Chapter 10

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked hand and hand with Sehun. His big hands covering most of mine and keeping it warm as the cool night breeze blew through my hair. The days were starting to get longer and warmer; however, the nights were still cold and dark. Therefore, as we walked through the lively city, I tried to absorb everything around me.

I never realized how much could change in eight years, but as I looked around almost everything changed. Even if it was just slightly, I never noticed. I told myself it was best not to dwell in the past as it was what I avoided the most. On the other hand, as I stared at the digital billboards of items now filled with nostalgia for me make their first debuts to the market, I knew that it was a different time and place.

So as I stared up at Sehun, the city lights bounced around on his porcelain skin while the cold breeze nibble on his nose making it a soft tint of red. Smiling brightly at him, I could feel the male look down at me as he smiled. His radiant smile making my heart skip multiple beats. “What?” The teasing nature of his voice making my blush.

Looking away from him, I stared forward and tried to hold in a cheeky smile even though some it shown out. My cheeks cramped as I tried to suppress my emotions while I talked, “Nothing. It’s absolutely nothing.” I could hear his chuckling laugh as he threw his arm around me while we cut into the park. 

As we walked the path, the slow flickering of the lights turning on while we walked down the path that was filled with the small laughter and chitter chatter of people around us. “You think you’re so funny, huh?” He asked as I intertwined my fingers with his while his hand hung off of my shoulder. 

“Just a little bit.”

I could feel the soft squeeze on my hand as he shook my a bit jokingly. Looking up to the man, I wondered was he still this playful? Did he change after we broke up? Did he ever think of me the way I thought of him? I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask him, but I knew that this Sehun wouldn’t have the answers. This Sehun seemed like he wouldn’t leave me even if his life depended on it.

Therefore, I decided that I was going to live in the moment for now and not dwell on our future and what was going to happen to us as we sat on a bench. Sitting on opposite sides, our hands connected us as our fingers played with each other. Looking down at the ground, I felt like I was on my very first date again.

I was never the type to be speechless. I always had something to say, it was just my nature. Maybe it was a habit I grew. I knew to listen, it was apart of my job, but being heard was an even bigger part. So I made sure to always be vocal about my thoughts. However, at this very moment, I was at a loss for words. So thinking of anything, I blurted out, “How’s your program?”

I looked up to see Sehun, his face puzzled by the sudden question before bringing himself back in as he blinked and stumbled on his words. “Well, I guess it’s okay.” He said as he looked away from me and toward our fingers as he played with my thumb with his. Frowning, I looked down at him, “What’s wrong?” 

I hadn’t expected for his answer to be so ungood? I wasn’t exactly sure what I expected, but it wasn’t this. Usually it would be a confident, “Good!” or an exact answer about what exactly was wrong. However, as he looked at me through his lashes, I stared at him with concern. What could be wrong?

“It’s not the program.” 

So was it me? I could feel the pressure building in my chest as I waited for his words. I mean, I didn’t expect our break up last time, so what if I messed things up now as we were to break up now? 

I tried my best to calm my poor heart down, but nothing was working as I tried to slow down my breaths as my hands become sweaty and noticeable to Sehun. Who squeezed my hand tightly making me feel guilty. It should be the other way around, Eunji.

“If it’s not the program, then what is it?” I tried my best to stay calm, so as I waited for his response, I could hear the seconds ticking in my ears like time itself was being slowed. Anxiety was never my friend, it just always here with me. So as I tried my best to tame my acquaintance, Sehun began to speak.

“There’s an event going on among tech investors.” He began. “I want to enter, but I’m not sure if what I’m making is enough to catch the eye of an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter