Chapter 14

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s room reeked of ramen as I’m sure that was what he ate before calling me. Everytime he cooked anything, let it be small or just microwaved, it would make the studio apartment smell of it for at least an hour if Sehun didn’t open up a window. Right now, it was obvious that the male was too busy to worry about such things as the sound of his fingers abusing his keyboard echoed around the room. 

Lately, I’ve been wondering if Sehun starting his career earlier, would it affect anything? Would it cause him to ultimately fail or jumpstart his huge success? I hope it was the latter. He deserved the best, but I also wondered if I should sabotage his career right now to make sure things stayed in it’s natural order. 

On the other hand, that would solidify that Sehun and I would have no future. So shaking my head of the thought, I decided to distract myself as I looked around the room for something to do. I had already had my fill of old apps that gave me a sense of nostalgic joy, so my phone sat there silently charging as my eyes scanned the room.

I had always wished for some free time and maybe sometimes I wished for things to be the way it was before I started my career, but having too much free time was a bore. I was easily captivated and turned off by the things around me.

So as my eyes scanned the room, they focus on a familiar blue box on the shelf. Smiling to myself, I got up from the soft bed and went toward the wooden shelf that leaned against the wall. Picking up the box, I smiled at the game that used to fill a lot of our nights together and went to go and sit at the small table on the floor.

Stacking up the little block into a tower on the table, I smiled to myself. “I love Jenga.” The wooden blocks aligning perfectly as I criss crossed them up. This game was not only fun, but all about strategy and control. It was also the game that brought Sehun and I closer.

 

It was our third date together and my first time at Sehun’s. We had just gotten back from watching a movie as the male open the door for us. Upon walking into his small apartment, he dusted the confetti out of his hair as he cursed. “Why do they have to blow confetti everywhere? It’s so messy and such a waste!” I laughed at his irritability and reached over to him as he looked at me. Taking a piece of pink confetti out of his hair, he blushed and smiled as he looked away and tried to change the subject.

“Anyway, this is my home, Eunji.” He walked into the center of his studio apartment and spread out his long arms as he turned to me. Looking around, I examined the cramp apartment before smiling back at him, “I like it.” I watched as his smile got brighter as he sat down on his bed, “You don’t have to lie to me, Eunji. I know it’s small.” I watched as the male rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. Walking up to him, I flicked his forehead, making his head go back a bit before he rubbed the red spot that was forming. “It has a kitchen, bed, window, and no holes. I think you’re living very luxuriously.” I could hear his small laugh brewing up as he looked up at me, still rubbing his forehead, “You think?”

Patting the spot besides him, I looked down at his bed. It was nice and neatly made. The twin sized bed fitting perfectly in the room not taking too much space. Smiling, I settled next to Sehun. Looking across the room, I could see the computer that looked like it had been misplaced in this old apartment. It was new and shiny. The lights and powerful parts apparent through the glass case. I knew that Sehun had a thing for tech, but this was my first time seeing his main computer. 

However, I decided that right now, I didn’t care about that. I just cared about knowing him more. So as I turned and looked at him, I watched as the male nervously fiddled with his fingers trying to figure out what to do next. It was cute how confident he could be at times before completely turning to an introvert. It was one of his traits that drew me deeper and deeper into him. Therefore, I decided, I would make the first move.

Putting my hand on top of his fiddling thumbs, I could feel them stop as he looked up at me through his glasses. The bit of light reflecting through the small window creating a glare as I squinted at him, “Do you have any games or anything to play?” 

I know the line was stupid, but I couldn’t think of anything else too. This was my first time actually seeing someone. In high school, I just jumped straight to dating if we liked each other mutually, but Sehun and I were older. We knew better than to rush things, so as he smiled back at me, a wave of relief washed over me. His eye smile made my heart flutter as he stood up and walked over to a wooden shelf in the room and pulled out two boxes. 

“Jenga or Monopoly?”

I watched as the male stood there giddy that he was able to play with someone. So as I pointed at Jenga, the male nodded put the game away. Walking over to the small round table that was low to the ground, I watched as he sat down. Scooting off off the bed, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter