Left Alone

Left Alone

Wendy woke up, the sound of her alarm still ringing in her ears, she slammed it quiet and rubbed her eyes. She opened her eyes to see the sun poruing in through her slighlty closed blinds. She saw how the light illuminated the pictures hung on the wall opposite her bedroom. The pictures of ten years ago, of her familt and frineds, She smiled as she saw her younger self smiling along with her other members all laughing, her smile turned sourer when she saw the person who ruined everything staring at her smiling at, almost as if she mocking her. 

Wendy sighed in frustration and got out of bed, she got dressed in her work uniform, which consisted of normal t-shirt in some old jeans, with an apron which was covered in messy paint and clay. After she left her old life Wendy descided to use her money to open up a little coffeeshop. As Wendy fixed her hair looking at herself in the mirror she saw her older mature face, she didnt look that different from befroe. However her shorter hair which was now tied up, and a light brown colour, seemed too hide her from many, Obviously there were some hwo recognised her, but they never told anyone about her location. 

The only one who knew where wendy was apart from her family, was Joy. She was the only one who supprted wendy in the aftermath of Red Velvets split. The others didnt, but Joy helped Wendy when they didnt. Joy kept in contact with her but they didnt talk as much as they did. Wendy assumed this was becuase of Joy's acting career. Wendy did like to look up her members to see how they are. Seulgi, was modeling and was doing well. Yeri was also doing well, modeling acting and was mostly now famous for being an MC. However the last thing Wendy knew about Irene was on a magazine cover in her local convinace store. She saw her emtionaless face on the front cover, it made her drop her basket of products making everyone around her look at her oddly. 

Wendy finally finshed her make up smiling at her reflection, she alomsot forgot, she reached over to her bedside table and got her glasses and put them on. One of the last thing she kept from before, her big round glasses. Which she needed but it was alos helpful at disgising herself. Which she joked made her like Superman. She put her make up away, but froze when she saw her bedroom door open slightly. She smirked at the reflection. She quickly got up silently and snuck behind the door before it opened. When the door fully opened she waited for the intruder to enter before she grabbed them in her arms. The small figure squirmed and attmept to break free of her hold but failed as Wendy moved them to her bed.

"So you try to sneak in hmm?" Wendy asked tickling the small figure. who laughed insteaded of answered. 

"i...i.....i just ....haha"

"what was that little one?" Wendy asked stoping her tickling attack.

"I just wanted see if you were awake yet mommy" The little girl asked her brown her messy. 

"and what then ?" Wendy asked standing next to her bed

"well........i just needed your help" The girl asked looking away guitly.

"hmmmm..... think i know what you mean" Wendy said smiled standing up and leaving the room. Her smile grew when she heared the little steps behind her. 

Wendy entered the kitchen and got a jar of cookies of the top of the cupboard. Wendy smikred when she saw the girls eyes lighting up.

"is this what you want Minjin?" Wendy asked smirking shaking the jar. 

"Please..." Minjin asked potuing giving her these adorable eyes. Wendy couldnt resist them, 

"urgh..." Wendy groaned and undid the jar offering the girl one cookie. "Just one," she said sternly shaking her messy hair. "Now go get reasy for school." Wendy said moving her to the childs room. 

"gmh ..ok" The mumbled still eating the cookie

"and dont talk with your mouth full." Wendy said walking away from the room. She entered the kitchen again and prepared her daughters lunch. Minjin wasnt hers by blood. She adaobtive the 5 year old, five years ago, Joy had suggested it. It was one of the greatest thing she has done, the little girl gave her new purpose in live, and a reason to love again. 

Wendy finished preparing her and Minjin lunch when she heared her enter the kitchen again. 

"are you ready,,....no Minjin not again again. Wendy turned around to see that the little girl had not put her uniform on correctly. She guided Minjin to the living room and fixed her clothes, and brushed her hair. She smiled as she held her little girl in her arms brushing her hair softly, humming a little tune, 

"What that tune mommy?" Minjin asked curiously as she sat on Wendy's lap.

"oh nothing just something from my past." Wendy said smiling, she was humming a tune from one her past songs. She nevered told Minjin about Red Velvet. she didnt need to know. Besides she didnt want her to know for Minjin sake. She does see Joy near christmas and her birthday, but she just see's her like an aunt. Wendy finished brushing her daughters her. "Got your shoes yet?"

"No"

"well come on, today we said you do them youself?" Wedny said making Minjin get her shoes. 

She eventually had to help herwhen she couldnt tie the laces. 

"there done." Wendy said as a car honk startled the two. 

"Right thats you pick up." Wedny help Hannah up and the two walked out the house, whcih was also Wendys shop.

"Hello Wendy and little Minjin." Miss Choi said as she rolled down her car window

"Thanks again miss choi.. ..oh hello little momo" Wendy greeted miss choi girl who was Minjin best friend. The little girl shyly waved from her seat.

"Right good by little one" Wnedy bid goodbye to Minjo kissing her head and she closed the car door. "Thank you gain Miss Choi"

"No problem ill drop her back at 3;00?"

"of cousre ill be here all day" Wendy siad bowing slightly and waving them ggod by as they drove off to school.

Wendy smiled and finally began to prepare the stock in the coffeeshop. She prepared the food and ingridents and she finally opened the doors at 9 o'clock, and the local returners began to appear.

"good morning"

---------------------------------------------------

Wendy looked up at the clock and saw it is nearly two o'clock. she closed the shop two. She began to clearaway the empty cups and glasses. it was only her today. She found it eaiser to be alone when working. She heared her watch alarm go off signalling closing time. She went ove tht edoor and flipped the isgn to say the cafe was closed. She retunred to the till and began to check the amount of money made today. She ddint need ot worry much about since she still had money left over form when was apart of Red Velvet.

She heared the bell of the cafe door open. she sighed, there awlasy soem who try to get in when the cafe closes. "we are clsoed sorry b....b....but"

Wendy turned around to see some she wished she would never see again, the one who ruined everything, the one who broke her heart. "irene..?" Wendy said so softly it almost a whispear. 

"h....hi Wendy" Irene said smiling shyly at her. Which angered wendy.

"What do you want?" Wendy asked monotone her face emotinaless.

"well...i...ijust wanted to see you" 

Wendy scoffed "you dont get to see me and after ten years, whats the real reason?"

"No...no...no...i just i dont know i just needed to see you" Irene looked away from wendy. She noticed how Irene hadnt really changed that much over ten years, she looked at her mature features. But stopped.

"wait how did you know i was here?" Wendy asked angrliy staring at irene.

"j..joy told me.....we were all at an anniversary thing and got a bit drunk....she told me where you were"

Wendy cursed Joy in her head. She mumbled angrily as she walked over to the coffee machice turning it off. 

"So what you found me now what?" Wendy asked turing to face irene who hadnt moved form her spot.

"look i just want t..to talk to you...about you know" irene said a little impatiantly 

"oh yeah i know,...do you want to blame me again? do you want out me on tv again and imply that i forced you into a relationship, when it was you who wanted to date. Do you want to talk about how everyone blamed me for Red velets break up, or do you want to talk about how you ruined my life and broke my heart." Wendy vented her anger poruing into every word as she marched closer to Irene who shrinked into herself. 

"Im...im..sorry but you know why i...i..." 

"but i loved you, and you took that away our future together and you didnt have to end it live at a concert. You told them how i forced you, manipulated you into being with me. I got harrsed by the others and our fans. those ten years i had cried my self to sleep all beauce you were scared of being with me..me.....the one you said you loved." Wendy was in tears now she gripped irene by the shoulders. She noticed how Irene was tearing up too. But she didnt care she wanted to hurt her. 

However a very small part of her heart felt fro Irene. She couldnt help but feel her heart ache as she saw the tears fall from Irenes face.

Wendy let go of her and moved away to wipe her eyes. She felt irenes eyes on her. She froze when she felt irenes slender arms wrap around her. "Please just listen to me..." 

"Mommy..?" 

Wendy and Irene eyes widened as a lttle voice inturrpted irene. Wendy shoved Ireen frozen figure away from her and lookied towards a concerned Minjin. 

"Minjin?"

"mommy what going on?"

"Mommy?" Wendy heard irene whispear to herself still in shock. 

"nothing sweety" Wendy moved and picked up Minjin who kept looking at Irene as Wendy moved ot the door to their house. 

"but who the pretty woman?"

"no one now go to your room " 

Irene heard wendy say to the little girl. Irene snuck into through the door adn saw Wendys little home. She smiled at the pictures Wendy had around th ehouse, soem of a little pictures of Wendy and a baby Minjin. Irene was worrried at first but she didnt a picutre of a father. She heared foot steps and saw Wendy enter the living room.

She stopped slightly when she saw irene, she shook her head and closed the door to the cafe.

"SO why are you here" Wendy asked corssing her arms making sure to keep her distance from Irene.

Irene sighed "Im here because Red Velvet is having a ten year reunion. Our manger wants us to get back together and that why i met joy last weekend we at a meeting and everyone was wondering were you were, so once Joy told me where you were i took it upon myself to get you to come."

Wendy shifted on her spot. "But what about us two surely they dont want us to be near eachother."

"i told them i was okay with you being htere" 

"ha so you dint tell them the truth."

"ok look i thought i would ask becuase ht eothers want you there too. besides as i said...i...i wanted to see you."

Wendy froze again slightly blushing, she did miss her kpop life and the others. but could she risk it, shes happy now and what about Minjin. 

"what about Minjin?" Wendy aksed noticing Irene freeze. 

"w..e...well....i suppose she could come but hwat about her father?" Irene asked her tone apprehensive.

"shes adopted..she only has me..." Wendy said. slightly annoyed when she saw Irene relax a little. "So if i do it she will be with me." 

Wendy looked straight into Irenes eey challenging her. 

"Its fine i suppose. You two will share a room in the hotel."

"Fine"

"Fine"

Wendy and Irene glarred at eachotherform across the living room. Wendy has had enough. 

"so if thats it." Wendy said opening th efront door. 

"y....yes...i supoose thats it." Irene walked towards the door but stopped near wendy. 

"we'll be in seoul for Friday, Joy will text you the hotel."

"ok"

Irene looked at Wendy her eyes and wendy looked back at hers, there was slight moment in which wendy felt like she was back ten years ago, she feel deep into Irenes dark eyes.

"well. see you then" irene said softly as she looked over wendys shoulder and smiled "Bye Minjin" 

Wendy eyes widened adn she turned aorund to see Minjin poke her head aorund the corner. seeing her wave goodbye to Irene.

"Bye" Wendy said turning back to Irene. WHo smiled shyly and walked off to a van. 

wendy closed the door and leaned her head against the door. She composed herself and turned to her daughter. 

"so we are going on a little holiday"