My Bass Clef Moment

My Pocky Love

[A/N] Hello there everyone! This is Whytheglumface, here to bring you Chapter 6! Omaigawsh! Can you believe it? EXO finally has a debut showcase coming up~! In my opinion, it was worth the wait. Cx These boys will leave all k-pop fans jaw-dropped. I can just feel it! *^^* I offer my deepest gratitude to for those who commented on My Pocky Love. It currently has 30+ comments, a world-breaking news for me. xD So thank you! Without further ado, let's take a look at how Chapter 6 will unfold. :D

"Man, the weather outside is terrible!" HyunA complained as she finally felt the welcoming presence of a heater.

"Since I'm a winter child, I don't mind it as much." Sun Hyun proceeded to her couch, and made a distinct thump as she lazily placed a pillow on her face, warming up her cheeks.

"Wow... Your apartment leaves me cursing at my own for some reasons unknown. That rhymes! I mean... Come on! Take a look at this place. You have a dance studio, a recording studio... Man, you really should audition for an entertainment company or something. They'll GLADLY take you in." HyunA flustered Sun Hun as she wandered around the house. Sun Hyun looked at her friend, grimacing, almost at the verge of tears.  Yet, she inhaled and calmed herself, aware of the fact that shedding tears in this cruel world does NOTHING.

"I'm impressed you're like this even after I told you about my current situation. Thanks for that, HyunA-eonni."  Sun Hyun's smile is precious to me. I want to see that smile often, Choi Sun Hyun. Never forget to smile...  

"Domo itashimae [You're welcome]," HyunA replied, advertising her Japanese-communicating skills, yet continuing to fiddle around with the recording equipment. Out of the blue, something caught her off-guard. It was a meaningful object; something that strengthened the fact that Sun Hyun is her same old self.

"Hey, Sun Hyun! Come down here!" she called, her voice echoing at the almost-vacant room, taking the instruments as an exception.

"Okay, coming." She arrived at HyunA's location in no time.

"So, what's up?" Sun Hyun looked baffled. "You sounded as if you're the most horrified person in the planet."

"Mind explaining this?" She gently lifted and anchored a beautifully-crafted bass, with its appearance seemingly capable of making anyone allured to its delicacy.

"This was the last gift that that rascal gave you right?" HyunA accused Sun Hyun as if she's the most renowned detective while Sun Hyun playing the role of the "most wanted" criminal. Sun Hyun rolled her eyes sarcastically, though feeling quite uneasy. Her eyes merely told lies.

Panic-stricken, she blurted out, "Well, the bass is quite expensive! Why would anyone want to throw that away?"

HyunA snorted at Sun Hyun's effortful convincing. "You can easily purchase stuff like this with the "allowance" your sister provides you with." She raised one eyebrow, and a thin smile crept upon her face, almost as if she's already declaring victory. "You're caught, Choi-Sun-Hyun." As if that wasn't humiliating enough, HyunA added a little bit more "sprinkling" with a "mehrong".

Sun Hyun automatically altered to defeat mode. "Alright! You win. I kept it 'cause it felt like as if I was with Lu Han, alright?"

Feeling quite guilty of teasing quite a bit too much, HyunA reluctantly spilled, "Sorry." She sighed.

"Play a song for me, will ya?"

Sun Hyun eyed her, but quickly returned a nod. She breezed through Jung Shin's passage in C.N. Blue's "Hey You" without any sign of difficulty. She was smiling from ear to ear. Her callused fingers continued to do their job.

She's been practicing... She totally loves music, doesn't she? Especially the bass... Sun Hyun, you still have feelings for that underserving idiot.

HyunA applaused proudly as her dongsaeng concluded her performance. Sun Hyun returned a thankful smile.

"Anyways, it's getting late. You go prepare the bed and movie while I go grab us some "midnight snacks". By the way, I want to put Moon-Sun's last episode on replay. It was just beautiful! I was tear-eyed. Anyways, itekimasu! [I'm going!]

"Itarashai! [Come back soon!]" Sun Hyun almost felt like a having a Japanese vocabulary contest or something after HyunA's bombarding of her little Japanese phrases.

Hey you! Dancing King! Come and buy snacks with me... NOW. Go go go! -HyunA

She released a sigh after escaping her best friend's home successfully without being questioned. Man! I'm like the undercover heroine of this story! Unexpectedly, her cell boomed out its "Imma Be" ringtone. HyunA's heart jumped a little from the mild scare.

Hey Dancing Queen. Okie dokie. At the usual store right? -Jong In

Yeah. -HyunA

As she waited for "Dancing King", "Troublemaker" echoed in her head and she found herself whistling the main theme.

Kai arrived and approached her, dumbfounded. Does she enjoy dancing that so much? He didn't hesitate to frighten her day-dreaming friend.

"Boo!"

HyunA screamed and dashed toward the nearest corner as if it's an instinct installed in her. "Yah! Kim Jong In! Just exactly what do you think you're doing?" HyunA panted, feeling exhausted.

"Well... I was watching this horror movie you see. And yeah." Kai beamed an innocent smile that HyunA couldn't help but smile back. They walked towards the gigantic, efficient convenience store. HyunA placed the conversation to a start.

"Hey Kai." She hesitated but continued shortly. "If your sister was pregnant, what would you do?" HyunA mimicked a curious child with its never-ending questions.

Kai eyed her weirdly, but responded. "I'd beat the crap out of whoever did that to her. Unless she's married." Kai giggled.

"Then, what if Sun Hyun was?" HyunA tried her best to control her trembling. Of course, Kai was quick to notice.

"As expected... The baby's father is Lu Han. Am I correct?" Kai had somewhat a disappointed but accepting look on his face. So it had come to this.

HyunA nodded.

"I already saw through you, HyunA. You expect me to take care of both of them? All of you are so transparent. You usually don't talk about anyone but yourself in front of me," he chuckled. "Hey! It's Clover Chips, your favorite!" He placed the mouth-watering snack on the mini cart. HyunA felt HOPELESS. Sun Hyun, what do I do now?

Kai, while roaming around with HyunA, felt like he was solving a rubric's cube with all this. He can't sort out his feelings. I like sun Hyun right? Yet I feel like taking care of someone else's baby is a little-- When I have a family, I want the baby to be blood-related to me. But isn't this an opportunity to steal Sun Hyun's heart? But I feel as if I'm betraying me and Lu Han's friendship. Aish! Who do you prioritize more, Kim Jong In? Lu Han's or your feelings? Why are you running away from what you really feel? Urgency made his adrenaline pump through his veins vigorously.

"HyunA. I made up my mind. I'll take responsibility of both Sun Hyun and the child. But under one condition: I just want to be in a relationship with her, but no marriage. Please, please, no. I don't want to dedicate my life to someone who doesn't feel the same way as me."

[A/N] Oh-ho! Kai be the antagonist of this fan-fiction! Or not... Even I myself didn't expect him to be this mischevious. :P Recently, I've had the hots for SHINee's maknae, Tae Min. But I hesitate to do so cuz one of my friends has been fan-girling over him for quite the time span. Anyways, Tae Min is my ideal type, both personality and looks-wise. ;) I start to have a feeling that these author's notes have no connection to the story whatsoever, but I totally enjoy writing them. =)) Anyways, in a more relative note... A Character Chart is making its way to My Pocky Love ! It just needs some minor adjustments so it will be up in no time! Farewell for now! Annyeong! :3 P.S. Sorry if the chapter DP has no relation to the story! It was really difficult finding an ulzzang with a bass... huhu T^T

-Whytheglumface