Chapter 11

Dear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Chapter 11

 

Lee SooHyun~

 

 

“What are they talking about? Can you hear anything?” Yeri asked, inching closer to the spot outside the hospital where SoMi and her Ahjussi were talking. So this was the man that SoMi dearly respected and cared for. His stoic expression and straight posture exuded a coldness that I wouldn’t dare approach. However his eyes told a completely different story. He stood in front of SoMi with his hands in the pockets, without uttering a word while his eyes were profoundly earnest toward her.

 

“It’s insane how handsome he is.” JooHyun blurted as her sight was fixated on the extremely attractive oppa as well. Yeri covered WooHyun’s face, so I couldn’t see his expression but I was pretty sure it was one of jealousy. 

 

“I know right.” Yeri piped up, annoying WooHyun. I heard him let out a frustrated groan as he was occupying himself by texting on his phone. The was most likely fuming inside at the sight of SoMi with another man. I glanced over at where SoMi stood as we couldn’t pick any of their conversation due to the low whispering. But then I heard her say something.

 

“I know… I shouldn’t have looked at the file…” I heard her sighing. The man visibly softened at SoMi. Then the girls and I looked over from our spot on the bench to see them in a staring match. SoMi’s heavy breathing colored the frosty evening air as her sight was locked onto her Ahjussi’s eyes. Her vehement gaze was dripping with sadness and remorse. She whispered something to him before giving him a hug. She was always so affectionate. But unlike the quick, yet bone-crushing hugs she would give us, SoMi lingered for a bit with her arms circling his neck.

 

“Drive safe, Ahjussi.” I heard SoMi say.

 

“I should be the one telling you that.” SoMi’s expression wavered at his comment. Yeri and JooHyun were quick to steal one last glance at the handsome oppa dressed in black as our cab took off.

 

“Who’s that oppa you called Ahjussi? There’s no way he is an ahjussi. He’s an oppa! A really handsome one at that.” Yeri leaned in closer to SoMi and quietly asked her the question that made us girls blush. It was as if the car accident never happened as we sat in the taxi with SoMi, giggling at Yeri’s endearing frankness.

 

“He’s a close friend of mine.” SoMi told us with an soft grin on her face. I could tell that she was faking her cheerfulness to appease us. For her sake, I played along and accepted her playing it off.

 

“I don’t like the fact you have a close male friend.” WooHyun told her, peering at her face with narrowed eyes. The knew no boundaries. Male friends would cause no problems in a healthy relationship. But then again, their relationship was far from healthy. SoMi motioned WooHyun over before grabbing his face and giving him a kiss. JooHyun, Yeri, and I looked away from the couple and their irritating displays of affection.

 

“I’m yours remember Nam WooHyun.” SoMi told him, pacifying his jealousy.

 

“Did SoMi tell you anything about that oppa?” Yeri and JooHyun asked me as we resumed grilling the meat for our delayed dinner.

 

“She told me that he was her next door neighbor and a close friend of hers. But here’s the thing, he just got of jail.” I whispered to them, placing the cooked meat onto the plates. Yeri and JooHyun both gasped at the fact before hiding their shock when SoMi walked over to us where we stood by the grill.

 

“I owe you guys an apology. I ruined our trip because I got into the accident. I’m sorry what I put you through.” SoMi said before we toasted our shot glasses.

 

“Don’t worry about it. We’re just all relieved that you’re safe. Now let’s enjoy the rest of our trip!” JooHyun exclaimed, smiling at each and every one of us. We raised our shot glasses into the air, clinking them and slinging the alcohol down our throats. SoMi was the only one with water in her shot glass. Yeri and WooHyun lifted the atmosphere by singing kpop songs with the Bluetooth microphone I brought for the trip. SoMi was quiet and reserved, but it was normal considering what happened today. We played jenga and then rock paper scissors to determine who the losers would be. WooHyun and JooHyun grumbled as they carried the dirty dishes to the sink to clean. After the hectic day we had, we all ended up falling asleep after we finished eating.

 

Our trip had official begun and with no assignments or deadlines to worry about, so we were now staying up all night to chat. We were using a scented candle as our only source of light within the room and the pleasant rose smell filled the closed room. Yeri and JooHyun hung onto every word of SoMi’s as she told them about the handsome oppa they were crushing on. SoMi’s eyes glinted with playfulness and it was something I haven’t seen in a long time. We were sitting on floor mattresses, having a girl talk while WooHyun was probably sleeping in the other room.

 

A truly genuine smile spread across her lip as she spoke with fondness about her Ahjussi. Her smile was different. With us or WooHyun, SoMi tended to smile widely and I knew that some of them were pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter