Chapter 12

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sat there in the crowded lecture hall. The sounds of laughter and typing surrounding me as I concentrated on my phone. The tutorial video puzzling to me as I sighed in desperation and looked down at my hands. My unpainted nails and neglected cuticles bothering as I was now used to having a manicure every two weeks. So as I continued to watch the videos, I tried to absorb all the information I could while trying to understand how some people went their whole lives without a manicure.

However, as I watched my video, I could see from the corner of my eye, Mr. Kris Wu himself. Therefore, I ignored him as he took a seat next to me, I tried to concentrate on the girl on the screen cutting her cuticles, but as Kris leaned over slightly to look at the video playing, the male spoke.

“Shouldn’t you be doing your essay?”

I sighed and without looking at him, I answered as flat as I could, “It’s done.” However, as Kris snatched the phone from my hand, I whipped my head toward his. I could see the surprise in his eyes as he looked at me in disbelief. With shocked and alarmed eyes of my own, I shrunk back a bit seeing this face on the male for the first time in my thirty years of life, I stayed quiet as he just barely let out a, “How?”

I had almost forgotten that although it was my second time taking this class, it was Kris’ first. He was bound to struggle while I merely needed a refresher of it all. So it would only make sense that I wrote my paper before looking for sources to site the information I already knew. Plus, if I finished the essay, then I would have time for Sehun.

So as I stuttered a bit, I tried my best to give him a condescending look as I eyed him, “Why? Was it supposed to be hard?” I watched as his face morphed into that of spite as he slowly placed my phone down in front of me. With a suspicious look, the male glared at me slightly, “So you managed to type a forty page essay in the matter of a week about social welfare?”

I tried my best once more to keep up my defensive act as I crossed my arms as I forced my nostrils to flare, “You didn’t?” I asked him back and before he could ask another question, I asked, “Why are you sitting next to me anyway?”

I watched as his face slowly changed again. This time his eyes soften at me as his usually silent aura was now deafening as he looked at me and looked away. Staring down at his books on the table, he looked back up at me, “I thought we were friends.” He said quietly as I barely heard him.

His shy side finally showing itself as I remembered that Chanyeol said he had a hard time making friends. It was a statement I couldn’t argue as well because Kris always kept to himself and when he spoke, I think now that maybe his anxiety caused him to speak out harshly. But I digress, it was wrong of me to assume his issues, so instead I began to think about if us being friends would be good.

I already knew that Kris was apart of my life for the long run, but maybe the change in relationship would be helpful to both of us. Our competitive frenemy relationship was toxic and barred any time of growth for us.

 

I sat across from Kris, the glass boxes of offices facing each other. The man just had to get into civil law to try and outdo me. So as I typed vigorously, I couldn’t help but glance up every now and then to see the male doing the same. So as I stopped typing, I looked up at him with spite. We were adults and we were behaving like we were ten. So as I stood up and walked out of my office to his, I watched as the male let go of the pen he had been twirling in his hand and stared up at me from his seat.

Like always, Kris Wu radiated arrogance as  he smirked at me, “Ms. Kim Eunji.” The condescending tone of his voice nearly sending me into a spiral as I smiled smugly at him, “Mr. Kris Wu.” I replied back. My smile making his lip twitch a bit as he nodded and smiled back. Motion to the chairs in front of his desk, he spoke again, “What brings you to my office, Eunji?” The faux charm in his voice making my cringe as I sat down on the gray suede.

“Oh, I can’t come and see how my long time friend is doing?” Sometimes I enjoyed banter like this between Kris and I. It was refreshing in comparison to the paperwork and nasty clients I had to handle.

I believed that if I could annoy Kris at least once a day, I would be fulfilled. Therefore as the male folded his hands and tilted his head at me, his sly smile spread, “Of course. I just thought you needed my help since you kept looking over here.”

 

The constant battles and little arguments between us often got us in meeting with our CEO to tell us about our behavior and how we would have been terminated if not for our talents. It was a tiring cycle, so as I looked at the male who refused to give me eye contact while he fiddled with the spiral of his notebook, I sighed, “Yeah, you’re right.”

Looking up to me, the male sat there silently as I looked back at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter