Unfolding Problems

KO One Re-Live Pt.2

Da Dong stood in the gold dimension's prison for the most dangerous criminals. A cold shudder ran down his spine as he stared at all the rusty and scary faces contained behind the thick metal bars. He turned around to look at Selina who was escorting him with Gou Gou sitting on a cushion in her arms.

"Sameena, why did you bring me here?" he inquired.
"It's SELINA, Wang Da Dong! Will you always get my name wrong?" she exclaimed in response before sighing, realising that he would never. Da Dong only smirked at her proudly, as though getting someone's name wrong for the past 10 years was a real achievement - well, technically it was, but not a good one.

"I'm sorry to have disturbed you on your holiday, Wang Da Dong, but I must show you someone, or rather some people," Gou Gou explained from his cushion. He then looked up at Selina, "Selina, please take us to them."
Selina nodded and then proceeded to walk down the long prison. Wang Da Dong followed behind her silently, feeling uncomfortable from the sinister air around him.

"Here we are," Selina announced, stopping infront of a group of cells that were separated on either side of them. Da Dong's eyes widened when he realised who sat in these cells. "Yu Tong, Tang, Jing?" he exclaimed in surprised, gaining their attention.
Yu Tong snarled at him like an animal and glared at him. The three girls had grown up in the prison and although they were clones of Yu Yan, they each had more distinctive features now as they all had some sort of defect in them.

"Why did you bring me here?" Da Dong asked in a slight hostile tone, "I don't want to see them."
Selina inahled before looking him in the eye, "Just like Yu Yan, they also experienced temporary blindness," she revealed, making Da Dong's eyes widen.

...

 

Qiu Qiu yawned as she stretched her arms. She was seated at a table outside with her friends. "Ahhhh, that lecture was so long!" she complained, "I'm not used to taking notes at all," she added in a mutter.
Zhi Ge smiled at her as he unpacked his lunch box, "That's because you lived an easy life in Zhong Ji Yi Ban," he commented, "Now that we're on different courses, I can't share all my notes with you."
Gu Zhan smirked and swung an arm around his best friend's shoulders, "You can always share them with me though," he replied with a wink.

Shen Ling, who was sitting with them as well as Han Ying, laughed, "Qiu Qiu, I can help you with notes. Even though we might be on different courses, they all make general yi neng studies compulsory so I can help you there," she offered which brightened up Qiu Qiu's face.
"Really?!" she asked excitedly and the other girl nodded, "Thank you so much!"
Zhan rolled his eyes, "Li Shen Ling, don't spoil my girlfriend like that. She needs to be independent," he scolded playfully.
"But you're the one who's copying from Xiao Ge," Yan Yan pointed out.
Zhan pouted at her, "Yan Yan, who's side are you on?" he questioned.
"Qiu Qiu's of course," she responded proudly.
"Yay!" Qiu Qiu beamed as she hugged the petite girl before sticking her tongue out at her boyfriend.

Zhi Ge sighed with a smile before sliding Zhan a bento box, "Zhan, I made your favourite bento today," he said.
"Woah, Zhi Ge, you make lunch for Gu Zhan?" Han Ying asked in surprise, "Shouldn't it be Qiu Qiu since she's his girlfriend?"
Qiu Qiu snorted, "Han Ying, what are you talking about? Everyone knows Zhan and Xiao Ge are a couple," she commented, causing her to gasp.
"Really?" she exclaimed and her hands flew to , "So you two are a couple?"
A chuckle left Gu Zhan's lips and he held up his hand that was connected to Zhi Ge's, "Xiao Ge loves me," he answered.


"Oh my god! Doesn't this call for a fanfiction?" Han Ying squealed earning a smile for Yan Yan.
"Yan Yan, that Gu Zhan x Zhi Ge fanfiction that we read in Zhong Ji Yi Ban might get a sequel now!" Qiu Qiu chimed, bubbling.
Before Yan Yan could say anything, Gu Zhan violently Zhi Ge's hand away from him and scowled, "I thought I burned all those nasty books!" he exclaimed.
Yan Yan snickered, "You thought, Zhan," she she replied.


At this statement, Zhan noticed the mischief flash in her eyes and his eyes widened and he stood up abruptly, "Where did you put the other copies of those books?" he asked.
"Okay, Gu Zhan calm down," Shen Ling giggled, "I'm sure they don't exist," she reassured him before leaning into her cousin's ear, "If you're not reading them, can I have a read?" Silently, Yan Yan nodded with a smile which Shen Ling returned.
An angry tick mark appeared on Zhan's forehead and he sat back down with a huff.

Giggling, Qiu Qiu reached into her back and brought out a paper bag filled with delicious smelling cookies, "Zhan, we're only kidding," she told him, 'I'm not kidding,' she corrected in her mind. "Yu Yan Jie gave me some of her cookies from her store, we should share them," she said, offering them to her friends.
"Yay! Yu Yan Jie bakes the best cookies in all of Taiwan!" Zhi Ge cheered as he grabbed a handful of cookies from the bag.
Upon hearing her name, Shen Ling's facial features tensed and her smile fell. "Yu Yan Jie?" she repeated.
Qiu Qiu nodded, "Yu Yan Jie is the sister of one of our classmates, Wang Da Dong. She makes the best treats in the whole world!" she exclaimed dreamily with drool slipping out between the corner of her lips.
"Wang Da Dong?" Han Ying repeated and Gu Zhan nodded.
"I'm sure you've heard of him, he's history's strongest highschooler," he explained.
"Oh yes, everyone knows him," Shen Ling replied.
Qiu Qiu nodded, passing the cookies around, "Yan Yan, Shen Ling, Han Ying, you have to try these cookies. Zhan doesn't like sweet things but if it's made by Yu Yan Jie, he'll eat the whole lot!" she told them, ending in laughter. "You wilk definitely like them! Also, I can take you to her shop later, you can try all of her other delicious treats."

Yan Yan took a bite of the cookie and smiled, "It's delicious," she commented, earning a wide beam from Qiu Qiu, "It's not an exaggeration," she added.
"Oh wow! Qiu Qiu, these are so heavenly!" squeaked Han Ying with several cookies already stuffed into .
"Hey, leave some for us!" Zhi Ge exclaimed as he pulled on the bag.
Zhan held the other side and tugged it towards him, "No way! Xiao Ge, you're going to get fat so let me just eat these for you," he retorted.
Yan Yan giggled at her friends, "They've become much livelier," she said, turning to Qiu Qiu.
Qiu Qiu nodded, "I'm glad. It's much more fun like this and I'm glad you're back, Yan Yan," she admitted with a smile.

Qiu Qiu looked back at her boyfriend and his friend arguing over the cookies. She was then shocked when Han Ying joined in their tug of war, causing Qiu Qiu to sweatdrop.

"Stop!" she shouted sternly before putting some coupons on the table, "Stop fighting when I have coupons for you all!" she exclaimed, earning their attention. When she had their undivided attention, she exhaled. "Since I work there, Yu Yan Jie gave me some 50% off coupons to give to you all!" she informed them, "So help yourself to the coupons and stop arguing." she crossed her arms and put on a strict face. When her friends started sharing out the coupons, leaving the bag of cookies unattended, she smirked. Quickly, she dove forwards and grabbed the bag of cookies, "HA!" she laughed before turning on her heel to run away with the cookies.

"Qiu Qiu! That's not fair at all!" Gu Zhan cried after her.

...

The sun was beginning to set and Yu Yan was just dealing with the last of her customers before she closed the bakery for the day. She took off her sunglasses and placed it on the counter, blinking continuously. She was tired. She rubbed her eyes but her vision was blurred and was beginning to darken. "Where are those stupid pills?" she muttered, feeling around for the small jar of pills.

When she found them, she sighed in relief as her vision was too blurry to even make out vivid images. The world outside was getting darker but so was her vision. However, unlike the world outside, no sun would rise in her eyes - and that scared her. Yu Er was fast asleep in the room in the back of the shop and Yu Yan wanted to see her and take her home quickly. She also wanted to see Xiao Yu and have a peaceful dinner together with her family and cats but this ever present darkness that was starting to creep up on her, left her unsettled.

As soon as she unscrewed the lid of the jar, a loud thud from Yu Er's room caused the glass jar to slip through her fingers and shatter the moment it hit the floor. All the pills rained down on the floor and scattered like the beads from the bracelet she had broken back in KO One Re-Live. Her blood ran cold and the only words on her lips was the name of her daughter, "Yu Er."

Immediately, she rushed into her room to hear Yu Er crying in her cot. Although Yu Yan's vision was fading, she could make out the body of a figure who had burst in through the window. Before she did anything, she used her super speed to rush to Yu Er's side and quickly pull the child into her arms. She then turned around and hissed at the intruder.

The disguised intruder smirked. "Jiang. Yu. Yan." they spoke coldly but in mischief, "Oh wait, I should say: Ding. Yu. Yan." they corrected, slyly.
Yu Yan glowed with yi neng and she stood a step back to protect her crying baby, "Who the hell are you and what do you want?!" she spat angrily, "How dare you tresspass into my shop and scare my child?!" she snarled.
The figure just laughed, "Of course it's to end you when you're at your weakest," they sang in response.

Yu Yan scowled and held Yu Er close to her, "I'll give you three seconds to leave or I'll be the one to end you," she spat in a threatening tone.
The intruder laughed, "Really? In your half blind state?" they questioned in disbelief as they lifted up a sphere of gold yi neng in their palm. "What are you going to do?" they laughed as they threw the sphere randomly in the room, destroying the furniture. Before he or she could destroy anything more, Yu Yan jumped into the air and slammed her foot into the intruder's stomach.

Yu Yan retreated backwards a few steps, 'I can't be too rash, I have to make sure Yu Er doesn't get hurt,' she thought as she listened to the intruder burst out through the door and into the bakery as a result of her attack. 

"I have to end this quickly..." she muttered, following after them.