Chapter 5

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stood outside of the cafe as I looked down white sneakers. I just couldn't believe it. Was she the reason why Sehun left me? Was their marriage not just some casual thing that Minyoung had made it seem to be?

I sighed. 

This was just way too much. Who would have known going back would bring the same insecurities into my head. However, at the same time, I couldn't help but to feel this way. Han Nana was pretty, nice, and as I've heard extremely rich. So as I leaned against the wall, I looked around the bustling street. I think the one thing never changed and will never change are the busy and lively streets of Seoul. This city had its own time and its own free will. I remember one thing that Sehun had told me when we first started to date.

I looked at the male whose head was buried in a book about economics as I leaned on my elbow. I remember this kid. He just graduated with a degree in computer science, so exactly why am I helping him with an economic course?

"Oh Sehun." I called out as the man looked up at me as I was caught off guard by those deep brown eyes that hide just barely under those dark rimmed glasses, "Yes?" He answered as I rolled the pencil in my hand trying to collect myself. "Didn't you just graduate? Why are you here for an economics study session?" I asked as he placed the book down softly and gave me a soft smile to match. "For my dream." He replied as his smile grew to a toothy one making my heart jump a bit.

"Your dream?" I asked as he nodded, "I want to make sure that everything goes perfect. So I can't be ignorant to these things." He said pointing at the book while he looked at me, "How about you? Why are you here? You just got your Bachelor's too." He replied as I sat there dumbfounded, "I guess my dream too." I said simply as he smiled warmly. "That's right. Your dream. A big city like Seoul only has a countless amount of opportunities to make it happen."

Smiling to myself, the small memory helped my lift my spirits a bit as I stood up straight. Hearing the small chime of a door, I looked over to my side to see Sehun standing there in his after work glory. His hair messy and tousled as the had his book bag on with a cap in his hand. Running his fingers through his hair, he placed the cap on his head while he looked up to me. The Sehun I knew now had discovered contacts as his eyes turned into little crescents, "Hey, babe." He greeted as he walked over to me. Smiling, I pushed myself off the wall.

Forget about Nana right now. Just enjoy Sehun.

"Hey." I greeted back softly as I could smell the sweet scent of pastries off of him. He always used to smell like this off of work, which I always used to think was so funny. "You smell nice." I said calmly as the male let out a tired chuckle and intertwined his fingers with mine. Leaning over, he gave me a kiss on the forehead, "Not going to call me 'Toaster Strudel'?" He asked as we began to walk hand in hand. "Toaster Strudel." I said softly as he could only laugh in a response. A response that I could now understand was out of pure exhaustion and good intentions.

Walking alongside him was something I missed greatly. Sehun's towering height over my small frame always somehow managed to make me feel safe and happy. So as I swung our arms, I looked up to the tall male who smiled softly at me. 

"Hi." He said softly. The slow natural pur of his voice making my heart beat fast as I could feel the flushing red taking over my face as I looked away and tried to restrain the strong smile that wanted it's way out. I could hear his small laugh as he squeezed my hand as I turned my attention back to him. Smiling, he nudged me with his shoulder. "I'm not sure why you've been in such a good mood lately, but I like it." He said as I felt myself becoming speechless.

Nodding my head quietly I could feel his hand pulling away from mine as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. The warmth that radiated off of him made me feel over excited on this cool summer night as I held on slightly to his black tee shirt.

Was this is what I missed out on the last time? 

The soft embrace of the only man I think I ever loved over a petty fight. Han Nana was a no one at this point in time. He said it, she was just a regular and I was his girlfriend. So as I leaned my head against him as we walked, I realized that maybe I wasn't right. I should have trusted him more. One of the many things I learned through the years that most relationships were caused by miscommunication, overreactions, and fabricated conclusions. Though many people may not think it, I think I probably had more knowledge on relationships than a marriage counselor. People went to them trying to fix problems, but they hid everything. However, by the time they got to me, nothing was sacred anymore. Truths came out, words were exchanged that could never be taken back, and the one that was always quick to defend usually ended up the most hurt.

So as I appreciated the calming silence between us as we walked, I couldn't help myself. "Sehun." I called out for making the male hum in response as I looked up at him as his eyes connected with mine. I loved those beautiful eyes. "You won't leave me for any of your pretty regulars, right?" I tried to ask innocently and teasingly. Delivery. The way you say things speaks way louder than how you pick your words. In my youth, I tried my best to be articulate and precise with the language I used, but as I grew older and evolved, I learned that tone was what set the mood.

I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter