Broken

Passion

In the center of the bustling city of seoul, a girl stands. This particular being is being engulfed by sadness and despair. 

She was broken.

-----------------------------------------


It was around 10:42 in the evening. The night is getting deeper by the second, yet the city is still bustling with noise here and there, some are inaudible and some are loud. At one corner of the city, an old playground resides. It was all dusty, for it hasn't been used for months due to renovations. It was strictly a no trespassing ground, yet a certain girl was taken by her feet there. She has skin as fair as snow, lips as red as roses, eyes as shimmering as diamonds and tears as clear as morning dew. As the girl slowly approach the prohibited ground, she can help but to let go of her muffled cries. Her cries screamed loneliness and pain. It felt broken and unfixable. 


As seconds turn to minutes then turn to hours, the girl's cry started to fade. 
She was sitting on one of the swings with her legs danggling from her seat. She was a mess, her hair was all over her tear stained face, her shirt is all wet and her cheeks are puffy. She was sniffing some snot that somehow escaped from her nose. She looks so devasted and hurt. Her eyes that once bear love and joy are now clouded with emptiness.
She started to stand from her seat, but she felt her knees couldn't take it. They got worn out from all the crying. Not just her knees but also her whole being. As she glance around the place. She, again started to sob. This place holds a lot of memories. This is where it all started and thinking that here is where its all going  end makes her grieve. She can't accept the fact that the place she once hold so much memories of happiness could also bring a piercing ache deep within her.
She again cried for another hour or so. She wanted to stop but the pain keeps coming back. She drowned herself in tears hoping that the burden she has would just leave her forever, but she was wrong. The more she cried the more pain it inflicts. Everything that is happening right now is tiring. She's exhausted...

She then again stops from her sobs and took a deep breath. She then blankly stared ath the night sky, with tears still evident in the corners of her eyes.

"Why?"

The only word her drained soul could come up to. A few more minutes and now she's gathered enough strength to drag her misserable self out of the place that she once considered her safe haven.
She was dragging herself in a busy street. She looks pitiful. She didn't even mind her looks she just walked like she just got out of a torture chamber. Her hair, her dress, everything is a mess. She continued to walk as if she's a soulless being. She heaves heavy sighs of frustrations and pain. 

As she pass by a small flower shop that is now closed since it's already 2 in the morning, she stared at the glass window. She saw how misserable her state was and she couldn't help but to shed another tear. She didn't want this, she thought that fate really is cruel. She did everything but yet, the world doesn't know the word co-operation. She heaves another sigh and didn't bother to fix herself. She continued walking until she reach the steps of a foot bridge. As she slowly took careful steps to climb up, the sky suddenly starts to tear up. She thought that maybe the heavens now realizes her distress and is now being sympathetic. As the sky started a down pour, everyone around started to run from the droplets of tears coming from above.

The girl now soaked on heaven's tears continued to walk. She doesn't mind being stared at. She has no time to care anymore, her broken heart said.

As she reached to a certain building, she immediately swung open the glass door. She was greeted by a voice full of concern, the the girl stood up and ran towards her.
"Sakura Unnie!? Why didn't you took shed from the down pour!" The girl looked at her senior with a confused expression while wiping the older's face with a handkerchief. She knows something is wrong with the girl who just entered the vicinity with drenched up clothes.
"How can you be so careless? And why are your cheeks puffy?" The younger girl again exclaimed with an interrogating tone.
Sakura. The girl from earlier did not want to answer this questions. She's just too drained to do so, or rather too misserable. 

She just took a glance at the girl and gave her a small smile. "Im fine Yul, it's just been a tough night." She then pats the younger girl's shoulder and proceeds to the elevator. The latter could only look at her with sympathy. She knows her senior fairly well.


As the elevator door closes, the younger just heaves a deep sigh, she took her phone and started to message someone.

"Hey, still up. Also, are you free tomorrow night?"


"Yeah, why?"


"Well, Sakura Unnie looks misserable when she cameback so I'm thinking we should atleast cheer her up."


"Hmmm.. Okay Im in. I know a perfect place for that!"


"Really, then that's a relief. See you tomorrow."


"Okaaaaay! I'll just mail you the details later. Bye~ love you lots😘"


A smile crept on the younger's lips as she reads the last reply. She then huffed a few breaths of air and started crumpling her hand forming a fist. She throws it up in the air full of conviction.
"OPERATION: MAKE UNNIE HAPPY, STARTS"
She giggled at her antics and proceed back to her chair in the reception area.

------------------------------

Sakura entered her unit shivering as she was drenched and the air conditioning in her unit made it a little bit colder than usual. She surveys her room she usually stays in. She let out another sigh and proceed to the comfort room. She took a shower to ease her mind. After some moment of fixing up, she proceeds to her bed. 


She took a sit on the furthest corner of her bed and stared at her feet. The scene looks like she's contemplating about something. As she remained in that position for quite a while, she suddely realizes the silence of her room. Usually at this hour she would be booming with energy as she plays on her game, but today is different. She knows that even her games couldn't help her. She was tearung up again and before she knew it, she's already crying. Her muffled sobs echoed throughout the four corners of her bedroom. 


She reached for her pillow and buried her face there as she cries for god knows how many times. As she weep on her pillows, exhaustion has now caught up to her. 


Her muffled cries started to falter until the only thing heard is the sound of the air conditon and the ticking of the clock inside her little space.


She has cried herself to sleep.