Mysterious Magic

KO One Re-Live Pt.2

"Are you sure you didn't imagine it?" Jiu Wu asked Yu Yan after she informed him of the earlier event.
"I'm sure!" she exclaimed, "I know my vision wasn't at it's best but I know what I saw!"
"But how is that possible?" Xiao Yu asked from behind a magical screen which prevented him from being affected by his alternate. "How could Da Dong from the past come to our timeline and disappear only after a few seconds?"
"That's what I'd like to know," Yu Yan replied before looking back at the Meng Zhu.

Meng Zhu folded his arms and thought, "First Yu Yan and her sisters suddenly lose their sight, then there's a dimension quake and now Da Dong comes back from the past?" he muttered to himself slowly. He then looked back at the couple, "It's not that I don't believe you, Yu Yan but let's observe the situation for a bit longer and see what else happens. I want to test my theory," he explained.
"But for how long?" Yu Yan questioned, "There was one crash today in the gold dimension, tomorrow there could be more!"
"I know, Yu Yan," Jiu Wu replied, "But we have to wait a bit longer. Also please ask Da Dong where was today and what he was doing."
"What does that have to do with it?" Xiao Yu inquired, "He's been with Lei Ting all day."
"Just ask," Jiu Wu replied, "And about the thing you originally came to me for, I can't say much right now. Please be patient."

Xiao Yu sighed and nodded, "Thank you, Meng Zhu."
"We'll be leaving then," Yu Yan added and Meng Zhu nodded with a smile.
"Bring Fish Two with you next time, okay? I'd love to see her again," Meng Zhu replied with a grin.
Yu Yan rolled her eyes, "You only love to see her because you enjoy tormenting Xiao Yu with the fact that she calls you 'Papa' too!" she exclaimed with a small smile of amusement.
Jiu Wu chuckled, "It's not my fault Yu Er can't tell the different between her father and father's alternate," he remarked, "I won't be surprised if she treats me like her second father when she grows up," he added, smirking at Xiao Yu teasingly.

"Meng Zhu, leave him alone," Yu Yan scolded, "Xiao Yu is her only father."
Jiu Wu released another chuckle, "I'm only joking around with you, Xiao Yu... but I'm sure Gui Gui wouldn't mind if I acted as her father...." he said, playfully.

"Meng Zhu!"

...

"Do you think my father could be behind this?" Yu Yan whispered as she and Xiao Yu strolled through the park.
Xiao Yu sighed and put an arm around his wife, bringing her closer to his warmth, "I don't know. But if he really is still alive, I won't let him hurt you or Yu Er - I promise," he reassured her.
"Why now?" Yu Yan then muttered, "We've been living in peace for so long... why is it being disrupted now?"
"I guess our lives will always be one big adventure," Xiao Yu replied although his tone was emotionless. "Whether that is a good thing or not, I don't know."

Suddenly, Yu Yan stopped. Her eyes had landed on the small patch of dirt in which she had buried her glass eyes and created a memorial for her parents. Over the years, she had grown flowers over it but now she saw that it was completely dug up. Soil and dirt was everywhere and the flowers were sprawled on the ground, trampled.

Immediately, she ran over to it and squatted down before it. A deep hole had been dug hastily and the glass eyes were gone. Quickly, Yu Yan searched the soil with her hands, hoping to find them but they were gone. "My glass eyes are gone," she told Xiao Yu who crouched down beside her.
His eyes widened and he stared at all the mess, "Who could've done this?" he asked.
"And why? My glass eyes aren't valuable...." his wife added slowly.

The couple stared at the crime scene, puzzled and shocked.

...

"Why did you come to me, Ya Se Wang?" Hei Long groaned as he sat across to Ya Se at a table at the Guava High School canteen.
"Duan Chang Ren said you have information about the Time Keeper-" Ya Se was interrupted.
"Time Keeper?" Hei Long repeated before laughing, "Don't listen to my silly brother! Why would I know anything?"


'I figured getting something out of Hei Long wasn't going to be easy,' Ya Se thought before leaning back inhis chair. "Why wouldn't you?" he questioned, "You were once one of the strongest yi neng xing zhes in the Gold Dimension - how could you not know anything about the Time Keeper?"
"So?" Hei Long laughed, "Even if I knew anything, why should I waste my time to tell you? I have my woman waiting for me," he explained. "You should go to your beloved Meng Zhu if you need information."
"I wouldn't have come to you if he told us anything," Ya Se answered, "We're trying to protect this dimension, Hei Long. Please help us."

Hei Long scoffed, "Ya Se Wang, you aren't a young student anymore. You're just a lowly teacher now so just stay in your place. If this dimension really needed protecting, Meng Zhu has an imperial army and dimension guards, doesn't he? Why would he need you and your friends?"
"Because we're the main characters of this fan fiction and we have been since KO One Re-Live Part 1!" Ya Se told him, "And now that a problem has arisen, we - the protagonists - must now solve it!"


The other male huffed and folded his arms, "I'm not even a main character anymore! Why should I - a supporting role - help you?" he sneered.
"You were never a main character," Ya Se remarked under his breath before exhaling. Ya Se then looked him in the eyes, "Hei Long, if I leave you now the readers won't ever see you again in this story. But if you tell me, then you'll have a larger role to play because you'll have more lines!" he exclaimed, trying to persuade him.

Silence then hung between them as Hei Long thought for a moment. A sigh then escaped his lips, "You do seem to have a point, Ya Se Wang," he spoke up, "Fine! I'll tell you everything I know."
"I'm glad you're finally cooperating," Ya Se replied with a smile.

Hei Long sighed reluctantly before returning Ya Se's gaze. "The Time Keeper resides in the 13th dimension and controls the flow of time and the dimension flow," he began, already arousing King Arthur's curiosity.
"13th dimension?" Ya Se repeated, "I thought there were only 12."
"Technically there are. The 13th dimension refers to centre of the circle created by all the dimensions," Hei Long explained, "The dimensions are organised in a circular shape and the space inside the circle is the 13th dimension which is the most convenient space for the Time Keeper to control the flow of all the dimensions,"
"So when the dimension flow is disrupted, the dimensions collide and cause dimension quakes and the area where they overlap becomes a dimension dead zone, right?" Ya Se asked and Hei Long nodded, "But how is the Time Keeper involved in the recent incidents? Ordinary yi neng xing zhe's can disrupt the dimension flow without the Time Keeper losing control of the dimensions."

"Ya Se Wang, the Time Keeper is also in charge of making sure time flows correctly. You'll know if the Time Keeper is in trouble if the past, present and future become mixed up which is probably what my brother noticed," Hei Long told him.
"How is it possible for three different periods of time to get mixed up?" Ya Se asked, "And how would you notice that?"
"The disruption of time is a big and noticeable thing, I'm sure Meng Zhu has already noticed it," he answered, "You should question him, not me. I don't have many answers."

Ya Se nodded and then stood up, "Thank you for your time, Hei Long," he said politely before Hei Long responded with a grunt of acknowledgement.  After that, Ya Se left to teach his class.
 
What Ya Se didn't know was that an old friend had been nearby, eavesdropping on the conversation using a large device in the shape of a white coloured ear and who else would be if it not Jin Bao San?

Yes, Jin Bao San was still a high school student! How old was he now - too many years to count. It seems like our Jin Bao San will forever be a high school student in Zhong Ji Yi Ban; well I guess now Jin Bao San is the most important character in Zhong Ji Yi Ban (Apart from Ya Se Wang of course) just like he had always wanted - only because everyone has graduated from Zhong Ji Yi Ban though :)

Jin Bao San laughed to himself as he took off the large ear. He then stopped laughing, "Wait - what is this all about a Time Keeper? 13th dimension? I don't understand at all," he muttered to himself before there was a sudden bright light in the sky.

Quickly, Jin Bao San turned around and looked up only for his eyes to widen in fear. He saw a bright golden ball of light falling from the sky and on route towards him. Frantically, he threw his eaves dropping device into the air and screamed, "AAAGH! I'M SORRY! IM SORRY ANCESTORS! I DID A BAD DEED AND AM BEING PUNISHED NOW!" He yelled before clasping his hands together in prayer, "I KNOW EAVES DROPPING IS WRONG! I WON'T DO IT AGAIN! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! PLEASE DON'T PUNISH ME-"

Before he could say anything more, he was knocked to the floor by the golden ball of light. As his head hit the floor, the light cleared up revealing a golden key that landed on his face. After a few seconds, he slowly got up and stared at the key that had slipped onto the ground. It was a golden key with its bow curled into a beautiful shape and its bit had a similar design. Along the stem were beautiful intricate designs which immediately screamed that this was no ordinary key. Surrounding it was a fading glow of light and Jin Bao San stared at in amazement. Slowly and cautiously, he tapped it with his finger and then jerked backwards immediately as though it had stung him - nothing happened. When nothing happened, Jin Bao San picked it up and then stood up too.

"What is this and what does it do?" he asked himself before suddenly the end of the key became covered in a few sparks, scaring him. In fear, he held it out away from him, pointing it towards a tree before similar sparks surrounded that tree. Before he knew it, the tree turned into a small plant, perhaps an earlier version of that specific tree.

Another scream of surprise escaped his lips and he ran into the school building, to find Ya Se in Zhong Ji Yi Ban's classroom.

"Ya Se Wang! Ya Se Wang! Ya Se Wang!" he cried hysterically as he ran into the classroom, disrupting the lesson.
Exhaling, Ya Se put down his text book and turned around to see Jin Bao San running in. All eyes were on him. "Jin Bao San! Call me 'teacher'! And why on Earth are you running around screaming like a headless chicken?" he barked, annoyed.
Jin Bao San bent over, panting, "This key!" he exclaimed, pointing it at his old classmate, "It's got some crazy powers!" he continued, causing some of his classmates to sneer at him, mockingly.

Unamused, Ya Se raised a brow and looked at him with disinterest, "Really?" he asked in a blank tone. "I don't have time for your jokes, I have a lesson to teach."
"No! Look! Please believe me!" Jin Bao San yelled, still holding out the key towards Ya Se that was now releasing an excessive amount of sparks. Upon seeing the unusual sparks, King Arthur's eyes widened in shock, "Jin Bao San! What is-" Before he could finish, he became surrounded in similar sparks and in a flash of light Ya Se turned back into his 18 year old self.

Everyone gasped in shock at the sight of their now younger teacher. Obvious anger bubbled on Ya Se's face as he glared at Jin Bao San.

"JIN BAO SAAAAAAAAN!"