A Step Forward

Passion

It's 8:23am already, the lobby of the condominium building Sakura has been staying is unbelievably crowded. Most of the time this building would just cater the residents but today it's different. So many reporters are rushing inside the lobby for god knows what reason. Yuri the main receptionist got her hands full because of the commotion. She has no freaking Idea what is happening right now. Due to the commotion a number of residents started to complain through the receptionists' table, Yuri now being fed up with the ordeal so early in the morning approached a man in his mid 30's.

"Excuse me. Mister, it's so early in the morning and you are causing a whole scene right now. May I ask why?, our clients have been complaining."
The man then looked at Yuri with a foul expression. He then started to spat on Yuri. Yuri on the other hand kept her cool and let the man express his frustrations, after a minute or so, Yuri then asked again in a very professional manner. "Can I at all least know why there is a lot of reporters here, and why are you all eager to get to the 21st floor?"
The man looked at him with bewilderment in his eyes. "How can you not know about this big scoop!?"
Yuri then stared at him unknowingly. "Scoop? What scoop?" She then asked again with curiousity brewing with every word.
The man then explained that a famous business person had a relationship with a rising celebrity. The so called rising star and business person has been hitting it off for like 4 years already until last night, when the whole media was shook with the sudden split of the two. A fan of the rising star caught a picture of her idol walking under the rain crying her heart out. 
Yuri then looked at the man in a confused state. "Well sorry to burst your bubbles sir, but there is no rising celebrity or famous business person in this building. So would you mind if you take your crew away from here. You are all ruining a steadily running business here." Yuri then snapped at them. Ofcourse if someone famous is living in their building she should have known about it, well maybe not, since she's not really into watching shows or reading any artist magazine. 

The man then furrowed his brows with slight frustration and heaves a sigh. "Miss we can never get wrong about our informations. This is definitely where Miss Miyawaki Sakura live." 

As Yuri heard the name, her eyes grew bigger. She thought that was impossible! She never once thought the her lovely Sakura unnie is a damn rising celebrity. She was still in her trance when suddenly a man in black suit entered the vicinity. "What is this commotion!" The man suddenly raised his voice as the a crowd of wild reporters stared at him. He then switched his glance to Yuri who looks liked she has seen a ghost. Yuri then started to bear cold sweats. She feels that the man's gaze are now Shooting bullets at her. Her knees started to shake, she started to feel anxious. The man then pulled his cell out and phoned the Police. As the reporters heard the police's sirens out of the building they started scrambling like rats. After a few minutes the sea of reporters are nowhere to be found, but Yuri is still standing at the front of the reception table. The man then approached Yuri and gave her shoulder a tap. Yuri snapped out of her trance and slightly jumped at the sudden tap.

"Im just gone for a week and this is what Im gonna see?" Yuri slightly scratched her nape and looked down, she was now eyeing her feet. She doesn't know what excuse she would be giving to the man.

"Uhmmm, Dad. I swear! I did not do anything wrong this time. Those reporters just suddenly came out of nowhere and started saying we need a proof, she's here! We need an interview." The man then sighed and patted his daugther's head. He smiled at her softly. "Okay, princess. I believe you. But next time please notify the authorities if something like this happens again. You know I don't want anything bad happening to you princess." Yuri then nodded and felt at ease. She just stared at her father and smiled at him, she then hugged him and assured him that it will not happen again. 

During the lovely moment of the father and daughter tandem. Suddenly the elevator rang, when it opened it revealed a very gorgeous girl with shoulder length hair. Yuri suddenly broke out of her father's arms and ran towards the new comer. 


"SAKURA UNNIE! GOOD MORNING!"


As Sakura saw Yuri's smiling figure running towards her, she beamed a smile. 


"Good mor-" 
Sakura was cutted off by Yuri.
"Yah! Unnie! Why didn't you say you're damn popular!? The press are all over the place earlier. They are so unstoppable!" Yuri then exclaimed to her beloved senior the dreadful morning she's been through because of the medias. 


Sakura then just smiled at her, and apologize. Yuri shook her head, wanting her senior to know that it was alright. She then looked at Sakura straight into the eye. The younger girl saw how puffy her eye's are even tho it's covered in heavy make up. She could only guess that her beloved senior probably cries herself to sleep or maybe didn't even sleep at all. Yuri's expression turns to a worried look. She's knows her senior is a capable woman, but still she also know that her Sakura unnie sometimes makes the dumbest decisions. 

She heaves a sigh, which was not left unnoticed by her father. 
Mr. Jo was on his way to atleast ease her daughter when a man came inside the lobby. 
Mr. Jo greeted the man with a bow and diverted his attention back to the girls when suddenly Sakura started to look pale. Her hands started trembling, she feels the needs a gallon of water. She's sweating and tears are starting to peek on the corners of her eyes. This was not left unnoticed by the father and daughter duo.

"Unnie. Are you alright?"

----------------------------------------------------

Before the incident—


Sakura was awaken by her phone's ringing. It was exactly 3 in the morning. The devil's hour indeed. She felt her head was about to explode due to continuous crying. As she looks at her phone. She then suddenly felt the urge to cry, but something happened. Not a single drop of tear can be seen dripping on her cheek. It was as if her body is already fed up with all the drama that it just started to make a rules for itself. She can't cry her heart out which made it even more unbearable. The only way she escapes her feelings of pain is crying but now, even her own body wouldn't cooperate. She was just there staring blankly into the wall. She was breathing but she looks lifeless. Her eyes bear no soul. It was all empty. She was empty. As she started to process everything, she stands and walk towards her small kitchen. She grabbed herself a glass of water and gulped into it as if she hasn't drank one bit for 50 years. After drinking she stood by the sink. She was staring at it when she suddenly felt the urge to vomit. She hasn't had any food at all since yesterday but still she feels so full. She splurged on the sink. 


She's being a mess again. 


After that, she unconciously move to a near by frame. She stared at it. Her empty expression turned into grimace. Her tears starts falling again. She took the frame and placed it near her body she clung on it like her life depends on it. She was starting to hyperventilate. Her vision started to blur. She almost passed out, but thankfully her phone rang. It was a call from her manager. 
She hurriedly ran towards her room leaving the frame she was holding dearly. She then answered the call.

"Kura-ssi! We have a sudden schedule later but it's actually not yet fixed. I want you to prepare for it just incase."


Sakura just answered her manager with a hum and then nodded as if she was talking to her in person. Her manager then sighed on the other end of the line.

"Sakura-ssi, I know things are hard for you right now. But please don't hurt yourself like this. That guy is a jerk, he doesn't deserve you. So please take care and stop crying over a piece of trash who wasted a diamond like you. He's not worth the tears!" Her manager said in frustration. 
Sakura started to sob. 


"How can I move on from him Unnie. He was my world. Everything revolved around him. I gave him every bit of my heart and soul. We are not just in a relationship. We are engage. How could he waste all those 4 years. Unnie I hate him but half of me still loves him. Half of me still wants him." 

A deep sigh can be heard at the other end of the line.

"But he shattered you didn't he!?" Her manager then again reasoned in frustration. She can't contain her anger. She saw how Sakura would literally give her own happiness for that guy and yet he has the audacity to do this.


"Sakura, he may have stand beside you during bad times but he was not there during your worst. He just basically used you! Which makes me so furious!" Her manager sighed then again

"I will cancel the meeting later, and maybe other offers. Fix yourself first. Once you're okay we will talk." 

Sakura can feel the frustration in he manager's voice, but she's still thankful of her. She didn't force her to do things when she's in this kind of situation. Sakura's mood somehow lighten because of the warm approach of her manager towards her situation.
"Thank you, Eunbi unnie. I promise, I'll fix myself." She then ended the call. She can't seem to sleep. She just stared onto the ceiling until morning came.
----------------------------------------------

 

Sakura is now sitting back in her room. She's been spacing out, looking into space. She is lifeless. Yuri, on the other side is worried and furious. She wants to smack the man from earlier. As she looks at her lifeless senior, anger boils down from her feet up. 

Flashback:


"Unnie. Are you alright"
Yuri is starting to get more worried towards her senior, who is now shaking as if she's seen a ghost. Due to Sakura's looks, Yuri guided her to seat in one of the couches in the lobby. Mr. Jo on the other hand saw what happened to Sakura so he himself accommodate the new comer.

"Welcome to Yul Condominiums. What can I do for you?" Mr. Jo chirply said to a possible buyer.

 
The man then just looked at him from head to toe.


"Im not interested in buying a cheap unit. Im just here because of someone" The man boringly answered with hint of mocking in his voice.
Sakura was sitting in the opposite side of where the newcomer is residing at the moment. Her back facing the man.


"Mister. Im so sorry, but we value privacy here. We don't just give informations." Mr. Jo's tone turned a little bit annoyed.


The girls can here the exchange of words between Mr. Jo and the other man. 
The newcomer then just sighed and gave Mr. Jo a paper bag. 
"Can you tell Miss Miyawaki to not follow me anymore and all her belongings that was left in my house is now inside this paper bag. Also please tell her that if she step on my yard, Im going to place an RO against her." Mr. Jo just looked at him with a straight face.
The man then left the vicinity after handing down the bag. After a few minutes, sobs can be heard throughout the condominium lobby. Sakura started to hyperventilate. Her vision becomes blurry. Her knees and body started to get weak. She can see Yuri's worried face through the gaps on her finger before darkness took over her sight. 
She fainted.
------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri is worried. When Sakura was asleep she took a peek in the bag that jerk left. It was consist of a very expensive watch, some letters and a pair of rings. Looking at the contents of the bag only made Yuri mad. She heaves another sigh as she reached for her phone.

"Hey, pup! Are you busy later?"


"Unniiiiiiiie~, nope! Why? Are you going to treat us?"


"Hell NO! Anyways can you like go with us later?"


"Sure, I don't have anything to do here at the dorm. So no probs just text me the place and I'll surely be there. Also the food okay~"


Yuri ended the conversation. She then sighed and looked at Sakura. She slowly caressed the sleeping girl's hair. 


"Unnie, how can you let yourself fall into someone like that." She just sighed and shook her head. frustration is starting to eat her up until she recieved a message. One look on the screen and her mood suddenly lights up.

"Yo, Princess! Did ya miss me?"


"Why would I miss a duck?"


"That's mean! Anyways 9pm later. Are you in?"


She looked at her schedule and she seems to be free around that time so she just chuckled.


"Okay, Duck! It's your treat!"


She then sent her message when she heard Sakura sit up on her bed.
-------------------------------------

 

Yuri is now dragging her unnie out of her room.
"Saku Unnie! Come on already! It's almost 8:30! The duck will be hear soon!" Sakura gave Yuri a glare then started retreating again.


"Yul! I didn't agree to this!" Yuri is now mad. Her senior agreed to this plan but wanted to cancel on the last minute. Yuri is starting to get fed up with the childish behavior so she fished her phone and called someone.

"Pup! Get your here and bring Cake monster with you! I need your damn help ASAP!"
The people whom Yuri called suddenly arrived, out of breath they literally run from the next block. 
"Pup! Catch this!" Yuri shouted as she flung Sakura's purse towards the tall puppy. She caught it.
Yuri is still trying to drag Sakura but she's still resisting.


"Hey! You two! Come here and help me! Yena is on her way!"  Yuri then again instructed.

The two newcomers had no choice but to actually carry Sakura and drag her out of the building. The three are quite making a scene already, but the people on the lobby doesn't seem to mind. As if it's some daily happening so they seemed to not care.
The trio successfully dragged Sakura out and at that time Yena already arrived. Yena then hurriedly opened the back door of her Range Rover sport, while they forced sakura in, Hyewon run up to the other door to pull her inside and Yujin then made her way to the car. The doors are blocked by the two granting no escape for Sakura. Sakura just heaved a defeated sigh and glare at Yuri who was in the front passenger seat. Yuri took a glance on Sakura using the rear-view mirror. Sakura was still glaring while Yuri gave out an evil grin, making sakura startle at the sight. All her other friends started to give her the same grin. She was puzzled. A few more minutes of silence from her four friends engulfed the car. She's starting to loose her temper, she then started to exhale in a deep manner. She looks back and forth against Hyewon who has her hand busy picking out the gummy bear flavor she wants from her pack and to Yujin who has been busy fiddling with her phone and laughing as she scrolls on her twitter timeline. She then again sighed.


"You know unnie, you've been sighing alot since this morning. Stop that already please." Yuri said in a teasing manner.


"I would definitely stop if you could just tell me where the hell are we going?" Sakura demanded an answer but to her dismay, silence took over. She now feels anxious. When suddenly the car stops.
"We're here!" Yena then exclaimed.
Sakura looked out of the car's window. It was a club. Sakura looks at her friends in bewilderment. 
"What are we doing in a club? I didn't dress up!" Yuri just laugh and got down from her seat.
Sakura was just wearing a black skinny jeans paired with a very loose black hoodie and a pair of converse shoes, she also had a white cap to compliment with her hoodie. 


Sakura then again looked at the club. It was screaming expensive, not that she can't afford it,but she deemed it as an unpractical thing. She just sighed and press on the bridge of her nose close to her eyes. She then turned her head towards Hyewon. Hyewon just gave her a warm smile then walked out of the car. From outside the car stands, Yena who is excited for a drink, Yujin whose in constant bickering with her Yuri unnie and Hyewon who for some reason is enjoying a box of chocolate from who knows where she got those. 
She then exited the car and heave another sigh while turning to Yuri. She wanted to question the girl for why they brought her here, but before she could even ask yuri already reasoned out.


"Unnie, I already know what happened! So please, just ing let go of that ungrateful bastard. He doesn't deserve you! Anyways lets just enjoy the night and drink everything away!" Yuri then smiled at her senior, then switched her gaze to the front door of the club. 


Sakura felt a little bit grateful, because she has friends like this whom are ready to help her. It still hurts for her but she thought that maybe what her friends are suggesting isn't a bad idea at all. With that she proceed to walk towards the club unknown of what is about to happen next that could change her and her whole life.

XXX//XXXXX//XXXXXXXXX//

Sooooo! Yup, sorry for the long wait. Like I said I would be updating weekly since I am quite busy myself~

Thank you for your patience. Also Im starting Chapter 3 by bits now. You can expect an earlier update. (thanks god, I have motivation). Chaeyeon isn't yet in this chapter but sooner my dear readers~

Again thank you and enjoy

~\(≧▽≦)/~