Chapter 8

When It's Time to Let Go

 

Jaejoong sat at the dining room table with Youngmin and sipped his bottled water.
 
“Why don’t you love me?” asked Youngmin, suddenly.
 
“Because I love Yunho.”
 
“He didn’t believe in you and betrayed you. I’d never betray you.”
 
“It doesn’t matter. I love him.”
 
“Then why are you here with me?”
 
“Because I want to protect Changmin.”
 
“You love Yunho, yet you’d cheat on him to protect Changmin?”
 
“We’re all a family. You have to make sacrifices to protect your family. That’s how it goes.”
 
“Did it hurt when he didn’t trust you?” asked Youngmin, leaning forward.
 
“Yeah, it did.”
 
/Flashback/
 
Youngmin ran his hands down Jaejoong’s back. Jaejoong looked over Youngmin’s shoulder at the poster of DBSK. They looked nice in that photo, like a family. Nothing like now.
 
At this very moment, all of them were on separate over night trips and that’s why their house was empty.
 
Everyone was contemplating getting their own apartment, they never were home at the same time, and even Yunho and Jaejoong’s relationship was suffering. Jaejoong gave a sharp laugh. Well, that was his fault, wasn’t it?
 
Youngmin looked up at him. “What’s so funny?”
 
Jaejoong smiled down at him. “The DBSK poster on the wall. Did you put that there?”
 
“You don’t like it? I thought you might like to look at what you’re protecting”, said Youngmin, smirking.
 
Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “Riiightt. Or is it that you want to make sure that I have something attractive to look at while doing you? Just a mirror would be fine.”
 
It was harsh and he registered the hard glint in Youngmin’s eyes and knew that he’d be punished. But, at that moment, he didn’t care. He hated that poster and he wanted it down.
 
Youngmin stood up, tore down the poster, and threw it at Jaejoong. It landed, weakly, in front of the bed. Jaejoong couldn’t help but laugh although the situation was anything but funny.
 
“I’m getting bored”, said Jaejoong, preparing to get off the bed. Youngmin rushed over and pinned him down. Jaejoong knew his punishment was coming. He felt the bites on his neck and arms and squirmed.
 
“Seriously. You’re hurting me. We’ve been doing this for a year. You’ve got to know this is not how its done.”
 
“Mmm”, moaned Youngmin. Jaejoong rolled his eyes. He looked over at the door to distract himself and immediately screamed. He bounced up, pushing Youngmin off him.
 
“It’s not what it looks like, I swear to you.”
 
Yunho stared at him, his eyes dark and cold. Behind him stood Changmin, Yoochun, and Junsu. Yoochun and Junsu’s eyes were wide and disbelieving. Changmin looked pale and embarrassed.
 
Youngmin rubbed his face with his hands and pulled on pants. He walked out of the room and no one stopped him. Jaejoong wrapped the blankets around himself and stated his case again, “I swear to you its not what it looks like.”
 
“It looks like the person I love is having with our boss. Isn’t that what it looks like to you guys?”
 
No one said anything but Yunho kept talking.
 
“That’s exactly what it looks like and I hope you won’t deny it since we’ve all witnessed it.”
 
“How long were you here?” asked Jaejoong.
 
“Since your request for a mirror. We just opened the door, though”, said Junsu, quietly.
 
“I’m a little hurt that you don’t want to stare at us while cheating on Yunho”, joked Yoochun. The joke fell so flat that Jaejoong had the urge to sing Onew Condition.
 
“A year…” repeated Yunho to himself. He shook his head furiously.
 
Jaejoong got off the bed and began moving for Yunho. He reached out to touch him, but Yunho yanked himself away.
 
“Do not touch me, you filthy .”
 
With that, he turned and walked out of the room.
 
Jaejoong could feel his eyes water. He knew it was true, though.
 
“Junsu, Yoochun, its not what it seems. I promise you.”
 
“I believe you, hyung. But, what is it?” said Junsu. Yoochun nodded.
 
“I was just…” Jaejoong looked back at Changmin who was trying not to cry.
 
“I can’t say. Its just not what it looks like.”
 
Junsu and Yoochun exchanged looks but nodded. Jaejoong turned to Changmin.
 
“You’ll support me, right?” Changmin just shook his head and turned away.
 
Jaejoong sank to the floor. His sobs were silent.
 
/End Flasback/
 
“So, why?”
 
“I love him. It doesn’t matter what he thinks of me but just that he’s safe and happy. That’s what love is.”
 
Youngmin nodded, thoughtfully.
 
A/N: Mianhae~yo. No one saved Jaejoong before he got to Youngmin's. How do you feel about Jaejoong's character in the flashback? ><  Also, I've been thinking of watching Dream High 2. Is it any good?
 
COMMENT REPLIES
lhotshot83- Ahh, kamsanida~! ^^
 
catluvsu- Haha, thank you! Jaejoong is strong, I think. The wait is over, right? keke.
 
omgomg- Your name makes me think of hyper, keke. Thanks for reading and keke, did your prediction turn out to be true? ;)
 
jonghyunfan- Thanks for reading! :D
 
karijaemin- De, kamsanida! :)