About You

Prologue

“For a fake wedding, you’re seriously going all out.”

 

This Sunday, after the joint family's dinner, Seulgi and Jisoo visit a private boutique around Itaewon for a wedding dress fitting.

 

“Shh…” Jisoo hisses in rage. “No one else needs to know, Sseul.”

 

The private boutique is owned by Korea’s most famous wedding designer, the legendary, Im Chang Sun. It’s been a secret promise between Jisoo and her mother to have Jisoo’s wedding dress designed by the famous designer. And Jisoo had always wanted to use the beautiful thule she had in her office from an old friend in Paris and some vintage laces from Italy she encountered years ago. But it was all before this charade happens.

 

Jisoo couldn’t back out from the wedding dress’s talk last Tuesday with her parents in front of Jinyoung. After settling down with the contract, Jisoo had in mind to buy a ready to wear a wedding dress at an also-famous-boutique in Seoul. It’s not that cheap, but not too expensive either. However, her mom ruined it immediately when the topic arose. Apparently, she has called THE Im Chang Sun earlier that day and she has made sure Jisoo can have her body measured this weekend.

 

The information baffled Jisoo completely and panicked her. Jisoo tried to get away by telling her mother that it is impossible to create a wedding dress in less than a month. Not even the great Im Chang Sun can finish it. But her mom insisted since Im Chang Sun is an old acquaintance of Jisoo’s parents back in college years. Her mom is sure she Chang Sun Imo can make some adjustments.

 

It's a battle of pride and Jisoo knew she can't win. It's not because of who design the wedding dress. It is the cost of it. The argument stood still for so long, so Jisoo had to come up with a better, cheaper idea that will make the both of them happy. By the end of the night Jisoo agreed to go with a recycled dress from Im Chang Sun’s private boutique and make it like it’s brand new.

 

“The Kim’s family power,” Seulgi chuckles. “And he pays?”

 

As hard to accept it as it is, “yes, he’s paying this dress.”

 

The private boutique is limited for Im Chang Sun’s relatives and close friends. It’s the alternative solution for cheaper dresses and for people who need fast dresses, like Jisoo. Though it's considered cheaper, it still very well expensive for an average wedding dress. 

 

“Do you want to try this one?” Seulgi takes out a long dress in a blue color.

 

“Hmm..” Jisoo ponders. “Definitely not blue. And I don’t like strapless gown.”

 

There are hundreds of dresses in the boutique and the search lasted for about one hour. They circle the boutique to check every dress while drinking some mocktails in between. Jisoo and Seulgi agreed to try the Grace Kelly inspired dress that has vintage laces on top. It’s perfectly structured, sophisticated, and fit Jisoo’s personality. The other dress they agree to try is the white, off the shoulder dress, which also has beautiful lace on top. It’s an A-line dress that fits a small figure person like Jisoo.

 


 

The fitting ended around 1.30 pm and Jisoo is happy she still has some time before Jinyoung arrived. Or so she thought

 

Days before the fitting, Jisoo expected that the fitting will end around 1 pm and the food tasting can follow after. Jinyoung knows about this and expected to pick Jisoo up later. But Jisoo had a gut about how today would last a bit longer and she knew she needed to inform Jinyoung about it. So, she told Jinyoung right before noon to come after 2 pm so he won't wait for too long because she might take more time for the fitting. 

 

“You’re early,” it’s Jinyoung’s voice.

 

She is sure that Jinyoung has received her message hours ago. She even got a reply from him saying okay. But he's here even though it isn’t 2 pm yet.

 

“How could you be here?” Jisoo panicked.

 

He is not supposed to be here before 2 pm when clearly she has stated after 2 pm. He's almost 40 minutes early.

 

“Aren’t we going to the restaurant?” Jinyoung looks baffled.

 

The restaurant is Jinyoung’s term for the catering office that will give them samples of food this afternoon.

 

“I know, but didn’t I tell you to come after 2?”

 

“You don’t like it if I’m early?” Jinyoung questioned in a serious tone.

 

Jinyoung finds anger in Jisoo’s tone. Somehow, the young heiress feels like she’s being attacked by him and he feels like he needs to make the atmosphere better.

 

“I have nothing to do today, that’s why I’m early.”

 

Jisoo looks at Seulgi who is standing beside her, asking for help. It’s not that she doesn’t like it, she just isn’t equipped with Jinyoung’s early appearance.

 

“Hi, I’m Seulgi,” Seulgi steps into the awkwardness. “Nice to finally meeting you, Jinyoung-ssi.”

 

Her hand goes to the middle and Jinyoung gladly accepts it.

 

“Park Jinyoung imnida. It’s great to finally meet you, Seulgi-ssi.”

 

There’s nothing wrong with Jinyoung waiting for Jisoo in the lounge in Seulgi perspective. It’s actually cute and very gentleman-like. But, looking back at her history with men, she sure never received sincere gesture all this time. Kinda explain her behavior just now.

 

“I need to go now, tho,” Seulgi smiles. “I have my daughter waiting. See you again soon, Jinyoung-ssi.”

 

Seulgi looks back at Jisoo and squeezes her.

 

“And I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

The silhouette of Seulgi walking down to the gallery pinches Jisoo some realities. She now has to spend the rest of the day with Jinyoung and she needs to mend the weird atmosphere earlier.

 

“I will wait if you’re not ready to go yet,” Jinyoung flops back to the couch.

 

“Have you been here long?”

 

“20 minutes.”

 

“That long?”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

A soft, assuring answer each time.

 

Jisoo wants to tell Jinyoung that she feels bad if Jinyoung has to wait for her every time they have appointment. It just bothers her to see Jinyoung arrived way before the appointment time even though it looks like he doesn’t hate waiting. And that bothers her even more.

 

“I’m ready if you are.”

 

Jisoo speaks in a very light, softer tone. She can’t ruin today because she feels beaten.

 

 

The restaurant is a 30-minute drive from the boutique. It isn’t that far, but Sunday traffic around Itaewon is no joke. Jisoo had agreed to ride with Jinyoung because she can’t let Jinyoung’s mom finds out she traveled around the city for their wedding preparation alone when Jinyoung is actually available.

 

Jinyoung, on the other hand, finds Jisoo’s questions earlier concerning. Ever since the dinner on Tuesday, also last night with both parents, Jinyoung can tell that Jisoo is actually a very bright person. She smiles widely from time to time at both dinners and clearly isn’t shy when people show her affections. She is only reserved when she’s with him.

 

“I saw your lists a few days ago,” Jinyoung starts a conversation, hoping for a lighter mood. “Are you sure is everything?”

 

“Yes, I guess,” Jisoo tilts her head to the side. “I have put my mother’s preferences. And some food that can’t be in the menu. I believe it’s good enough.”

 

“But there’s no mango in the list,” Jinyoung states. “You eat mango now?”

 

What a question.

 

The long boulevard of east Seoul slowly disappears in front of Jisoo’s eyes. She needs to run.

 

She can smell Jinyoung’s perfume faintly inside his car, it’s a bit calmer than last night. If there is one thing Jisoo hates the most about this business project, is that she knows nothing about this guy who is driving beside her. His favorite food, his favorite brand of perfume, even his preferred shirt’s color, she knows nothing. Yet, this guy can tell when Jisoo isn’t feeling okay, when she needs blanket because of her stupid short skirt, and the memory from nine years ago.

 

The answer is yes.

 

“I do. I eat mango now.”

 


 

Wedding preparation is a fast 3-week-preparation. The wedding organizer had everything done by the first week and all the invitations are out already. Jisoo got all confirmation through chats and emails about wedding essentials and she no longer cares about the taste of the cake. When they asked her where should they send the sample to, she gave them her mom’s address where her mom happily accommodated it. The rehearsal dinner sets two days before the wedding in the afternoon and both families get through it very smoothly. It’s all good, at least the wedding is.

 

The families asked both bride and groom to take days off before the wedding, it feels wrong to see them back at their office even after the rehearsal. But Jisoo insisted that she is going to be okay and she just needs to finish a few documents this Friday. Which turns out to be a long Friday.

 

“You’re supposed to be home by now,” Seulgi visits Jisoo at her desk before heading back. Her best friend doesn’t look okay the entire week, today is the worst out of all those days.

 

“A little bit more. I still need to adjust the hem.”

 

Jisoo is in front of her desk, bending to sew some fabric with her plastered hands. She is not okay.

 

“That can be done on Monday, Soo,” Seulgi speaks up. “It’s your wedding tomorrow.”

 

“But I need to finish thi-“

 

“No!” Seulgi stops Jisoo hand. “You don’t need to finish this today.”

 

Seulgi gives Jisoo a glare she wishes she will never use. But she has to.

 

“Your fingers have cuts, you didn’t wash your hair, and you overworked yourself.

 

“There is something wrong and I want you to tell me about it.”

 

Seulgi’s tone is higher than usual. Her eyes are wide open and it doesn’t show warmth. Jisoo wakes a beast tonight.

 

“You can tell me, Soo. Please.”

 

Jisoo puts down her hand and walks slowly to her couch.

 

“I can’t stop thinking about this wedding. I can’t get it away.

 

“Everything went perfect. The invitations, the cupcakes, the flower bouquets, and the venue are amazing.

 

“But Jinyoung doesn’t make this easy, Sseul. He just ruins everything.”

 

Trembling, her voice.

 

“He had everything prepared even before I think about it. I feel like a fool every time he said he has managed things that I’ve forgotten. He kept telling me that everything is going great and I don’t need to worry. He took my mom for some wedding shopping last weekend.

 

“He always looks me in the eyes when he asks me.”

 

By now, Jisoo’s eyes are filled with tears, gleaming.

 

“And he remembers everything. My name, my address, that stupid mango sorbet.

 

Jisoo paused to see her best friend who is now also in tears beside her.

 

“Don't tell me, Soo,” Seulgi inhales, deep.

 

"Do you like him?"

 

Guess cupid did his job.

 

"I do."

 


It's another update from me and I feel so sorry that it takes longer than it supposed to.
It's a battle of choosing the right plot, but I decided to go this way.

I will make up for the past month for double updates. But not until tomorrow. So see you tomorrow guys.