The Truth About Joohyun

A Journey to Forever ( Life Is Too Short Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

Lisa and I started searching for Jennie Kim  and found out that she went back to her hometown two years ago so here we are driving to find her place.

"Lisa, I'm telling you this should be fast as I need to go back to my office immediately.", I complained.

"Geez.. what a workaholic! Seulgi, look at this place, it's beautiful. Just relax and have fun.". she said

She was right. It's a beautiful place and I wish Irene and I had the chance to come and visit this place. This is the reason why I wanted to work and work. I don't want to be bitter remembering Irene. Don't get me wrong, her memories are the best but I get so sad and miserable just thinking how tragic our love story is.

"Hey, can we get a coffee first, anyways we are near her place.", I suggested to Lisa

"Of course, let's go!"

We went inside the cafe and ordered our coffee.

"Lisa, did Jisoo mentioned anything about that Jennie-girl to you when you were together"?

She shaked her head. "She didn't. She's part of her past as well so I don't ask although there's a part of me that felt like she's hiding something about her. And now that I saw her picture, I don't know but I felt something that I can't explain"

"You know you shoul have---------" I stopped talking when a saw a very familiar girl walks inside the cafe. This can't be true. She looks exactly the same..no it's her, my heart and mind said so. 

"Seulgi, what ha-----", she looked behind her. "Oh my God, Irene?", she asked confusedly.

I immediately get up and hug the girl. God how much I missed her, for the first time in three years, I felt my tears in my cheeks.

"Irene, I missed you so much.", I whispered as I continued hugging her until she pushed me so hard.

"Get away from me", she said angrily.

"Irene, it's me Seulgi!"

"I'm not Irene! My name is Joohyun and I don't even know you!"

"No babe, you're Irene", I desperately said

"I said I'm not Irene! Are you freaking out of your mind?"

"Can't you remember? It's Seul, Irene" I tried to walk closer to her with my pleading eyes.

"Don't you dare, take one step closer to me and I'll call the police" 

I was about to move closer, cause I don't care but Lisa pulled me away from her.

"Seulgi, you heard her. She's not Irene", she said

"No Lisa, it's her I can feel it." as I'm trying to get away from Lisa's hand grip.

"What is happening here honey?", a girl came from behind us. I'm pretty sure she's the owner of the cafe. She wrapped around her arms to Irene's waist. Wait, she looks familiar.

I saw how she unwrapped her arms to Irene and her body stiffen when she saw Lisa. 

"Jennie Kim?"     "Lisa?", with their eyes widen. There is really something different about this two.

"Honey? Do you know them?", Irene asked Jennie confusedly. So the two of them are together. ! What kind of joke is this! My goodness, really? 

"I only know Lisa. I don't know the girl beside her.", she said

"Lisa, are you sure you haven't met Jennie. It's very clear to me that she knows you?", I whispered.

"I swear I haven't met her though I really felt like I really know her, it's weird." she said in a very serious tone

"What is happening here earlier and why do you look so upset Joohyun-honey?" she looked at her worriedly. Irene holds her hand tightly. This scene made my heart breaks a millions times again. 

"Well, she keeps on insisting I'm someone else saying I'm Irene.", she said. Jennie looked at her with fears in her eyes but didn't say anything. Then she looked at Lisa and asked her. "What about you Lisa, why are you here?"

"Jisoo asked me to give you this letter.", she handed the letter to Jennie. 

"Jennie, who is Jisoo?", Irene asked. Jennie is out of words.

"She's her ex-girlfriend", Lisa said annoyingly. What is the problem with this girl?

"She's not my ex-girl-------" Sighed. "Right! She was right, she's my ex", Jennie finally said.

I saw Irene's face. I could tell by the looks of it that she's hurt. Just looking at her being hurt.. and being hurt because of jealousy for another girl felt like hell.

"Why is it you that is giving me this? Where is Jisoo?" Jennie asked.

I saw the hurt in Jennie's eyes as she was looking at Lisa as Lisa looked so sad and miserable. I swear if I didn't know that Jisoo is her ex, I would say she's in love with Lisa. The way she looks at Lisa and to my Irene were so different.

"She passed away, three years ago!" Jennie gasped and tears come flooding in her eyes. Maybe I was wrong, maybe she's just hurt because Jisoo choose Lisa. I don't know but I don't really care right now as I stared at Irene. I saw her staring at me as well but she looked away when I looked back at her. 

"Alright, we're leaving! I handed you the letter already, our job right here is done!", Lisa hold my wrist pulling me out of the cafe. I swear, Lisa's mood is so different. Like what the hell! I removed her grip on me, now I'm pissed off. We looked at each other. 

"I don't know what's your problem but one more touch and I will kill you Manoban!", I seriously told her.

She sighed. "I'm sorry Seulgi!" then I looked at Jennie. 

"I saw the looked in your eyes Jennie when Ire-- oh well Joohyun told you that I'm insisting her that she's Irene, now tell us the truth!", I glared at her.

"I think this is not the good place to talk about it. Let's go to my place." Jennie replied.

 

Lisa's POV

After the commotion in the cafe, we went to Jennie's house. Jennie was the owner of the cafe so we didn't get in trouble that much with Seulgi's desperation. Well, I can't really blame her though. She just saw Irene in flesh though there were so many questions on her head for sure. Is it really Irene? She might have lost her memories because of the accident. Poor, Bear! As I roamed around her house, I felt like I have been here before. It's really weird. I saw Jennie stealing glances at me. I swear my heart skips a beat 10,000 faster than n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter