Say Hello to Mr. Weirdo

My Pocky Love

FLASHBACK. "Lu-Lu Han-oppa!" I exclaimed, almost losing my balance from the unexpected surprise, but shivered at the entrance of the biting wind of the winter time.

"What are you doing here?!" I concluded the sentence with a phlegm-filled cough,  exposing my cold to my oppa.

"Tch. You're all by yourself, with no family to take care of you." Lu Han sternly glared into my eyes. "Anyways, I didn't come here to pity you. I...Happy Birthday!" Lu Han blushed abruptly. I was dumb-founded; I haven't heard that greeting in my entire lifetime. The thankful tears started to swell my eyes.

Lu Han approached me and drew me to an abrupt hug. My eyes widened. I inhaled his sweet scent, and a hesitant smile was drawn across my face. I unconsciously returned the hug, grasping his shoulders. He shuddered at the unexpected action. Oppa sweetly pulled me away, softly brushing away my fallen teardrops. 

 

"Time to put that smile upside down, Ms. Choi!" he grinned childishly, though this is one of his good traits. "But... Why are you covered in a ginormous blanket?" I gawked at his stupidity. Rapidly, the uncontrollable coughs attacked yet again. It's summer time, when the sun is blazing hot, and the young and old take full advantage of the undeniable beautiful weather with their friends. And yet, here I am, suffering solely on a common flu.                       

"Whoa! You're sick!"

I applauded sarcastically. "I congratulate you for figuring that out."

"I'm going to come in," Lu Han firmly said.

"Welcome."

"YOU! Lie in this comfy bed of yours, right here, right now!" he commanded. 

"Is this your way of celebrating my birthday?" I questioned him.  I sat on my Pororo-crafted blanket.

He completely ignored me. "Any-anyways, I'm sorry I couldn't get you a proper gift, but here!" Lu Han indecisively offered me a box of Pocky, chocolate-flavoured. I were delighted as ever. "You... you see... whenever I think of you... I think of Pocky." I listened intently to his confession. "Though sweet and sugar-coated on the outside, the crunchiness.. The real core of the snack is found within the brown stick. And that in total, makes Choi Sun Hyun Choi Sun Hyun!"

I couldn't resist his adorableness. "Nice metaphor from Lu Han as usual," I complimented him; though I sensed that he flattered me more. Awkward silence occupied the room. Lu Han eyes stared longingly at mine. He possessively grabbed me by the waist, and I was wide-eyed. He continued to allure me with his eyes, and positioned himself for a kiss, when I, out of the blue, 'teased', "Oppa! My illness will get transferred onto you so don't do that. I'm worried about your health," I kidded. He looked at me, astonished; then in a blink of an eye, caught himself.

"Alright then! I'll just hold your hand, while I sing you a lullaby." I lied voluntarily. "I'll sleep on your couch. I began to say something, yet he hushed me, and without hesitation, hummed his sweet melodic lullaby. My eyes unconsciously drifted off to sleep. END OF FLASHBACK

=====================================================================

"Hey! Choi Sun Hyun!" Krystal snapped her fingers and nudged Sun Hyun by the shoulders simultaneously. "You were day dreaming again, weren't you?" Yes... though I wasn't dreaming. Those were flashbacks from the never-returning past, Sun Hyun thought to herself.

"Well, here! Take some of the mini pizza I made today at cooking. Good thing they're still warm," she offered.

With the sound of food, Sun Hyun was undoubtedly delighted. She gratefully took a bite. "Mmm! You never fail to impress me with your cooking! I wish that you were my mother. Geez Krystal! I'm just totally blown away with your motherly personality. I love you mommy." The craving girl managed to say in between those desperate nibbles.

Krystal was flustered. "Thanks."

"Anyways, is the guy you're supposedly going to marry attending this school?" Sun Hyun asked curiously.

Krystal looked disturbed and uninterested. "Yeah, he's transferring here. My parents are yet again setting up those blind dates that I truly despise. You know, sometimes, I long to be a normal teenager. I want to experience relationships voluntary instead of just marrying some bratty rich kiddo who abuses his wealth." Krystal looked dreamingly at the sky. Sun Hyun grimaced helplessly. It's rare for Krystal to open up about herself, Sun Hyun wondered. "Anyways, enough about me. You've been looking depressed as always. Up to this day, you've never revealed to me what truly happened between you and Lu Han."

Sun Hyun stared at her in disbelief. "Can-can we not talk about this?" I feel uncomfortable talking about him, Sun Hyun thought to herself.  

"Look, Sun Hyun. HyunA and I are just constantly worrying about you. Try sorting things out with him. You're just so completely attached to the past," Krystal pleaded. "Snap out of it! If you could only realize that Lu Han is suffering more than you are..."

"It's not like I dislike you for worrying about me... It's just that..." Sun Hyun's voice trailed off.  The memory of Lu Han aches and irritates me simultaneously echoed in her head. "Just bringing up his name would drive me nuts. I'm... sorry Krystal. I'll see you later." After Sun Hyun left, Krystal was left sitting in the dripping water fountain, looking remorseful.

Sun Hyun gloomily walked through the halls, halting once she reached the library. As she entered, a mischievous-looking boy came upon her eyes, fiddling with the computer busily. Well... might as well check out some study guides for the upcoming test... the nerdy side of Sun Hyun conquered. Though she approached the vacant computer beside the mysterious dude, her eyes never failed to be glued to his nicely-coiffed hair and his very casual attire. She sighed, carelessly slouching on the chair

If you're just crushing on him to forget Lu Han, Krystal will never forgive you. Besides, what's the point in searching for another typical break-up? These pessimistic thoughts occupied Sun Hyun's head. As she crouched down for the on switch on the CPU, the alluring guy stared sincerely at her. Sun Hyun met his gaze, and he quickly looked away, blushing ragingly. Being unable to resist, he glanced again, totally captivated by Sun Hyun's appearance. Yet again, Sun Hyun glared into his dazzling eyes, puzzled and not knowing what to do. Unexpectedly, he clutched Sun Hyun's hand, and spilled his heartfelt confession.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"