Just The Beginning (Literally)

KO One Re-Live Pt.2

"Her blindness was only temporary," Tian Mo Xing explained to her teammate, "But I'm afraid it will return to her eventually. It can, however, be slowed down if she continues to take these special pills every day."
Xiao Yu nodded as he glanced over at his wife who was playing with Yu Er in the garden. A sigh escaped his lips as he ran a hand through his hair, "Why did her blindess suddenly come back?" he inquired, "Her eyes haven't failed for over ten years now."

"Her eyes may be made out of real cells but a huge amount of yi neng has been used to repair her optic nerve and stop her eyes from being rejected. Her eyes are essentially made out of yi neng and for her blindess to suddenly come back, probably means that something has happened to the supply of yi neng or its supplier," Tian Mo Xing continued to explain as she met his gaze.
He cast his eyes down before looking over at Yu Yan again. "Wu Geng Lin is no more, if what you said is correct then she should have lost her sight ten years ago," he replied.
"Unless he has still been alive all these years," Tian Mo Xing pointed, causing worry to spread across Xiao Yu's face.
"Do you think it's possible?" he asked with widened eyes.
Tian Mo Xing put her hands in her pockets, "It's not impossible to survive in the Dimension Seams," she confessed as she looked him in the eye, "You know what he's capabale of. You know that if he's still alive, he can do that."

A shiver ran down Xiao Yu's spine and he averted his gaze. "I don't want to believe that," he muttered in response, "Is there no other possible cause for her blindness returning?"
Tian Mo Xing pressed her lips into a tight line and she thought for a moment. "I could have a look in the old documents at the Ancient Tomb Hospital," she offered and Xiao Yu nodded.
"Please," he replied and she smiled at him. "I should have studied more about blindness when I was still training," he muttered, "Sorry to trouble you."
His teammate shook her head, smiling, "It's no problem, Ah Yu," she replied before putting a hand on his shoulder, "It's what friends do."

Xiao Yu nodded with a smile, "Then I won't see you off," he told her and she nodded.
"See you later," she said before exiting.

Once she had left, Xiao Yu entered the garden and approached Yu Yan who was sitting on the grass with Yu Er. A small smile was on her face but Xiao Yu could see the unease chipping away at it. Yu Yan didn't say anything as he sat down beside her and looked at her. Her eyes were distant and were in a daze.

"Da da!" Yu Er giggled with a brightened face. She clapped her hands playfully, wanting to play with her parents who were her best friends. Her toothy grin and innocence made both parents hurt on the inside because she was still so young and didn't understand what was going on. A chuckle escaped Xiao Yu's lips to try and ease the uncomfortable air and he took Yu Er into his lap, her head.

"How do you feel, Yu Yan?" he finally broke the ice between them.
"Don't worry about me, I'm fine," came her low and distant response.
Xiao Yu stopped playing with Yu Er and let her crawl around. He then turned to face his wife with a small exhale. "Tian Mo Xing said..." he trailed off, not knowing whether it was the right time to tell her.
"That my blindness will return," she finished, watching Xiao Yu look at her in surprise. "I have good hearing," she reminded him with a small smile.
"Then did you also hear about..." the King of Endurance's words faltered again - he didn't want to bring up someone who had hurt her in the past.
"My father could still be alive," she muttered, "I heard everything, Little Fish," she told him, still speaking it a quiet and emotionless voice.

Ding Xiao Yu swallowed; he didn't know what to say at that moment, words were tied in his mind and he didn't know which were the right ones to say. Suddenly, he felt a hand slip into his own and a wavering whisper just barely enter his ears.

"Little Fish, I'm scared."

It was then that Xiao Yu felt her hand shake in his and his heart felt as though it was being squeezed. He couldn't let her be afraid. He wouldn't.

Squeezing her hand and caressing her cheek, he met her glassy eyes, "I'll protect you. You and our baby. I won't let him touch this family," he told her in a quiet but firm voice.
"That's not what I'm afraid of," she muttered, "If we defeated him before, we can do it again. What scares me is not seeing you all ever again," she whispered in a pained tone. "I want to see our baby grow up. I want to see her beautiful face when she starts school; I want to see her when she starts learning martial arts; I want to see her when she gets herself a boyfriend, a job, marries, has a child of her own..." She cast her gaze over their child who was happily playing with a small daisy she had picked from the grass. "I don't like the darkness, especially now that I have things I want to witness and see. Yes, my echolocation is still as good as it was 10 years ago, but I want to be able to see and share moments with everyone. Losing my sight would feel like I've lost you all, my family and my friends."

By this point, tears had already pooled in Xiao Yu's eyes. Quickly, he pulled her into a hug and buried his head into her hair. He held onto her tightly. "I won't let you leave the light. I promise I'll find a way to get rid of that darkness - I promise I'll find a way to stop you falling into that abyss," he vowed confidently, blinking back his tears.

"You mean, 'We'll find a way'!" Da Dong's voice echoed in the air and the two parents turned around to see Da Dong and Ya Se standing at the door to the garden.

"Ge..." Yu Yan mumbled as she looked up at her brother who approached them.
"We're in this together, Yu Yan. We always have been and always will be," Ya Se added with a grin. A smile curled onto Yu Yan's lips as her two brothers sat down next to them on the grass.
"There's no way we'd let you fall into that abyss, mei!" Da Dong added, putting an arm around her. "If you fall into it then we'll all jump in with you!"
Ya Se sweat dropped, "Egomaniac, we don't want anyone to fall into the abyss!" he scolded.

"Did you have that dream about our wedding too?" Xiao Yu asked and Ya Se nodded.
"The four of us had the same dream?" Da Dong asked and Yu Yan nodded.
"It seems so," she replied.
"That makes sense as to why it felt different this time; usually you and Ya Se would disappear too," Xiao Yu explained.
"Why did we have the same dream though? And why did it cause Yu Yan to lose her sight?" History's strongest highschooler wondered as he picked up Yu Er who toddled over to him.
"It must be a sign," Ya Se concluded, "And the four of us are involved."

"I've already asked Tian Mo Xing to look up possible causes for her blindness, but she also said that it could have something to do with Wu Geng Lin," Xiao Yu informed them, making their faces fall.
"I thought he died," Ya Se responded bluntly, "How could he have survived all this time?"
"And how would he able to affect Yu Yan's sight?" Da Dong added.
"Xiao Yan and I are just as curious as you are," responded Xiao Yu in a mutter, "It might be a while till we get some answers."
A sigh escaped Yu Yan's lips as she blinked several times when her vision blurred.

"I'll take a break from my dimensional guard duties and Narcissist can take a break from his teaching," Da Dong announced, "And you should take a break from you doctor duties," he instructed sternly, facing Xiao Yu.
"Why?" was his response.
"Because the four of us will team up again and get ourselves the answers we want," answered Da Dong with a smirk.

Da Dong's smirk spread to Ya Se who let out a small chuckle. "It feels like we're back in Zhong Ji Yi Ban again," he commented, feeling nostalgic and knowing that when Da Dong focused on doing one thing, he'd absolutely get it done and ignore everything else.
Nodding, Xiao Yu agreed. "We haven't spent much time together these past ten years but now we can work together again," he said, smiling.
Yu Yan scoffed with a fluttering but grateful heart, "Did we even work together back then?" she laughed as Da Dong rolled his eyes.
"Of course we did! Don't ruin the moment, Yu Yan," Da Dong pouted, making Yu Yan to roll her eyes this time.
"Whatever, stupid Golden Monkey!" she sneered playfully.
Ya Se shared their smiles too, happy that his friends were still the same people they were back then. With care, he ruffled Yu Yan's hair, "I have the perfect quote for this exact situation!" he beamed.

Immediately, Xiao Yu, Yu Yan and Da Dong looked at each other in horror when the classical music began to play.

"Shakespeare said-"

"Be quiet!" Da Dong yelled, knocking over the violinist who was playing behind the camera man. In the rush, the cameraman was knocked over too, making the camera hit the floor and record the grass instead.

"Wang Da Dong!" Ya Se exclaimed, annoyed, "Can you not let me live in my nostalgia?!" he barked.
"Narcissist, after ten years you're still going on about Jake's Beard! No one cares!" Da Dong retorted, folding his arms.
"Jake's Beard said 'Shut up!'" Yu Yan hissed, "Now be quiet or you'll scare my daughter!"
Da Dong clicked his tongue, "Look what you did, Narcissist! You nearly scared my neice!"
"I'm not the one who attacked the violinist and camera man, you violent Egomaniac!" Ya Se burst out and the the two continued to argue pointlessly, earning a sigh and a shake of the head from Xiao Yu.

"They haven't changed at all," he chuckled.

Whilst the adults behaved like kids, Yu Er picked up the end of the camera that was on the floor. She smiled into it, exposing all the teeth she had.

"This is KO One: Re-Live Part 2!" she announced in a cute baby voice before punching through the camera lens with a fist full of yi neng, officially ending that episode.