Chapter 10

When It's Time to Let Go

 

One Month Later
 
Junsu stretched and yawned. He had been sleeping soundly but something had woken him up. What was it? He rubbed his eyes and heard a beep. That’s right, it was his phone! He grabbed his phone up and checked his text messages.
 
Manager: Junsu, we’re filming today. The third episode will also be released tonight. Please be ready by 8am.
 
It was now 7am.
 
Junsu moaned and stretched. He looked over at his sleeping girlfriend and sighed. He reached over and shook her awake.
 
“Yes?” She stretched, the cover dropping away to reveal her bare s. She blinked up at him, sleepily. Normally, he would have found it cute but today he was on a mission.
 
“We’ve got filming today, you’ve got to go home.”
 
Daphne pouted and stretched, nodding.
 
“Okay, okay, I’m going.”
 
She got off the bed and went into the bathroom. Junsu heard the shower water start running and got to work cleaning up. He threw his dirty clothes into the hamper, cleaned the kitchen, and picked out some clean clothes to wear.
 
Once Daphne was dressed, he kissed her goodbye. He showered, quickly. Once he was out of the shower, he looked at his phone and saw a text from his manager.
 
On our way…” He looked at his phone, it was 7:45.
 
He dressed in black jeans and a green v-neck. He brushed his hair and then went in to make sure his guest room was clean. He was surprised to see Changmin sleeping soundly.
 
Fu--. The curse word didn’t escape but he definitely thought it.
 
“Changmin-ah, what are you doing here?” he asked, shaking his dongsaeng awake.
 
“I needed to be near someone”, explained Changmin, sleepily. “I miss Yunho and neither Yoochun or Jaejoong have given me a key to their apartments.”
“So, I’m the only dummy then?” laughed Junsu. He ruffled his maknae’s hair and pulled the kid out of bed. While Changmin showered, Junsu cleaned the room, making the bed and putting Changmin’s bags into the closet.
 
Changmin walked out of the bathroom, clean and dressed. At that moment, the doorbell rang. Junsu sighed and went to go open the door. Yoochun, Jaejoong, the manager, and the production crew were all waiting at the door. He ushered them in.
 
“What’s he doing here?” asked the Manager, his eyes glinting. He supported JYJ completely and had a strong dislike of Changmin and Yunho.
 
“We’re friends, Manager. He’s my dongsaeng. He‘s just leaving”, explained Junsu. The producer got excited.
 
“He doesn’t have to go. It’ll be perfect if he stays. We can show the interaction between the two groups. Just call Yunho over.”
 
Jaejoong scoffed. “I don’t think that’s a good idea. We don’t want rumors starting. Changmin, we’ll see you tonight, right?”
 
Changmin nodded. He grabbed his duffel bag and bowed. Once he was gone, they started setting up for recording and explained what was on the agenda for today.
 
“The first episode we introduced your group and showed what you were planning on doing and what you were working on. The last two episodes have been about working on planning your album. These next two episodes will be observing normal life. This filming session will be about the time that you spend together. The next filming session will continue with that. The two after that will be on your own personal free time.”
 
The three boys nodded in acknowledgment and got ready to start filming.
 
The cameras and they got to work.
 
------FILMING------
LEGEND
Jaejoong- JJ
Junsu- JS
Yoochun- YC
 
[Scene 1: All three boys are dressed casually in dorm clothes. Jaejoong looks sleepy on the couch while Junsu and Yoochun are wide awake and preparing breakfast]
JS: Yah, Jaejoong. Come help us. *turns around and looks at his hyung who is blinking widely at him*
JJ: *stands up from the couch and walks over to the main camera* Aren’t I the leader? Why is he bossing me around? Just because its his apartment, ptch… He should be grateful I’m even here. Its 8:30. That’s too early to be up on a free day. I’m only doing it for our lovely fans.
YC: Yes, yes! *comes over to the camera, leaving Junsu in the kitchen* So, in return, buy all our albums. Make the stores sold out.
JS: *shouts from the kitchen* Actually, instead of wasting your money on buying our albums, buy me. I need a noona who will support me.
JJ: Yah! No one wants you.
YC: Annya! I’ll support you with my money. *runs over to Junsu and hugs him from behind* We might have to eat ramen and all that. But, I’ll support you. Saranghae .
JS: I’m a man! Besides, I don’t want to eat ramen. I want steak and lobster.
YC: Ptchh  *blows his lips out and pulls away* I don’t want you anyway. *turns to one of the side cameras and gets close to it* Will you eat ramen with me, Cassiopeia?
JS: *walks over and slaps him in the head* That’s not our fans. That’s Dong Bang Deul Ki’s fans.
YC: No. DB2K is a famous band in America. It has to stay Dong Bang Shin Ki.
JJ: Both of you shut up, silly boys. *laughs and shakes his head*
JS: *walks back to kitchen to cook some more* LET’S EAT!
*all three boys run to the table with food to eat*
JS: Hyung, what are we doing today?
JJ: We’re going to do lots of fun, secretive stuff for the fans.
 
The recording continued on through that whole day. The boys ate breakfast together, played games, and went shopping. They took a trip to the countryside where they helped a farmer pick their fruits. When filming ended, they all ended up back at Junsu’s. It was late, around 12 in the next morning.
 
“We’ll film again in two days. We’ll have a fan meeting and a trip to a museum. The next time we film after that will be individually. I’m so glad you guys don’t all share a apartment. That would make this too difficult. Besides, its weird for men as old as you are to all share a house. God forbid had DBSK stayed together”, said their manager all in one breath.
 
He told the boys to go home and get rest because he’d be by at 6 the next morning to take them to the studio for more working on their album.
 
As the manager and the production crew left, Junsu changed into his pajamas. When he came back out into the living room, Jaejoong and Yoochun were still sitting out there, only now they were joined by Changmin.
 
“Can I stay here again, hyung?” he asked. Junsu sighed and got onto the couch next to his brothers.
 
“Come on, Changmin. You’ve got to go back to your apartment”, he told the young man.
 
“I don’t want to. Yunho ended his lease prematurely. I’ve decided to end mine, too. Even if we weren’t in the same place, at least I knew where Yunho was every night and that he’d be there for me if I needed him. I shouldn‘t have told him anything.”
 
Jaejoong looked sharply at Changmin.
 
“Where’s Yunho? Where has he gone? What did you tell him?”
 
The questions came rapid fire. The three boys exchanged looks. They all remained silent.
 
Junsu swore under his breath. They hadn’t told Jaejoong anything about their meeting at the café.
 
/Flashback/
 
“What is he doing here?”
 
Jaejoong looked down at the sitting trio on Junsu’s living room floor. They were eating chips and playing a board game. The laughter had died down with Jaejoong’s entrance and now everyone sat awkwardly.
 
“Well…” started Yoochun.
 
“We’re friends again. Just because you and Yunho have a problem doesn’t mean that the rest of us have to have a problem with each other. Now that we’re back in Korea, I want to have our family whole-- or as whole as it can be”, explained Junsu.
 
“But, I didn’t trust him like the two of you did. He should be angry at me”, said Changmin, quietly.
 
He had been deeply emotional in the week since all had been revealed. Yoochun and Junsu had learned their lesson quickly when the day after Yunho’s departure, they’d found Changmin standing at the edge of the Han River, preparing to jump in. His complete over reaction to the situation had pushed the two boys into hyung-overdrive. 
 
They had scarcely let Changmin to himself. All sharp objects had been removed from his apartments and he’d gone around scruffy. He’d been sent to a psychiatrist and  prescribed anti-depression drugs. He’d been pushed into work by his manager and was barely ever home or had free time. He had no time to feel sad and for this everyone was grateful.
 
“I’m not angry”, said Jaejoong, bending down to kneel beside Changmin.
 
“I was disappointed at first but I know why you did it. Even if no one else does, I know. And I’ve accepted it. I love you, you’re my dongsaeng and something like that is never going to change it.”
 
Changmin burst into tears and Jaejoong hugged him.
 
Yoochun couldn’t help but roll his eyes although they were filled with moisture as well. The ordeal was all quite cheesy but touching.
 
“Our family is whole-ish…” cooed Junsu, grabbing them all up into a hug.
 
Whether Changmin had revealed the truth was never a topic broached by Jaejoong or anyone else.
 
/End of flashback/
 
“Well, Yunho knows…” said Yoochun, simply.
 
“He knows about what I did and why I did it?” said Jaejoong. It wasn’t really a question.
 
“Yeah. Changmin was telling us and Yunho was there. He wanted to protect you for once.”
 
“And then what happened?”
 
“Well, Yunho flipped and Changmin got all depressed. Yunho took off without SM knowing. No one knows where he went or when he’s coming back. He could be anywhere. He could be in the countryside or he could be in the United States. Youngmin just hopes he’ll be back before our comeback.”
 
“Why our comeback?” asked Jaejoong.
 
“I don’t know. He just wants him to be back before JYJ’s comeback. Maybe he’s got something planned?” said Changmin, thoughtfully. He wiped tears from his face and sighed.
 
The young man was tired. There were dark purple bags under his eyes, wrinkles on his forehead, and a perpetual frown marked onto his beautiful face. He slumped in his seat and his head lolled to the side.
 
Jaejoong sighed and grabbed Changmin in his arms. The two cuddled like that for what seemed like hours. The silence made one thing clear: everyone was wondering ‘Where is Yunho?’
 
The sun peeked over to the Seoul skyline and birds flew around looking for a roost and a light breakfast. The automatic curtains drew back but the light didn’t wake any of the four sleeping figures that laid about the living room.
 
The key slid into the lock and turned. The door was opened and in walked the manager. It was 6:30 and after no reply from either Yoochun or Jaejoong’s apartments, he’d come straight to Junsu’s, figuring they’d spent the night.
 
He was surprised to find four bodies unconscious and lost in dreamland. Junsu and Yoochun were tangled with each other on the floor, arm to arm. Changmin and Jaejoong lay on the couch. They’d moved in their sleep from a sitting position to a slightly more comfortable arrangement. Now, Jaejoong’s back was against the arm of the couch and his legs glanced off the seats. Changmin lay on top of him, his face buried in the other’s shirt.
 
The manager smiled, slightly. Although his dislike for DBSK was deep, his love for the happiness of his boys was even stronger. Besides, they did really look like a family from where he stood.
 
Almost regretfully, he started shaking the boys awake, gently at first.
 
“Let’s go”, he boomed, finally. Waking them up was a real hassle.
 
“Why, hyung? I wanna sleep”, complained Junsu. Yoochun moaned in agreement and latched tighter to Junsu. Suddenly, both of their eyes shot open and they flew apart. Junsu bumped his head into the table.
 
“I’m gonna go take a shower”, announced Yoochun. He stood up and walked awkwardly to the bathroom. Changmin, who in his half-sleeping state, had witnessed the whole thing gave a light chuckle. He got off of Jaejoong and moved to the arm chair to snuggle in. He quickly fell asleep.
 
Jaejoong sniffed and got off the couch. He wasn’t sure how long Yoochun planned to shower. His shower lengths were awkward and annoying. They were either too quick or too long. When they’d all shared a dorm, this had been a constant battle.
 
While he waited, he went into the guest bedroom to see if he had any extra clothes in there. He found gray jeans, a white v-neck, and a hoodie. He laid it out on the bed and was happy to hear the shower shut off.
 
He grabbed up the clothes and headed off to take a shower. While soaping up, (yes, boys and girls, IMAGINE THAT. Woooh) he thought of what he’d learned the night before. 
 
They’d told Yunho and explained everything to him. So, why had he left? Why hadn’t he come after him? In the movies, wasn’t this the part where they realized that everything was going to be okay and got back together? That had to mean that Yunho simply didn’t want to be with him anymore whether he knew the truth or not.
 
Jaejoong sighed and leaned against the wall of the shower. His eyes closed, soap and water mingled together and ran down his body. 
 
“Hyung, hurry up! I have to shower, too” shouted Junsu.
 
Jaejoong washed his face with water. Water dripping into his eyes, he looked over at the razor sitting on the soap ledge. He reached his pale hands out to grasp it. He brought it close to him and surveyed it.
 
The moment was surreal. He watched himself hold out an arm and began to make slices around his arms, barely missing his wrists. Yellow dots began dancing in front of his eyes and he felt tired. He could feel himself falling and the darkness rose up to catch him.
 
 
A/N: I'm in a writing mood today so I updated two days in a row. Also this is pretty long I think, 6 pages in Works. Also, the filming scene wasn't "scripted", I just put it in script form because it was easier to write like that cause I wrote that bit at school. It rained today during P.E. so we didn't have to go outside and run a mile PLUS I'm drinking some amazing milk chocolate cocoa. I'm in a good mood, keke. ^^ Please comment and leave your opinion. Subscribe if you haven't already.
 
I'm thinking of writing two sequels (or one but two stories cominbed). It will have YooSu in it and Changmin and either an OOC or something. I think I have pretty much the storyline for the YooSu one planned out but I need some help with the Changmin storyline. I'll have polls in later chapters if you guys like the idea. PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THIS POLL:
 
 
Comment Replies
 
@Caribbeanpop17- Your comment made me smile for some reason. I'm sure this chapter was confusing but hopefully it answered the majority of your questions.
@stinkymush- I love replying to comments. It makes me happy seeing comments in the first place. Sorry that I didn't answer the Yunho questino this chapter. Maybe next?
@doubleJ_YC- Here's your update! :)
@omgomg- And again, your screenname makes me laugh. HYPER! And yes, truth is out! Yay!
@bebechy- Here's your update! Kamsamnida for your support! ^^
@Sarah_OT5- Hmm, I never thought about being mad at Jaejoong. That's a really good side. And thanks for your input, I think I'll keep it going on at the same pace. If it ever starts to go too fast, let me know please.