Chapter 15

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 31st, 2019

 

The station radiated some type of life to it that almost seemed surreal. The chatter of everyone around me and the sound of trains made it even more so as I kicked my feet back and forth. Today, I had decided on casual wear. It was something that said I was simple as well as being a great outfit to meet someone’s parents with.

Therefore, as I bundled up my scarf a bit more while the wind blew through the terminal, I couldn’t help but to feel excited. The beach? I mean come on, it was the beach! Not just any beach too, it was the beach that Sehun grew up next to. I remember the small little town that smelled of salt. I remembered how the cool spring breeze enveloped our bodies as Sehun struggled to try and keep the both of us warm while we laughed and walked along the beach.

 

The male had his arm wrapped around me as we tried our best not to sink deep down into the sand. The cloudy gray skies that blended in with the water somehow romantic as he laughed beside me. “Oppa!” I yelled out to him as we stumbled a bit, causing his grip on me to tighten as our laughter danced in the air. 

The salty spray of the ocean leaving our skin slightly moist to the touch as he pulled me into him. I could feel that usual aura that radiates around him. It was calming, nice, and all over relaxing. Therefore, as I wrapped my arms around him, I could feel his diaphragm vibrating under me. As I rested my chin on his chest, I stared up into those eyes that told me everything was okay and that it would all be alright. His brown eyes soften as he stared back at me and smiled down kindly.

The small tug at the small of my back drawing me in closer as his hands rested in the small curve “Hey.” He whispered softly as I let my hand travel up to his face. His cheeks were plush and soft to my touch as I let my finger trailed down to his jaw, “Hey.” 

It was a bare response. However, that was why it was so powerful. To us, just one word so bare and minimal. So simple and clean, told the other we were listening and we were all ears. Our body was open to conversation no matter how silent or minute. 

So as we smiled at each other, I knew at that moment that I had absolutely loved Oh Sehun.

 

Laughing to myself, I looked down at my feet as I conintued to swing them back and forth. I hoped we could have this much fun today, but it was an uncertainty that I hoped would swing in my favor. Sehun had called me himself in the morning to tell me about his presentation and he seemed so sure he would get out on time. So with confidence, I wished him good luck as he told me he would see me later. So as I brought up my wrist, I looked down at the small watch I had purchased. 

It was from the same shop that I had gotten Sehun’s birthday present.

It was a small shop that was tucked behind a tree in a little miniscule neighborhood. It had sold custom timepieces that were priced a bit more pretty than what I could afford. However, as I came back in time with better money management skills, I was able to get Sehun’s watch as well one for myself. So as I looked down at the golden little watch that laid perfectly on my wrist, I saw that there was still about thirty minutes until the train was to arrive.

I had decided to come early just to make sure that Sehun wouldn’t wait if he came first. I was grateful that the male would finally have time after spending so much on his program. Sometimes I felt like that program was his girlfriend, but I also needed to keep in mind that it would soon be his entire future.

I think the worst part was knowing what was right and still being unable to follow your own advice. I knew what was rational, what was actually important, and what my role in everything was. However, what I didn’t know was how to control what I naturally felt inside. I think at some point in every person we were very primal. Everything about us was so primitive that made everything else complicated. For example, our patience was like water. Some ran fast and others were slow and waiting. However, even if water was so patient it eroded away at the very thing holding it back.  

Therefore, as the time ticked on and thirty minutes turned to twenty who soon turned to five, I could help but feel that pitiful lump in my chest. For god's sake, I may have looked like I was twenty two, but I was a grown woman. Crying in public was a big no no.

So as I wiped away the invisible tears, I could hear the train pulling into the platform as people began to line up at the doors. Standing up, I looked around for Sehun in the sea of people around me. Maybe I couldn’t see him? He could be here. There’s a lot of people. But I knew better than that. Oh Sehun was tall. Oh Sehun was alluring and my eyes would always find him. So where was he?

I looked up to check the platform. Platform Four. I was at the right place, so where was he?

I could hear the sound of the last whistle telling us that the train was ready to leave. The people around me slowly disappeared into the train until it was just me and the others waiting for the next train.

Holding the tickets ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter