Surprises

Passion

It's been 2 weeks now since Sakura's heart has been broken. The media is still hot on her. Everyone wants an exclusive interview and she's been avoiding them to the extent that she has to sneak out of her own condo so no one will notice.

"Haaaah, This is getting tiring! Even going to the freaking grocery coz there are eyes everywhere."

Sakura said disappointed. She never knew she'd get so much attention because of a damn douche. She then again for the nth time swayed her head backwards to the couch and sighed. Yuri on the other hand just listened to her senior's rants. The place is then again dead silent when Sakura stopped her childish rumblings. She was thinking of a way to not face the media for now, since her wounds haven't healed yet and talking about it publicly won't help her any better. Sakura then looked up the ceiling of her unit and closed her eyes. Before she could even think of a way to escape the media for god knows how many times, her phone suddenly rang.


"Who might that be?" Yuri mused.
Sakura then stood up and fetched her phone that was lying at the center table of her receiving area. She looked at the screen and saw her manager's name. She immediately answered it and to her surprise she was bombarded by a panicked Eunbi.
"Sakura! Are you alright!? Are you feeling okay!? Do You need anything!?" Sakura was puzzled by her manager's action. She then collected herself and calmly answered her worried manager's question one by one.
"Unnie calm down. Yes, Im alright. Yes, Im feeling okay somehow and No. I don't need anything in particular." she then paused for a few seconds then collected the courage to ask her manager what is up. While she was at it. She felt a ton of nervousness creeping up her body. The tone on Eunbi's panicked and uncertain voice gave her a hint of what might have happened. Eunbi didn't want to tell Sakura what is happening but.
"Unnie. Does this involve him?" Eunbi sighed on the other line of the phone and answered in a disappointed and annoyed manner. "Yes, I can't hide this from you anyways. So I think you should open that TV of yours and see for yourself." Sakura then became shaky. She has the idea but she's wishing it was not true or she's just making some almost K-drama plot on her mind.
She then reached for the remote that was on top of the magazine that was lying on the center table. She pushed the power button on and to her surprise her ex. Her douche bag ex, was all over the news. As Sakura started listening to the news that has been around since early morning and, that she just found out now. The pain she felt before, the bitterness and the longing is now suddenly exchanged to rage and displease. Her ex was announcing a wedding. Yes a GOD DAMN wedding. 
Yuri on the other side of the couch looks at her senior in disbelief, anger and worry. She thought Sakura might again burst into tears. She was already preparing for a comforting line to give to the girl once she started crying, but to her surprise, not one sob is heard. She turned her head towards her senior. 
Sakura looks like she's about to sharpen a knife hidden under the couch's soft cushions, and behead someone, by someone she meant, her ex. Yuri took a big gulp as fear crept into her bones. The intense gaze of Sakura towards the television is making her cower in fear. 
Sakura took the remote and turned off the T.V., she gritted her teeth together. 
"THAT ING BASTARD!"
Sakura shouted making yuri jump from her seat. Sakura then turned to face Yuri with those vicious eyes. It was as if the lonely kitten earlier just turned into a ferocious Lioness. Yuri almost lost her composure under her senior's intense looks. 
"U-unnie...please calm down." Yuri then raised both her hand, chest level while slowly rocking them up and down. She gestures for her senior to calm down, and that she's not the enemy here.
Sakura saw the fear in Yuri's eyes. She then sighed and again fixed her composure. She then turned her head towards the now turned off television.
"That bastard! If he wants this real bad then, GO! I don't need him. He's just dirt whom fed off from my hard earned money so he can get that damn position of his. He is just ing scum!"
Sakura then looked back at Yuri.
"Hey, Hamster. Call ducky and the others. We are heading out tonight."
Yuri looks puzzled. She thought this was a bad idea. Her senior being all vulnerable and in pain is already a bad idea but now, SHE'S DAMN ANGRY! Yuri's head is screaming Red Alert! CODE RED! CODE RED! But she can't do anything, her senior is just so scary at the moment. 
Yuri fished her phone from the right pocket of her pants and opened her contacts. Ofcourse ducky is at the top of it (She's just whipped. Pffft). She immediately called Yena, and ofcourse ducky immediately picked it up, she doesn't want to keep her princess waiting after all. Yuri asked Yena is she has any plans for the evening. Yena then look through her schedules and found out she has a dinner meeting with a shareholder of her dad's company. Yena felt so sorry, while Yuri, on the other hand felt so much relief. This is the first time Yuri felt relieved with the busy schedule of Yena. 
After the call ended, Yuri immediately notify her senior that was still staring at the black screen of her televiosion.
"Unnie, ducky said she has a prior schedule. So"
"She can't come." Sakura interupted Yuri, startling the poor hamster. The tone of Sakura's voice was so cold it felt like she's on the furthest northern region of the planet. Yuri gulped in fear, her knees started trembling under the stare of her senior's cold eyes. After a good few minutes of stare off, Yuri's phone rang breaking the cold ice between her and Sakura.
"DAD!?, It's rare for you to call this early. Is there anything you need?"
Yuri mused on her phone in relief. 
"Princess, Well you see. I need you to attend a meeting for me."


"A meeting? For what?"


"It's for the..."


Before Yuri's dad can continue what he was saying he has been cutted off by her daughter.
"If this is about another marriage proposal then Im declining it."
Her dad laughs at what the young girl was saying. 


"I know you'll decline another proposal, after all.."


"What?"


"You already have your little ducky with you"


Her dad suddenly mused in a teasing manner. Yuri on the other hand started blushing furiously. She started to say things to her dad. 
Sakura took notice of this and she can't help but to smile. At the very least her day suddenly brigthens a little bit because of the father and daughter duo bickering on the phone. She suddenly remembers her family that she left in Japan. After talking to her dad, Yuri looked at Sakura in an apologetic manner. She doesn't want to leave her senior at this kind of time but her duty as the successor of her dad is calling. Before she could utter a word. Sakura took Yuri's hand and place them on her lap. She started drawing circles on the back of the hands of the younger using her thumbs. She then look at Yuri and smiled.
"Yul, Im fine. You don't have to worry about me. Im not gonna do anything stupid. So, just go. I'll just ask Hyewon or Yujin to accompany me today." 
Yuri still got that unconvinced look in her. She fetch her phone again and started dialing her dad's number. She was thinking of cancelling a very important meeting when suddenly, Sakura placed her right hand in front of yuri's phone screen making the younger look at her. Sakura was smiling. She then shook her head and pushed the hand of the younger down while still holding her phone.
"Yul, this has been your dream right, not just you but your dad's too. To have an exclusive contract with the largest construction firm here in Korea and Japan. I don't want to rob you off of your dreams. Im fine, I promise Im perfectly fine. No need to worry about me Yul. So please go and follow that dream of yours for you and your dad."
The sincerity in Sakura's eyes can be seen as she slowly lifts up her arms and putted her hand on the younger's shoulder. She heaves a small breath of air and look directly into Yuri's eyes. 
"YOU CAN DO IT YUL! FIGHTING!"
She then exhaled and gave Yuri a big smile. Yuri was left dumb founded yet a little relieved. She took her senior's hands and hold them together.
"Okay unnie, I trust you. Just call me when you need help or anything okay! Im just one call away."
Yuri then stood up and slowly walked her way to the unit's door. She grabbed the knob, but before she could turn it to the right, she then again faced Sakura for the last time and gave her senior a smile and a slight bow.
Sakura just waves at yuri as she eyes the retreating figure infront of her.


-----------//----------//-----------


"So why did you call me out? It's not like I don't want to be with you. Please do not misunderstand." Hyewon uttered as she slowly sips the hot tea infront of her.
Sakura called their resident cake devourer to accompany her to a cafe. Hyewon at first didn't want too because she was so busy playing Shonen Jump Force on her PS4 that she didn't have any ounce of sleep.

"Well, I promised Yuri to ask any of you two to accompany me. My first choice was our big pup but she has club practice so I can't drag her with me." Hyewon just looked at the girl with a sloppy look
"And because of that you just dragged me instead." She then continued to sip on her tea and exhaled hot air after.
Hyewon then looks at her wrist watch and started counting.
"What the hell are you counting?"
Sakura looks puzzled at the weird antics of her very close friend.
"Well to tell you the truth I have an appoinment with someone, and.." Before hyewon could even finish her sentences, an angry voice shouted from the cafe's front door. Everyone including the staff of the cafe stared at the young lady at the front door.
"Kang Hyewon!"
The lady suddenly started brisk walking towards Sakura and Hyewon's seat. The lady then stood at the side of Hyewon while looking at the sitting girl downwards.
"Yah!" She then again raised her voice at the girl. Hyewon sighed and looked at Sakura apologetically then started to face the woman on her side.
"Hi babe~" Hyewon suddenly mused in a flirty yet sweet manner. The girl almost fell for the sudden sweet voice of the latter but then she saw in her peripheral vision. A girl. The woman then swung her head towards Sakura who is eating her red velvet cake while staring at them amused. The newly arrived woman saw the amused look on Sakura's face making her a bit irritated.
"You! Did you know that this person here belongs to me!" 
The woman burst in an almost shouting manner. 

Sakura then placed the fork she was using to eat the cake on the edge of her mini plate then wipe to get rid of any unwanted crumbs on her face, she then averted her gaze towards the woman standing at the side of her friend and gave her a glare before speaking.

"Miss, I do not know you and I do not give a damn about what your relationship is with that glutton. The only thing I cannot fathom is you interrupting my precious eating time with my favorite cake! No one! And I mean NO ONE interrupts me when Im eating my red velvet cake! "
Sakura burst at the woman who is now somehow started to feel ashamed with all the people staring because of Sakura. Hyewon on the other hand face palmed and started laughing at her senior. Sakura then looked at Hyewon who is now at the edge of her seat trying to stop her laughter.
"Okay! Unnie, stop that already! Don't scare her because of the freaking cake."
Hyewon then composed herself and now face the woman beside her seat.
"Gowon."
"Do not Gowon me! You lying player."
Sakura almost choked on her cake when she heard what the woman said to Hyewon. She then took a gulp on the water beside her and started muffling her laughs. Hyewon took notice of this and glared at Sakura.
"Babe, don't be like this. Im sorry okay. This is just important that's why I had to cancel our date."


"IMPORTANT!, SO BEING WITH A GIRL IN A CAFE WHILE BEING ALL LOVEY DOVEY WITH HER IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ME! YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"


Sakura was surprised. Girlfriend!? She did not thought Hyewon would actually get her self a girlfriend! She only does no strings attached flings and nothing more. Hyewon then saw the look on Sakura's face. Sakura just gave Hyewon an apologetic look. Hyewon just smiled at her with an assurance that it's not something to be sorry about.


"Okay! Hold that up"


Hyewon then finally spoke in a serious tone.


"First, Im sorry for cancelling it today., this was just really urgent. I can't say no to a friend whom I've known for years. Second, please do not make up things like lovey dovey. We are so far away from that and lastly. When was I your Girlfriend?"


The woman gasped at Hyewon's statement. Words can't describe how upset and angry she was towards the girl infront of her. 


"So, you just switched me with this !?"


The woman then pointed at Sakura who is now sipping her tea.


"I did not switched you for anyone or anything. It's your problem for assuming that what we had was more than just a fling."


Hyewon then drop the bomb on the girl who is now in tears.


"How could you! I gave you everything and you did this to me!"


Sakura then turned to Hyewon with an angry look as Gowon started to cry. 
It was starting to bother the other customer in the cafe so the manager had to step in, in the commotion. Gowon was assisted out of the vicinity and into a cab while the other two where kicked out of the cafe.

 

-------//----------//-------------//------

 

The two are now in a nearby park where Sakura is sitting on a bench while hyewon is standing up beside the bench kicking pebbles that are scattered on the ground. 

"You sure do know, how to make a freaking scene."
Sakura mused. Hyewon just giggled at her statement. Nothing's new about the scene earlier. To tell the truth what happened earlier was actually bearable than the ones before. Sakura shook hrr head at the sight of the giggling girl. Her glutton friemd always scream trouble. She just sighed then stood up from her seat.


"Hey, wanna go to an arcade?"


Sakura gleefully asked Hyewon, who just answered the question with a nod while looking at her watch. 
"Kangchan, What's with the watch?"
Hyewon looked at Sakura. She was trying to make an excuse. But she's not a good liar at all. Soon Sakura found out that Hyewon needed to go, it was for a business appointment. Sakura felt guilty for dragging Hyewon, but Hyewon assured her that it was fine and she also wanted to help a friend out.

"You guys really are the best. I hope you get that sign!"
Sakura smiled at Hyewon as the two bid their goodbyes and good luck.
Sakura was left alone again. But this time she's not crying. She thought that maybe she got over that douche bag ex of hers. 
"I think I should go to the arcade than think about that stupid !"
Sakura voiced out to herself as she slowly left the park and trailed the path going to a nearby arcade. While walking a speedy car drove pass her. Even with the speed of the car. She can tell she saw someone familiar on the passenger's seat. 
"Isn't that..."
Sakura then shrugged it off, after she realize that it's not her business to meddle in other people's life. So she continued walking until she reach the arcade's front door.
"OKAAAAY! IM GONNA TRASH THE YOUNGSTERS TODAY!"
Sakura then menacingly said as she continues to walk towards the arcade.
It was 10pm when Sakura manage to get herself out of the arcade. She got so occupied with playing that she forgot that her phone was already drained, as she realization hits her she became wide eyed. 
"Shoooot! Eunbi unnie will kill me!"
She immediately charged her drained phone and as expected she has more than a hundred mails and twenty missed calls. She clicked her tongue as she satrted to get pissed at herself. She one by one opened her mails. Luckily none of them are important, until she she encountered a link Eunbi has sent her.
She got curious. She opened it. At the front page of an article lies a familiar face. An angelic and soft figure with eyes as sharp as a knife. She was wondering. Where have she seen that person. The figure and the stare are obly familiar. She was trying her best to remeber when suddenly her phone rang, making her startled and let her phone drop on the floor. She grimace at the sight of her phone lying helpless on the floor screen facing downwards. She took her ringing phone up and flip it to see the caller ID. It was Eunbi. She hurriedly slide the answer key and greeted Eunbi enthusiastically. 
"YAAAH! I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU THE WHOLE DAY!"
Eunbi almost shouted at Sakura making the girl remove the phone from her ear. 


"Hey! Tone it down unnie. You'll make me deaf ya'know"


"Sorry. It's just that you've been unreachable since earlier this morning."


"Oooh, got my phome drained, I didn't brought a power bank so yeah."


Eunbi then sighed at the girl. Sakura is giving her a headache but she'll let it pass, after all she got some good news. Eunbi then grin at the other end of the line and bursted the good news to Sakura.
"Hey, Miss broken hearted. We have an audition to attend tomorrow at 9. Do not be late."


"Wait? You found a job for me? How?"


"Well, I have my ways missy. So sleep now I don't want us to be late tomorrow! This is a big company we are talking about and striking a CF for this will be one hell of a good publicity."


"Huh? What company?"


"I sent you the link. Didn't you read it?, anyhow read it and sleep. Im gonna do something. Bye."
As Eunbi dropped the call, Sakura immediately scanned her phone again. She clicked on the link and saw the article again. The familiar woman. 
After a few seconds of thinking she remembered something. She hurriedly scramble all over the place like a madwoman. She opened every mini drawer she has like her life depends on the thing she was looking for.


"AAAAAH! IT'S HERE!"


She raised up a card as if it was a winning lottery ticket. She then again look at it and read the details. 


"Lee Enterprise..."

 

================================

Sorry for taking so long to update. My work is literally killing me. The update should have been longer but when I switched phones and transferred all my files I was surprise that some of the update I wrote were gone, and since I have a limited time I somehow summarized the whole chapter. Anyhow~

 

Thank you for waiting and Im sorry.