Zhong Ji Da Xue

KO One Re-Live Pt.2

"Yu Yan Jie, we're starting to get a lot of customers lately, especially in the morning," Qiu Qiu commented as she helped Yu Yan in her bakery because she was employed there.

Yu Yan, who was wearing a pair of black sunglasses to protect her eyes, nodded as she unloaded a tray of bagels from the oven [A/N: idk how bagels are made, if they're not made in the oven then WHOOPSIE :)]. "The school semester is starting again and KO Street is always busy with people," she explained, turning to Qiu Qiu who had just sold some bagels to some students. "More people will want to buy breakfast and treats in the morning," she added.

Qiu Qiu nodded and then looked up at the clock on the wall. "Ah, Yu Yan Jie, class is about to start!" she exclaimed, pulling off her apron and dusting her hands.
Yu Yan showed her a small smile, "Go on, don't be late for your first classes. I can manage here alone," she said and Qiu Qiu nodded.
"Then I'll be going then," Qiu Qiu responded and Yu Yan nodded as she handed her a paper bag with bagels inside.
"Make sure you share these with Gu Zhan and Zhi Ge," instructed Yu Yan, "Gu Zhan's one is the unsweetened one, I know how he doesn't like sweet things."

Qiu Qiu beamed at the older woman, "I will, thanks Yu Yan Jie!" Qiu Qiu then hurried out of the bakery, excitedly.

Yu Yan watched the younger girl leave through the door. When she opened the door to leave, a bright ray of sunlight snuck in and shone on Yu Yan's face. Slowly, she took off the sunglasses, closed her eyes and felt the sun's warmth like how she used to when she was still a student of Zhong Ji Yi Ban. Usually, the sun would reassure her with its warm embrace and make her smile, but this time the young lady frowned. She didn't want to leave this light and so she was still afraid and in a dampened mood since her blindness had returned two nights ago.

"Miss, can you hear me?"

Yu Yan blinked when the voice brought her out of her daze. She looked over the counter and saw that a few customers had entered and were standing there impatiently.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" she asked.
"I'd like four cheese bagels please," the man told her, irritated.
Yu Yan then looked over at a group of students who were also there. "What would you like?" she asked.
"A bag of your KO Cookies, please," a girl spoke up and Yu Yan nodded before putting her sunglasses back on and continuing with her work.

...

Qiu Qiu was on her way to college that morning. She and her classmates had graduated from Zhong Ji Yi Ban and now attended Zhong Ji Da Xue/Ultimate College, which was founded by Ya Se Wang the previous year.

Wang Ya Se had wanted to give yi neng xing zhes another route in education so with the help of Jiu Wu and Gou Gou, he had set up a college that would teach the youths about yi neng, its history, spells and martial arts in general. He knew that only those with connections to the people in the 'Yi Neng Hall of Fame,' such as Jiu Wu, officials like Selina and Ella or alternate counterparts, were more likely to go down the path of yi neng and receive special training from Meng Zhu. Therefore, he wanted people to have fairer opportunities. There were also different courses that separated the students and prepared them for employment in the mortal world or in the yi neng world. Currently, Qiu Qiu was studying teaching whereas Gu Zhan and Zhi Ge were on the dimensional guards course.

Surprisingly, lots of yi neng xing zhes from across the country had enrolled at Zhong Ji Da Xue, making Ya Se's project a success. Although he was one of the founders of the college, he remained as a teacher at Guava High School, with a mission to set delinquents straight and prepare them for college.

"Qiu Qiu!"

A smile formed on Qiu Qiu's voice when she saw Gu Zhan and Zhi Ge waiting for her at the top of the hill, standing at the entrance of the college.

"Zhan! Xiao Ge!" she beamed as she ran over to them. "I have your breakfast!" she exclaimed as she handed out the bagels to her friends"Wait, Qiu Qiu, we have a surprise for you," Zhi Ge interrupted. He looked over at Zhan who smirked.
"A surprise?" she asked and the two boys nodded.

At that moment, the two boys stepped apart, revealing a petite girl with long black hair behind them.

Instantly, Qiu Qiu's grin widened. "Yan Yan!" she squealed, throwing her arms around her. "This is great! Why are you suddenly back?" she inquired curiously and eagerly.
Yan Yan returned her hug before smiling at her, "My parents wanted me to study on the path of yi neng and since this is the only college that can offer me that, they decided to transfer me back," she explained.
"Wow, we're so lucky," Qiu Qiu replied, "The four of us are reunited - this is going to be so much fun," she giggled.

"Yan Yan, what course are you on?" Zhi Ge asked as he munched on a bagel.
"I'm studying how to become a main character and how not to get written off by scriptwriters," she responded with a chuckle.
Qiu Qiu giggled, "How can the scriptwriters write off such a cute character like you?" she questioned, sharing her bagel with her.
"We'll all get written off one day and that's the sad truth," Gu Zhan muttered sadly, "So that's why you have to work hard, Yan Yan! You'll get your desired amount of screentime one day! Jia You!"
"Fahrenheit might have been written off, but we won't be! We'll continue their legacy!" Zhi Ge exclaimed, excitedly.

Zhan laughed ruffled his hair. "Come on, let's get to class. I heard your favourite teacher, Cai Yun Han, will be one of our professors," he replied, turning to enter the building.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to stay here," Yan Yan spoke up and Qiu Qiu gave her a puzzled look. "I'm waiting for someone," she added.
"Who?" Zhan asked.
"My cousin and her friend are also starting here," Yan Yan explained.
"Then we'll wait with you," Qiu Qiu suggested with a smile, "We can make new friends."
Yan Yan nodded in agreement and as if on cue, two girls came up from the bottom of the hill.

"Yan Yan!"  one of the girls (Played by A'N'D Cosmos) called, with her arm linked around the arm of her friend (Played by Lyan Cheng).
"Shen Ling," Yan Yan replied in acknowledgement.

Shen Ling smiled and bowed her head politely in front of Qiu Qiu, Gu Zhan and Zhi Ge. "Hello, I'm Li Shen Ling," she introduced herself and then gestured to her friend, "She's my friend, Cui Han Ying."
Han Ying smiled, "Nice to meet you all, you must be friends of Yan Yan."
Qiu Qiu nodded, "We'll all be classmates and friends, I hope, from now on. I'm Qiu Qiu, this is Gu Zhan and that's Zhi Ge," she said and Shen Ling smiled.
"Of course we can be friends," she exclaimed, "Please take care of us!"

As the five of them entered the building, they conversed with each other. They found out that Shen Ling and Han Ying were from the outskirts of Taiwan and had attended Black Pudding High School.

That was how their first days of college began, though it wasn't going to be as peaceful as they had hoped it would be.

...

Xiao Yu and Tian Mo Xing were buried within hundreds and hundreds of books in the Iron Imperial Ancient Archives where they were researching information that could possibly help them with Yu Yan's situation.

Xiao Yu groaned as he punched the table in frustration. "We're not getting anywhere!" he complained, tired and exhausted.
Tian Mo Xing sighed in agreement and closed a book she was reading, "But we still have to keep trying. The only medical reason we have for her situation is that the yi neng is losing effect and the nerves in her eyes are starting to die, rendering her eyes ineffective," she explained, "And we all know it's not that simple."
"I hope Da Dong and Ya Se are having much more success than us," muttered Xiao Yu, "Jiu Wu and Gou Gou must have some knowledge about this."
"We should give them a call," his teammate suggested as she brought out an Ai Phone 11.2 XXXYZ.

Yawning, Xiao Yu watched her dial Ya Se's number and then listened to the soft ringing of the phone. In a few seconds, the call was answered and a hologram of Ya Se's face came out of the phone. His face brightened up in hope. "Ya Se, did you find anything?" he asked, sitting up to look at him.
Ya Se sighed regretfully, before giving him an apologetic smile. "There's not much explanation from either Meng Zhus," he explained.
Tian Mo Xing noticed how Xiao Yu deflated and frowned. "Are you sure they don't know anything? I'm sure they do, they must know some causes!" she exclaimed but Ya Se shrugged slowly.
"Yu Yan has been the only case since she has been the only to get artificial eyes," he responded, "The only logical explanation is the medical one."

"There's no way it's just that," retorted Xiao Yu, "This all happened because of that dream and science can't explain that," he added.
"If they do know anything, they've chosen not to say anything," came Ya Se's response.
"So where's Da Dong? I don't see him with you," Tian Mo Xing pointed out.
"Ah, Egomaniac and I were caught in a dimension quake when we were crossing dimensions so he was called back by Jiu Wu Meng Zhu for dimensional guard duties," he explained.
"A dimensional quake? Did something happen to the flow of dimensions?" Tian Mo Xing inquired.
Ya Se nodded, "I suppose so," he said.
"But why was Da Dong called back when he is on holiday? There are so many dimension guards that can assess the situation, why him?" asked Xiao Yu.

Ya Se didn't response for he didn't really have an answer so silence hung between them. Suddenly, Tian Mo Xing burst out.

"What if your dream has something to do with the disruption in the Dimension flow?" she asked with a firm gaze, "Meng Zhu must have known it was related to you and so called Da Dong in an emergency - there must be some sort of problem!" she gasped with worry on her face.
Ya Se and Xiao Yu exchanged glances of alarm. "Do you really think that's the case?" Ya Se wondered slowly.
"When has Mo Xing ever been wrong with her predictions?" questioned Xiao Yu, "Jin Xiao Xing is (Gold Little Star) is famous in our dimension for her predictions for a reason."

'Jin Xiao Xing' was Tian Mo Xing's nickname for being an accurate predictor of certain events in the Gold Dimension. Although she was an yi neng doctor, she was very intelligent and was able to guess future happenings - though it did require extreme deep thinking and analysis of several factors.

"If that really has happened, then we should wait for Da Dong to return," she said and the other two nodded in agreement.

And so they waited for any news from their friend.