Dancing Alone

Left Alone

Wendy had finally got Minjin into the car. Which she learned earlier was taking her to the first rehearsal practise before they performed live at the end of the week. 

 

Minjin was looking out the car window entrances by the huge skyscrapers it was like a jungle in her eyes only little pockets of sky through the gaps of the buildings. The  lights and the exciting advertisement were complete  new to Minjin. Where they lived there weren't tall buildings nor electronic adverts. So this was a new experience for Minjin.

 

For Wendy the city had changed since she was last here, a bit more futuristic  compared to before. She couldn't really focus on anything she was nervous she only really kept in contact with Joy and no by her choice, Irene. She only saw Yeri and Selgui when she first arrived at the hotel. They only said 'hello' it was too awkward. 

 

So when they arrived at the studio she let out a heavy sigh and got out the car. The staff went to get out Minjin but Wendy beat them to it. She just wanted to hold her herself. She held Minjin close as she followed the staff to the dance room. They didn't talk to her. She didn't expect them too, they were the first ostracise her when Irene outed her. She felt the pressure as they walked Akron's her. 

 

When they arrived at the dance room they opened the door for her. But as she walked in the door slammed behind her echoing around the room. The others were already in the room. 

 

"Min-Min" joy ran across the room her arms out as she took Miniin out of Wendy's arms.

Minjin giggled as Joy held her close.  

 

"Hello aunty Joy"

 

"Aunty ? Don't call me that it makes me sound old" Joy exclaimed, theatrically  shaking her head. 

 

"Hehe" minjin giggle but she stopped and shred away when she saw the others. 

 

"Hello Pretty Irene" 

 

"Pretty?" Joy asked looking at Irene who just watched the two. Her brow knitted together when Wendy approached next to Joy who still held Minjin.

 

The sight seemed to make Irene furious as she walked over to the computer. 

"Right so we have many dances to practise and since some off of us may not had danced in a while" the attention shifted to Wendy who moved Minjin over to the desk and took out a drawing book to distract her.

 

Joy glared at Irene but she continued. "so we will practise from the beginning"

 

"The beginning?" Yeri exclaimed. This was the first time Wendy heard Yeri speak. She didn't sound any different.

 

"Yes so let's start" 

Wendy nodded and took off her jacket to reveal her outfit, which consisted of a short tank top which showed off muscles. When she stretched her core. Joy squealed.

 

"Still got them abs Wendy" 

 

Wendy blushed slightly. She had kept working out when she left. More as a way of reliving stress than anything. She did dance a little but not as much as she used to. 

 

Irene also couldn't help but look at Wendy. Her eyes trailing all over her body. Her toned muscles made dry.  When she focused on her abs Irene couldn't stop herself her lips. Her eyes met Wendy's. Irene got flustered.

 

"L...let's start" Irene played their first song. Wendy began to dance and they all danced together like clockwork. 

 

'It's all still there'

 

—————————

 

Minjin was watching her mother dance. She finished her other drawing quickly and started a new one. This one she focused on her mothers dancing. 

 

Minjin heard the music slowly finished but she didn't hear someone approach her. Minjin looked up to see one of the other girls look down at her.

 

“Hello” the older girl spoke softly bending down on her knees to bed almost eye level with Minjin. “So I hear your names Minjin?”

 

Minjin only nodded as a response. 

 

“Well my name is Selgui, nice to meet you”

 

“N-nice to meet you too” minjin whispered 

 

“ what are you drawing ?”

 

“Mommy”

 

“Mommy ? And what is she doing?”

 

Minjin held up the drawing to show the older girl.

 

“She’s dancing with you and the others. Aunty Joys there too.”

 

“Why are there animals?”

 

“That’s you and other girl?”

 

Selgui looked closer at the drawing she noticed that minjin drew her and Yeri as animals, probably because she didn’t know what they looked like. Yeri was drawn as a turtle. This was because during their practise Yeri was always moving to slow. Then Selgui noticed her animal. 

 

“A bear?” She asked looking a minjin

 

“Hm”

 

Selgui looked at the bear, it was massive like this big bears that just sit there.

 

“Why?”

 

“ well because when you are dancing I noticed you kept getting in peoples way and you seemed to be like a bear to me.”

 

They were interrupted by giggles behind them.

 

“You’ve got her spot on Min-Min”

Joy said walking up from behind them.

Selgui glared at Joy who just smiled at her.

 

“Who’s that?” Joy asked as she looked closely at the drawing. There was a figure with long black hair who’s eyes were hearts and the figure was watching Wendy, whilst the others in the drawing were doing there own thing.

 

“That’s the pretty woman”Minjin answered

 

“Irene?” Joy asked

 

“ yeah”

 

“But why is are her eyes hearts?” Selgui asked.

 

“Because she was always looking at Mommy through the mirror when she was dancing. So she must love her dancing”

 

Selgui and Joy shared a look. They both turned to look at Irene who was on the computer looking over the songs and choreography. They noticed her gaze shift over to look at Wendy through the reflection of the mirrored walls. Wendy was just sitting on the floor slightly out of breath, drink a cold water. They noticed Irene only look at her for second but her expression was completely different from before. It was more like longing or wanting but her expression was turned to frustration and focus when she turned back to the computer.

 

Joy looked at Minjin who continued doodling on the page. Then she looked a Selgui who looked at her with a little concern. 

 

“Right lets start again” Irene shouted making the girls jump.

 

“See you in bit Minjin” Joy said getting up helping Selgui up as well.

 

“Bye minjin.”

 

Minjin waved the girls good bye. She watched the girls huddle in group. Her mother looked In her direction and she gave her a goofy expression making Minjin laugh. Irene noticed this as she looked harshly at Minjin then at Wendy. Minjin looked down at her drawing quickly. Wendy noticed her get a little frightened and she glared at Irene’s back  as the girls got in position. 

 

 

——-

 

They had finally finished for the day. Wendy was exhausted m, they had covered most of the choreography. But still she didn’t remember it being this hard. She looked over at her daughter who was now just sitting if the sofa watching girls a little juice box in her hand. She walked over to her and slumped onto the side next to her.

 

“We’ve finished now little one”

 

“Really?”

 

“Hmm can’t do too much in one day. May end up hurting something.”

 

Wendy leaned back into the soft cushions on the sofa as she looked down at Minjin.

 

“ have you been alright? Not to boring?”

 

“No I had fun, it is nice to watch you dance. Oh I drew it.” Minjin went into her backpack and got out the drawing. Wendy laughed at Selgui being a giant bear. But it died down when she saw what appears to be Irene staring at her with hearts in her eyes. She didn’t bring it up.

 

“V-very nice sweetie”

 

Minjin smiled widely. But yawned 

 

“Come on we better head back” Wendy locked up Minjin in her arms and put her backpack over her shoulder.

 

“We are going back”

 

“Okay ooh before I forget we are having dinner later care to join us?” Joy asked the others standing behind her.

 

Wendy looked at the Selgui was giving her a small smile whilst Yeri attempted to but couldn’t. Irene was looking hopeful at her. 

 

“O-ok” 

 

“Excellent I be at your room by 8”

 

“Ok see ya”

 

With that Wendy hurried out the dance room and got in the car back to the hotel. Once she got there she and Minjin decided to a little nap in bed.