Chapter 7

When It's Time to Let Go

 

When Jaejoong woke up, his head hurt from crying. He looked around to find that he was no longer at the bar but in his bed. Yoochun and Junsu must have brought him home. How they had gotten his key was beyond him…
 
Jaejoong stretched and blinked to adjust his eyes to the bright light. Too much alcohol and a lot of crying made for a massive head ache in the morning.
 
He rolled out of the bed and padded out into the living room. He saw Junsu and Yoochun sprawled over each other on the couch. He smiled, slightly and walked past them into the kitchen.
 
He poured himself a glass of water and leaned against the refrigerator. He heard his phone ringing from his bed room. The familiar tune of Mirotic made him smile. He followed the noise into the room before it woke up Yoochun and Junsu.
 
“Yoboseyo?” he answered.
 
“This is the fifth time I’ve called you.”
 
Jaejoong could feel the blood rush from his face. Immediately, he flashed back to two days earlier.
 
/Flashback/
 
Jaejoong glanced at his phone, once again. He’d gotten to the KBS building early to meet with the manager to discuss something but neither the manager or the other two boys had gotten here.
 
He leaned up against the wall and looked down at his phone. A shadow fell in front of him and when he looked up, he saw Kim Young-min. Jaejoong immediately straightened up and bowed, respectfully.
 
“Hello, sir.”
 
Youngmin smirked.
 
“You don’t have to be so formal with me. We were once so close.”
 
Jaejoong resisted the urge to roll his eyes.
 
“I no longer work for Star Museum Entertainment. I will not let you bully me or my dongsaengs. Please do not attempt to use me anymore.”
 
“What about Changmin and Yunho? Won’t you protect them?”
 
“I did protect Changmin and you know I did”, bit out Jaejoong angrily.
 
“Did you? Really…” said Youngmin, his smirk growing even more smirk-ish.
 
“I swear, if you laid a hand on him during our… agreement”, warned Jaejoong.
 
“During our relationship, I was faithful to you. But things change.”
 
Jaejoong scoffed.
 
“I’m not sure whether to laugh at the fact that you call that a relationship or punch you in the face for threatening Changmin.”
 
“Jaejoong-ah, its not a threat. Without you, I’m just so lonely. Please come back to me.”
 
Jaejoong stiffened and shook his head. “No. I can’t do that to Yunho anymore. Its wrong.”
 
“You aren’t even together anymore. He’s moved on, completely.”
 
“But, I love him and that’s all that matters”, said Jaejoong.
 
“Come back to me.”
 
They heard footsteps and turned to see Yoochun and Junsu making a beeline for them. Youngmin removed his hand and bowed.
 
“Jaejoong, we have a schedule today, remember”, said Yoochun. Jaejoong nodded and the three walked away from Youngmin.
 
Jaejoong couldn’t help but feel like he had an obligation. Even if he had left DBSK, he couldn’t allow Changmin to get hurt by Youngmin or by Yunho.
 
/End Flashback/
 
Jaejoong sighed. “I was asleep.”
 
“Come over.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Youngmin seemed shocked. “So easily giving in? What is this, Jaejoong?”
 
“I just don’t want you to hurt them. I can’t let anyone get hurt.”
 
“Good boy. Come over now.”
 
Jaejoong closed the phone and sighed. After dressing, he walked towards the door. Before leaving, he looked back at Yoochun and Junsu, sleeping peacefully. He looked over at the picture on the table by the door. It was of a smiling Dong Bang O Ki.
 
He closed the door behind him and as it shut behind him he thought,
 
“All the hurt, all the pain, all the disgust… It’s worth it when I know that I’m saving my family.”
 
It’s when I look into your eyes, that I know this is right.
---- Author Unknown
 
A/N: Its short but I'm risking to be on the computer, I may get on trouble if I get caught. :P Anyway, enjoy! I had already finished the story but I've decided to keep writing.
 
About the Dong Bang O Ki, you know how fans write DBSK as DB5K to represent five members? In sino-Korean, five is pronounced O. So, DB5K would be pronounced 'Dong Bang O Ki'.