up at Sehun and back at Kris who looked back at me nervously. God, Kris, you totally owe me. "Well, Kris is very smart and we have the same goal. So being friends was only natural with how much we run into each other." I answered while smiling as I could feel Sehun's arm unwrap around me. "I'm happy you have someone to help you." He replied softly as Chanyeol’s overpowering voice took control of the conversation.

"I'm happy Kris has someone to help him. You know how hard it is for this guy to make friends?" He said as Jongdae nodded his head before swallowing whatever he had just ate. "Yeah, this kid is mean." He said as he pointed his chopsticks at him making Kris smile sarcastically, "I'm not mean." He tried to defend himself as Jongdae rolled his eyes, "Yeah, but you are a pain in the ." 

Now that, I could agree with. And Kris having a hard time making friends? I've never thought about it, but I don't think I've ever seen Kris around anyone. Maybe a girl here and there, but I would be lying if I were to say he wasn't the type not to attract women. On the other hand, people who radiated off the friend vibe with him? I don't think I have ever seen it. Come to think of it, even in our office, Kris always stayed late, even on holidays. Did he really have no friends?

So as Chanyeol took another sip of his beer, it was apparent that he was already drunk. Resting his head on Kris's shoulder, Chanyeol began to speak, "You know, Kris always sounds so mean. But he's such a great guy. He just looks like a big scary giant." He began as Jongdae interrupted, "Eunji and I are sitting at a table full of giants." He said before stuffing his face with rice as Chanyeol made a face and continued.

"I'm so happy you have a friend. And you know what?" He said before pointing at Sehun, "I offer Sehun to you as a friend." He laughed as Sehun shook his head and laughed. Following along, I looked up at Sehun who's carefree face was gone, but one of concern that tried to mask itself in laughter as he poured himself a shot of soju. 

"Yeol." I could hear Kris say in the background as I stared at Sehun. "You can't offer your friends." He said as Sehun took his shot and placed down the clear glass on the table with a slight, "Ah." His glossed over eyes only proving how drunk he was with the rest of the men at the table as he spoke. "Yeah, be careful, Yeol. Kris might sue you." 

I watched as Kris scuffed under his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter