Living in Peace (For Now)

KO One Re-Live Pt.2

"Thank you so much, Shen Ling, Yan Yan!" Qiu Qiu beamed as she looked through the plastic bag of treats they had brought back from Yu Yan. The group were currently having their lunch outside.

"No problem," Shen Ling smiled as she gave a cupcake to Han Ying.
"I never knew Duan Chang Ren could make such nice cookies," Gu Zhan commented as he snapped a cookie in half.
"These are from Yu Yan Jie," Yan Yan informed him, surprising Qiu Qiu.
"Yu Yan Jie? But I thought her shop was destroyed?" she asked, puzzled.
"Her shop seemed fine when we went there," Shen Ling told her, "Everything was new and fresh."

Gu Zhan and Qiu Qiu exchanged suspicious looks. "How did she repair everything so quickly?" Zhan inquired, "We saw what a huge mess was created." Qiu Qiu could only nod in agreement slowly.
"Maybe Classmate Wang and their friends helped her out?" Zhi Ge guessed but Yan Yan shook her head.
"They were all at Duan Chang Ren's stall," she told him.
"Oh well, I can ask Yu Yan Jie later," Qiu Qiu spoke up, "Plus King is returning today from her holiday, let's not have anything for her to worry about when she comes back."

"King?" Han Ying repeated, "Who's that?"
"Our friend, Lei Ting," Zhan explained.
"Should we pick her up from the airpot after college is over?" Zhi Ge asked.
"No way," Zhan responded instantly, "That's Wang Da Dong's job," he explained, "We should give them some alone time. We can see her tomorrow."
"But I want to see her!" Zhi Ge whined, "Can't I see a friend?"
"Xiao Ge, we all missed her," Qiu Qiu pointed out, "But I'm sure Classmate Wang is the person she wants to see most right now. He's been so busy with his work lately that they haven't seen each other much," she argued softly.
Zhi Ge pouted, "Fine..." he grumbled.
"You'll understand when you get yourself a girlfriend," Zhan chuckled.

Well... meanwhile...

"Wang Da Dong!" Lei Ting screamed angrily as she stared at her boyfriend who hopped onto his motorbike, "How do you expect me to ride with you when I have all this luggage?!" she exclaimed, annoyed. "And I don't want to ride your motorcycle right now! I feel tired! I want to rest in the comfortable back seat of a car!"

Da Dong showed her a sheepish smile - well he messed up again. "I didn't think about that..." he muttered before getting cut off.
"Of course you didn't!" Lei Ting snapped, "When do you ever think?" She crossed her arms and glared at him from the pavement.
"I'm sorry, Lei Ting," Da Dong replied softly, "I just wanted to spend some time with you as soon as you returned..." Her glare caused him to trail off and he looked away from her.
His response made her face soften and she sighed in defeat, "Well what can I expect from History's Stupidest Highschooler?" she muttered quietly. She then exhaled and looked up at him, "Call Butler Sun over here," she told him firmly.

Da Dong turned to meet her gaze, "You don't want me to take you home?" he asked her before getting out his phone.
"It's for my suitcase and bags, stupid," she replied as she rolled her eyes with a small smile. "He can take my stuff home whilst you take me around Taipei," she informed him, causing a smile to grow on Da Dong's face.
"Really? You're not mad at me?" Da Dong questioned, unable to hold back his grin.
Smiling back at him, Lei Ting leaned forwards and planted a kiss on his cheek before blushing and climbing onto the back of Da Dong's motorcycle.

Da Dong felt his heart flutter, causing him to smile widely.
"Buy me lunch too," Lei Ting ordered with a smile, "And then I'll forgive you."
"Yes, sir!" Da Dong exclaimed, saluting, "I mean, Ma'am!"
Giggling, Lei Ting hit his shoulder lightly, "It's 'King'!" she corrected.
"Yes, my Queen!" Da Dong beamed instead, grabbing her hands and putting them around his waist, "Hold on tight, your Highness!"
Lei Ting smiled and wrapped her hands around his waist, leaning her head against the back of his shoulder, before the two set off on a long drive around the city.

...

"Doesn't Papa play so well, Yu Er?" Yu Yan gushed as she clapped Yu Er's hands together as the infant sat in her lap. The two were at home, listening to Xiao Yu play the piano and just enjoying the peaceful moment between their family. Yu Yan was sat beside Xiao Yu at their piano.

Yu Er giggled and blew raspberries excitedly, causing Xiao Yu to chuckle at his adorable little daughter. "Yu Er likes this song, doesn't she?" he cooed with a smile.
"And so does Mama," Yu Yan added before Yu Er started hitting the keys with her hands excitedly. "Aww, she's an expert pianist already," she commented, listening to the random sounds the baby was producing.
"Like father like daughter," Xiao Yu pointed out with a playful smirk.
"Hey, she's more like me than like you," Yu Yan retorted.
"No way! She has my nose and eyes! She can also play piano!" Xiao Yu defended.
"Please, Little Fish! She's a splitting image of me! Where do you see your nose on her?" his wife questioned.
"Fine, let's ask Yu Er who she's most like!" The King of Endurance suggested, making Yu Yan roll her eyes.
"Yu Er can't even talk properly!" she replied, "What is she even going to say?!"

Xiao Yu lifted his hands off the piano and turned to Yu Er with a serious look. "Ding Yu Er! Who are you most like? Mama or Papa?" he asked her seriously.
The two adults stared at the baby with anticipating gazes but Yu Er just stared at them innocently. Suddenly, she started laughing and clapping her hands, "Didi!" she bubbled.
Chuckling, Xiao Yu pat her head, "Hey, you don't have a little brother just yet!" he said.
Yu Yan scoffed, "Just yet?" she repeated, "What do you plan to do, eh?" she questioned jokingly until Xiao Yu smirked.

With a teasing smirk, Ding Xiao Yu leaned forwards towards Yu Yan who leaned back with a growing blush. "What are you doing?" she hissed at him.
"Yu Er said she wants a brother~" he whispered playfully in a sing song tone.
"Not now! Not here!" Yu Er exclaimed before Xiao Yu gave her a quick peck on her lips.
"No one's here," was his soft and gentle reply.
"Yu Er is here!" she denied, pushing him back with her hand.

Xiao Yu then erupted into laughter at the sight of his wife's pink face. "You're still so shy as ever, wifey," he teased, causing her to smack his arm lightly.
She puffed out her cheeks in embarassment and stood up. "I'm going to kill Ya Se for turning you into a... a..." she paused, unable to find a word.
"Hearthrob?" Xiao Yu finished with a innocent smile.
"In your dreams!" retorted Yu Yan, still blushing. "Besides... you don't need to learn anything from Ya Se. You've always made my heart throb..." she mumbled in an almost inaudible whisper.


Xiao Yu smiled.


Quickly, Yu Yan turned her back to her husband with Yu Er in her arms. She cleared before speaking up, "I'm taking Yu Er to Wu Xiong's, we'll go visit Meng Zhu when I return."

Xiao Yu only nodded as he watched his wife leave still smiling.

...


"Yu Er, say 'bye bye' to Mama!" Wu Xiong cooed as she held the baby in her arms at the doorway of her nursery. Yu Yan stood by them, turning to leave.
"Baai bai mama!" Yu Er replied as she moved her hand as though trying to wave.
"Bye Fish Two!" Yu Yan gushed with a smile before turning back to Wu Xiong, "I'll be back soon. Thanks a lot, Wu Xiong."
Wu Xiong gave her a smile, "Take your time," she reassured her before Yu Yan left.

Yu Yan was walking down the busy streets when her eyes started to cloud. She blinked several times but her vision only cleared for a second or two before her vision dimmed. "Not right now," she cursed under her breath, rubbing her eyes, "I don't have any pills with me," she added with a quiet grumble. She sighed and looked up at the sky which was still bright due to the fully risen sun. 'It's still daylight, I should be fine without any pills for the next few hours,' she concluded in her mind before stepping out onto the road and onto the zebra crossing.

She swore she had looked both ways before crossing but how did she miss a vehicle as fast as a motorcycle approaching? Even if she hadn't seen or heard it, surely she would have felt it with her echolocation at least, right...?

But Yu Yan only noticed it when its bright white headlights almost blinded her.

But it was too late.

She was already in its path and it was inches away from her. The moment she turned to look at the dark blue vehicle, it was already an inch away from her, so close that she expected an impact.

Time seemed to slow down as Yu Yan absorbed what she thought would be her last moments. Her breath was caught in , her eyes were wide open and her heart skipped a beat. When time resumed again, she shut her eyes quickly only to feel a weird sensation go through her body.  When she opened her eyes again, she her heel to see that the motorbike had gone straight through her and that the driver was yelling back at her.

"Watch where you're going, lady!" he sneered before he and the motorbike just vanished before her eyes in the distance.

That voice - "Wang Da Dong...?" Yu Yan whispered in shock at the familiarity of that voice. She knew it was him. She would never mistake her brother's voice... But how could that reckless driver have been him? 'And why did he disappear?' she asked herself, 'I'm so sure I didn't imagine it... it felt too real...' she added in her mind. Once Yu Yan had reached the other side of the road, she closed her eyes and tried to recall those last few moments.

She focused on the details of that memory. Blue motorcycle. Teenage boy wearing a dark blue uniform. Dark brown hair with strips of gold. Wang Da Dong's voice.

It was indeed Wang Da Dong.

'But he's with Lei Ting... how could that have been him? There's no way... that was him from over 10 years ago...' Yu Yan's thoughts didn't make sense, 'I didn't dream that right? My eyes weren't playing tricks on me right?' Yu Yan looked over at the distance where that motorcycle had driven off to and then diappeared.

Suddenly, there was a loud commotion down the opposite end of the road which sparked Yu Yan's interest. She quickly hurried over to see three cars that had collided into each other with their drivers and other people yelling at each other. There were two police officers at the scene as well.

"I'm telling you it wasn't my fault! I only swerved to avoid getting hit by that stupid motorcyclist!" One man yelled.
"But then you crashed into me! That is your fault!" A woman yelled back.
"It's both of your faults! Because of you I crashed as well! There was no motorcyclist - just admit that you were drink driving!" The third driver exclaimed.
"I told you I am not intoxicated! One drink is nothing!" The first guy shot back.

The first officer cleared his throat and spoke up, "Drink driving is an offence. You must take responsibility after our cameras show no evidence of this motorcyclist you have described," he said.
"But officer, there really was a kid on a bike!" the first driver snapped in annoyance.
"You were hallucinating, old man! Just admit it!" The woman barked.

The group of people then continued to argue as Yu Yan hurried past their little circle. She heard what she needed to hear: Da Dong from the past had appeared in the form of some sort of ghost. He wasn't picked up by CCTV or traffic cameras and also disappeared. 

"I have to find Meng Zhu quickly," muttered Yu Yan as she hurried home.