Chapter 3

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sitting at my small desk, I looked down at the finished homework. Everything is so easy when you have real world experience. Why not just teach like that? Textbooks were boring and never captivated the attention of the majority of the population, so why not switch to module based learning? Put everything in a controlled setting?

Sighing, I pushed myself off of the table and looked around the room. My door was wide open to my living room. I still can hardly believe this. This is insane. Laughing to myself, I wiggled in my chair a bit as I did a little dance in celebration, "I'm young again!" I beamed as I stood up and walked toward my mirror. Holding my youthful skin I examined the flawless surface. Not a single wrinkle or frown line insight.  Laughing like a mad man, I turned around and walked out toward my kitchen.

Walking to the fridge, I opened it up to see all of the junk I used to be able to eat. The leftover box of fried chicken and bottles of soju. Orange juice that was barely considered juice also sat there as I looked at the half eaten chocolate bar. Smiling to myself, I picked up the confectionary and unwrapped the rest. Taking a bite, I savored the sweet taste of the chocolate as I walked around enjoying my young metabolism.

As I chewed on the sweet treat, I walked back into my room and looked down at the organized desk. I really wish I had been more organized when I was in college, maybe I wouldn't have had to scramble constantly. Shaking my head at my naive habits, I picked up the red notebook and flipped it open to the calendar. Tracing the dates, my finger landing on tomorrow. It was going to be Saturday, March 16th.

I had circled that day in my small little calender. So as I finished off my chocolate bar, I threw the wrapper in the bin beside the desk before sitting down again. Looking at the small book, I held it up to my face as I read what I had written down. Tomorrow Sehun worked his part time as a waiter. He worked at that small cafe that made cute bingsoo with adorable mochi figures. God, I loved that place! I still can't believe they closed down.

Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. Focus! Reading the notebook again, I looked at why I had marked this day down.

Fight about Flirty Customers

I sighed as my shoulder deflated. I remember this day so vividly. Looking back now, I think that day was when Sehun started to drift away from me, but then again, I had never noticed a lot of his microaggressions. I was so clueless and stupid.

 

Minyoung hooked her arm in mine as she dragged me to the cafe Sehun had worked at. Her diet had been going well so she decided she would indulge in some discounted goodness. "Eunji." She said as she leaned on my shoulder as we walked. I hummed happily as I looked down at my best friend since junior high, "Yes, your highness?" I asked as she let out a small giggle and stood up before smacking my arm.

"Oh shut up!" She breathed through laughs as I smiled at her. Minyoung was always so lighthearted and warm. I always loved being around her. She was one of those best friends that would stick by your side no matter what happened. The type of person who would argue for you even if you were wrong then yell at you behind closed doors for being so stupid. I was lucky for her.

So as she wiped the invisible tear from her eye, she hugged my arm tighter, "I'm so happy you're dating Sehun." She said softly as I looked down at her with a suspicious smile, "Is it because you get twenty percent off?" I asked as her cheeks reddened, "Okay, that's just a bonus." She said as she held up one finger at me. "But, I'm also happy you that got hot hermit out of his shell." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes. Sehun wasn't a hermit, he was just determined to perfect his craft, "He's too busy to be an extrovert like you!" I teased as Minyoung laughed, "Sehun has gotten way more friendlier since you both started dating. I would even say he's a smooth talker." She teased back as she pushed open the door. With a soft melodic chime, we entered the trendy Gangnam cafe as little terrariums hung from the ceiling and perfectly framed my boyfriend as a pretty blonde held onto his hand while he stood over their table.

I followed slowly behind Minyoung as my gaze kept at their table. Sehun hadn't notice our entrance so as we sat down at the table, I eyed my boyfriend as Minyoung began to talk, "Anyway!" She began as I held a finger to my mouth before pointing behind her. Turning her head, she looked back at me as she nodded silently before zipping .

"Sehunnie Oppa!" She whined as both of her hands held onto his while the other held a dirty bowl. "Nana." He replied with a soft smile as she pouted, "Let's go get dinner after this, yeah?" She asked as he softly wiggled his hand out of her's, "Sorry, I'm busy, Nana." He smiled as he shoved his hand into the pocket of his pouch. The girl pouted harder as she didn't let go of the subject so easily, "Please?" She begged as I could feel my blood boil. 

Say you have a girlfriend.

"Maybe one day." He laughed as he walked away and turned his head and finally spotted us. A smile crossed his face, but a frown laid across mine. "Hey guys!" He waved as Minyoung smiled an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter