Chapter 8

Dear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Chapter 8

 

Song for this chapter// November Rain by Jannabi

 

“In my memories November rain

it gently fills and fills my eyes

only the hidden memories get wet

in the sound of rain”

 

Jung SoMi~

 

“SoMi.” There was a tapping on my shoulder, waking me up from my sleep. Sitting up on the couch dazed and groggy, I was actually more surprised at the fact that I ended up falling sleeping after the night I had. Focusing my hazy eyes, I saw Ahjussi pointing to the clock on the wall. He was already dressed in a dark suit, ready to head to work. My eyes widened with panic, as I realized I was awfully late for my morning class.

 

I hurried over to the bathroom with my bag in hand as I rushed to get ready. For the first time since my college career, I didn’t waste any time applying makeup. I simply slathered on my moisturizer that I kept in my makeup bag as well as some lip balm to alleviate my chapped lips. I ran my fingers through the length of my hair, trying to get rid of the tangles. Within seconds, I had slipped on my fitted black pants and blazer over the black tee shirt that Ahjussi gave me since I kept wearing it whenever I slept over. My white silk blouse remained inside my bag as I rushed toward the door, putting on my black sling back heels.

 

“I can drive you.” I exhaled in relief as Ahjussi gave me a ride to the campus. The entire ride I kept blinking really hard, shaking my head, and blasting music from my ear buds in an attempt to wake myself up. The sky was tones of gray as rain crashed against the windows of the car and I did not have an umbrella.

 

“You can drop me off here!” I exclaimed with my hand on the door handle, needing to hurry to class. A folded black umbrella fell onto my lap. I gave him a smile and ran to the lecture hall with the umbrella tightly grasped in my hand. My head was down as I tried to avoid the puddles to prevent my heels from getting dirty. The wind blew the droplets of rain toward me, lightly dusting my pants with water. I was relieved that I wore my low heels as it made running to class much easier. With the soaking umbrella to my side, I walked over to the seat Yeri and JooHyun had saved for me. The professor wasn’t even here yet. Whew. Wiping the rain from my expensive pants, which I bought when I found out I got the internship, I noticed how disheveled I looked. The black men’s tee shirt hung off me, so I gathered the ends toward my back and knotted it with a hair tie, folding the remaining fabric into itself. Once my appearance was slightly fixed did I feel a bit more at ease.

 

“I think this is the first time I seen you without makeup at school. Don’t worry, you’re still pretty.” JooHyun commented as she looked at me while we chatted. My cheeks felt warm at her words. Glancing around, I realized that I wasn’t the only one late as more students trickled into the room in a hurry. 

 

“On my way here there was a car accident. That’s why so many people are late. Also it is still pouring outside. Ugh, I hate rainy weather.” Yeri grumbled as she scrolled through social media on her phone. Once the bell had rung, a Teacher Assistant walked up to the podium, announcing that it was our professor who got into the car accident near the campus but then assured that she would be okay. Following roll call, the TA told us that our presentations would be postponed for tomorrow. I sighed in relief.

 

My pen fell from my fingers as my head kept leaning to the side. My eyes kept closing and the frightening images flashed across my eyes. Jolting myself up, I blinked hard to gain my concentration back. The grip on my pen was so rigid from the fact that the low chatter of my classmates was like countless knives stabbing my ears. It was driving me crazy how their incessant gossiping hurt my head. Opening my mouth to tell them to shut up, I instead refrained myself and scowled, internally begging for some silence. I tried my best to focus on the task at hand, stabbing the notebook paper with my pen as I took notes.

 

I shared the umbrella with Yeri, while JooHyun shielded herself from the pouring rain with her own as we left the lecture hall. My boyfriend stood outside the doors underneath his sky blue umbrella.

 

“We need to talk.” He said sternly, grabbing my wrist when Yeri shouted for the umbrella. Without haste, he handed his umbrella to Yeri and used mine to cover the both of us. He dragged me by the wrist and into a secluded area on campus where there weren’t any other students. His tight grip was painful, but I knew that my writhing would only aggravate the discomfort. The rain forced us to be in close proximity since we both had to fit under the umbrella. I flicked my wrist, waiting for him to let go. He finally did, leaving a red imprint on my thin wrist. I tilted my head to look at him. His expression was a blend of both concern and anger.

 

“What did you need to talk to me about?” I asked softly, fearing that this would be a confrontation between us. WooHyun grabbed me by the neck, instilling fear within me because it wasn’t tender but rather harsh.

 

“Why didn’t you text me back? I was worried sick about you! You didn’t return my calls or texts!” My eyes only blinked at him before I regained my sense of reality.

 

“My ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter