Chapter 2

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gasping for air as I followed Sehun, I stopped and bent over my knees. Something that I just learned was that although I may have all my memories and knowledge from the future, my body was still physically twenty two. Therefore, I had taken complete advantage of my fast metabolism and disregarded all types of exercise. As I felt the burning in my lungs, I looked up to see Sehun standing over me as he patted my back and smiled. His cheeks rosy from exerting so much energy.

"You okay?" He smiled as I nodded my head in between breaths.

"Great!" I replied as I looked at him trying to understand how he was so fit. He didn't play sports and was either working, with friends, or working on that program that he would sell for millions. Eyeing him, he handed me a water bottle as I stood up straight. Grabbing it from his hand I smiled as I felt the cold bottle in my hand as I chugged down the water. Gulping it back, I looked over to Sehun as he watched me with those crescent eyes that I had missed so much.

Sometimes at night, when I was feeling specifically lonely, those eyes would appear in my dreams. The way he squinted them when he was confused. How the fire burned in them when his anger took over him. The overpowering passion in them when he lusted; but best of all, how they radiated love when he smiled. He had never told me directly, but I was sure I could feel it. We had never told each other we love each other and I wasn't sure if he loved me.

So taking a deep breath, I handed the bottle back to him as he drank what was left. "How are you so good at running?" I asked as I watched the way his Adams' apple bobbed with every swallow. Wiping his mouth, he looked down at me and pushed a strand of hair that had fallen out from my ponytail as I ran. The black strand of hair almost foreign as my hair had been continually dyed brown after my twenty fifth birthday.

Pushing the strand behind my ear, he let his thumb rub the side of my face as I pushed into it. Sehun's touch was like no other. It had always felt warm and safe. Right now was no different from all of those other times either as he warmly smiled at me. "I've been running every other day in the morning." He replied as my calm eyes shot up at him. I had never known that he liked to run in the morning and right now was the first time I had heard about it.

"What? Since when?" I asked as I couldn't help but a tad stupid as his hobby was unknown to me. "About two months ago. Remember when you slept in by accident? I started running by myself anyway." He said with a hint of a passive attitude. I bit my lip as I nodded feeling guilt over just how stupid pass me was. "I'm sorry." I apologized as he sheepishly nudged me, "It's okay." He said as he grabbed my hand and stood next to me. 

I'm not sure if it was because I was practically a thirty year old woman stuck in a twenty two year old's, but I couldn't help but notice the obvious distaste. What happened on his birthday has been brewing up for a long time and I was just too stupid to notice.

"Let's go. Best not to over exert yourself." He smiled as he squeezed my hand. Smiling back, I followed him back toward my apartment.

I wonder how long Sehun had been contemplating on breaking up with me. Why didn't I just see those signs? Looking up at him, his clear skin shone as the light bounced off of them. His lashes fluttering every time he blinked as he began to squint his eyes. The sun was starting to rise higher and higher in the sky as I stared at him. "I missed you a lot." I said suddenly making him look down at me in amusement. 

"It's only been two days." He said as he laughed at me because I was sure he was finding my behavior a bit odd. I let out a small laugh as I looked at our interconnected hands, "Seems like years." I almost whispered remembering how handsome he looks giving the alumni of honor speech. He'd barely aged besides a slight frown line, but overall, he looked how he looked now. So as I looked up, I instantly connected with his dark eyes as they stared at me. His face void of emotion before smiling softly, "Well, next time you miss me, just call instead of waiting so long."  He replied as I frowned slightly.

I never remembered Sehun being this passive, but then again, I was starting to believe that I was a bit clueless before. "Sorry." I apologized softly as he let go of my hand and wrapped an arm around me as he pushed me to his side, "Stop apologizing." He laughed and we walked up the stairs of my complex.

 

 

 

 

Stopping at my door, I looked up to him as stood across from me. "Do you have class today?" I asked. I had forgotten our schedules. It had been so many years and I don't think I could remember his roster even if I am tired, but as he shook his head and grabbed onto my hand.

"No, I don't." He replied as I smiled before his next words came out, "But I have to work out some kinks in the program I'm developing. I know you don't like being around that stuff." He said as I bit onto my lip. His tech stuff used to confuse me and frustrated me because I couldn't understand one thing that came out of his mouth. Sehun had just gotten his degree in computer net

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter