Making Me Alone

Left Alone

Wendy woke up her eyes dry, she felt empty but her head was heavy. She couldn't move away from her pillows that seemed so soft she snuggled close into the pillow. It was still damp from last night when she cried herself to sleep. She felt dull and empty her head swirled with her confused emotions. She tried not to relive the events of last night. But lingering tingle on her lips burned into her mind. She touched her lips not even realising a single tear fell from her cheek.

 

'Why ? Why did she have to be one who had this effect on me.' Wendy thought to herself. She rendered when she tried dating but every girl she attempted to gave a relationship with was nothing compared to what she had with Irene. When she kissed another girl the kiss felt wrong. There was no spark or enticing feeling. But last night was like kiss she dreamed of having, It pained her that Irene was the only one who had this power over her. 

 

Wendy looked over at the other bed to see Minjin was still asleep her hair was still in the bun Irene had done for her last night. She wiped her eyes again. She shouldn't cry in front of her, she'd ask questions and she didn't have the stomach to tell her. She wasn't old enough yet.

 

Wendy got out of bed and went to sink and made a glass of water. As she drank the water she heard a knock at the door. 

 

'Not again' Wendy thought as she walked to the door. She opened it nervously thinking it was Irene but to her surprise it was a concerned Joy. 

 

"oh hello"

 

In front of her stood a female assistant, she recognised her as apart of the staff. "H-hello Miss Wendy, I'm here to look after Minjin whilst you away today"

 

Wendy was unsure her expression showed this as the assistant continued " oh please don't worry I was babysitter when I was young, and I'm a friend of Joy." This did put ease in Wendys mind. 

 

"Ok, she's a sleep right now, i should probably wake her" 

 

"Oh no please don't worry I'll explain once she ups, and ooh you need to leave." The girl said looking at he react "You have a dance rehearsal at the concert arena, the drivers waiting down stair,..." 

 

Wendy didn't have time to think she quickly grabbed her bag and phone and was out the door. "Oh I don't know your name."

 

"its Mina, miss Wendy, oh and before I forget ill will be your personal assistant whilst you are here."

 

"ok...thanks" Wendy said going the young girl a smile before running to elevator. 

 

 

 

 

-------

 

Wendy knew she was late, the traffic was crazy, once she arrived in the waiting room in the arena, she was met with the others already putting on make up. She stood there the tense atmosphere was felt by all of them. Wendy put her head down and put her bag down and sat in the make up chair. She fixing her hair when she saw in her reflection that Irene was staring at her back.

 

Their eyes met, Wendy's widen and her expression was slightly shocked, Irene jumped and turned away. Wendy already felt the tears coming back, but she held them back. She didn't notice the other members as she went to the wardrobe and got dressed. Her outfit consisted of a Red and black checkered shirt underneath was a black tank top, also she wore black shorts with red converse. It was comfortable for a rehearsal.

 

Once she was ready she left the others in the waiting room. She couldn’t speak with Joy, she was too busy on the phone or taking to the others. Wendy felt alone as she walked the hallways of the arena. It was quiet, she could imagine Minjin being amazed the long corridor. She would suggest a race. Wendy smiled at the thought. She already missed her and it’s only been two hours.

 

Wendy made her way to the stage and stood alone in the middle. It was empty the staff of the arena weren’t here yet. The emotion on being on stage again made her stomach tingle. The sensation made fray and chest ache. The last time she was on stage was when Irene outed her. She tried not think about it but she couldn’t help her mind smoked over as the memory of that night flooded back.

 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/TEN YEAR AGO-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

 

Wendy was excited today Red Velvet was accepting an award today. It wasn’t the first time but it still made her feel all giddy inside. Beside she always felt proud of herself and her members in the nights they won. She was currently sat on her phone alone in the waiting room. 

 

She looked up when she heard the door open. She looked up to see the beautiful Irene enter the room. Wendy gave a huge smile whilst Irene gave her a small smile. She acted shy as she sat next Wendy. She could tell something was wrong once Irene leaned her head on her shoulder. 

 

“What’s the matter?” Wendy asked rubbing the side of head into Irene.

 

“N-nothing” Irene replied in a whisper.

 

Wendy knew she was lying but she tried not to push it. 

 

 

“C-can we just stay like this...I like this” Irene muttered as she leaned closer into Wendy. 

 

“Ok” Wendy said blushing slightly she always felt bashful when Irene was clingy.

 

They stayed like this for while. Wendy moves her head a kissed Irene’s head making the girl go still almost as if she was frozen. 

 

But before Wendy could question Irene, the other members entered. Irene Sicily got up from the sofa and went to the complete opposite side of the room to Wendy. 

 

Wendy was confused, she tried not focus on it by taking with Joy who was just offered a main role in a drama.

 

Fast forward, Wendy was on stage red velvet had just got given the award, the girls were celebrating together. Wendy loved to hug Irene but she shoved her away. Wendy stumbles back a bit shocked. 

 

“Get off” Irene shouted as she pushed Wendy away. 

 

“Irene?” Wendy asked the other members stopped as the audience went silent 

 

“What’s up Irene ?” Selgui asked. 

 

“S...she..” Irene looked at Wendy her eyes looked as if her shade changed from before. “She trying to force me again”

 

“WHAT?” Everyone said. Wendy the loudest she was losing her mind, it didn’t help that the cameras were focused on her and Irene. 

 

“S.....she’s been making be with her she forced her body onto me the freak” she shouted the last part with pain in her voice as she broke down in tears. Selgui and Yeri going to her side. 

 

Wendy stood alone. Joy stood in the middle between the others and Wendy. 

 

“She’s a lesbian freak” Irene shouted through her tears. 

 

The crowd and cameras focused on Wendy, who stood there frozen the tears filling her eyes. 

 

“ see the freak doesn’t even have an excuse” 

 

The word freak echoed throughout Wendy’s mind as everything tinkled around her. The confused angry look from the others, and Joy who looked between the two. The crowds booing shouting and curses at her brought her back to reality. 

 

The only thing Wendy knew what to do was run. She ran off the stage and out of the award ceremony. She ran as fast as she could back to their dorm her make up a mess because of the tears steaming out her eyes. 

 

Once she got into the dorm, she was alone she broke down fully. Her heart poured over and broke in two . She screamed into her hand which was muffled. She felt sick. She didn’t know what to do. She quickly went to her room. She couldn’t stay here. She packed her bags fast.

 

She stopped when she saw a picture of here and Irene she looked at it. She couldn’t explain why? What made Irene do this ?

 

She looked at her smile furiously as she tore the picture apart screaming keying our all her rage.

 

She stopped as the picked of paper laid on top the bed. She stood there emotionless and she lifted her bag. She walked to the door but before she could open it Joy entered.

 

“Wendy?”

 

“Move”

 

“Where are you going ?”

 

“Away”

 

“P..please don’t”

 

“ I can’t be here  not with her I’m leaving.”

 

Wendy was about to leave when joy pour something in her hand.

 

“G..go here my Nan owned it” Joy said tears in her eyes. Wendy would’ve cried to but she couldn’t feel anything. Joy hugged her finally let her tears and Wendy stood there feeling nothing. 

 

Wendy got in a taxi and went to the airport. She wore her hoodie and sunglasses to hide her identity and her tears. Once she was in the air she looked down at the city. She knew she’s never what to see her again. But her heart still kept the memory of her smile.

 

-/-/-/-/-/ PRESENT-/-/-/-/-

 

Wendy opened her eyes her chest aching as she brought herself back to the present. She just walks to the end and sat down.

 

She wiped her eyes feeling the tears coming. But she looked up and over her shoulder to see the stage door open. The last person she wanted to see entered. 

 

Wendy shook her head and kept looking towards. She heard Irene’s foot steps approach nearer and nearer. 

 

Irene sighed and ally sat next to her.

 

“Hey” she whispered. 

 

Wendy didn’t reply. 

 

“I i I’m sorry about last night... it’s just I don’t  know” 

 

Wendy scoffed “there’s something I want to know”

 

“W-What?”

 

“Why did you do it, that night?”

 

Wendy stares at Irene who looked at her scared  

 

“I—I don’t know”

 

Wendy couldn’t help but laugh she got up to leave. 

 

“N..no please listen” Irene grabbed Wendy’s hand. The spark returned making her freeze. “ I want to say I’m sorry” 

 

“Sorry you think you get to be sorry”

 

Wendy snapped making Irene look down at her feet.  

 

“It just ever since I saw you...I don’t know”

 

“ I can’t believe you, I loved you and that night you destroyed it. Every night after that night I cried myself to sleep my fracks where of you and goddamn it your face still plagues my dreams.... and your sorry”

 

“ you where in my dreams too I also cried that light till the pain mad me collapse into sleep, I couldn’t talk to anyone. All I could think about was you.....I -I was scared. Scared of being with You”

 

“Why?”

 

Irene didn’t answer. 

 

Wendy scoffed again and she pulled away from Irene’s hand her heart was missing her hanf and sensation of her  touch. Her brain tried to fight this feeling. She walked a few steps before she felt Irene turn her around. Boy of them wee in tears.

 

“P-p-pleas just listen. I love you. I can’t live myself without you....I just missed you”

 

Wendy hearts skipped as sgevger say she loved her but her brain still had control. 

 

“Prove it” she aid in a monotone whispers. 

 

“I will please just let me” 

 

Wendy didn’t know what to say Irene moved closer. Their lips inches away from each other. Wendy tried to fight the urge to move and capture her lips. Irene looked like she wanting to move. But held back. 

 

Wendy tried to fight her heart but she let her eyes close.Their lips moved closer and closer their lips almost touching before.

 

 

“MOMMY”

 

Wendy eyes opened her eyes wide and turned to see Minjin running down the aisle in the audience. 

 

Wendy left a frozen Irene and got off stage to grab hold Minjin and hold her high as she hugged her. 

 

“God I missed you”

 

“Hehe” minjin giggled as Wendy held her close.

 

“Hello Miss Wendy” Mina greeted as she walked closer to Wendy. 

 

“Minjin wanted to watch you dance”

 

“Did you?”

 

“Yeah I liked watching last time”. 

 

“ well ok you can sit there and watch we’ll probably start in bit” 

 

Minjin nodded but looked over Wendy shoulder. “Hello Miss Irene” minjin shouted taking Irene out of daydreaming. She looked towards them. Wendy avoided her gaze and minjin waved at her. Irene gave a small wave back.

 

Wendy noticed everyone coming into the arena. 

 

“Okay we are about to star sit here and don’t runoff. Love you” Wendy sat Minjin in a seat and ran back into the stage to join the others. Avoiding Irene’s gaze.