N-not that i don't like it... but.. oh, just shut up!

Working!

I'M BACK! I still want to write more but i better cut it into two chapters because it's so damn long! LOLOL! And i think i'm doing better in this one than the previous chapter. I'm satisfied with this one too! Yeah! *dohandstand* Please enjoy this latest chapter, maybe have some typos in it but i'll fix it later~

Oh, and this chapter is in Junho's POV only!

Have a nice reading~ XOXO

*the italic bold text are flashbacks


 

Junho POV

 

[Are you outside the kitchen now, Junho?]

 

“Yes, hyung.”

 

[Right, just watch the guests properly. Be very careful about your surroundings.]

 

“Affirmative.”

 

Okay, Junho.

 

Breath in, breath out.

 

Let’s do this.

 

Time sure flew fast. It’s exactly 6PM now. The party is starting. The guests are rushing in since fifteen minutes ago. I’ve seen Junsu-nim and Taecyeon-hyung, along with Jaebum-hyung, Min and the driver woman, Fei-shi.

 

Our job is still going on. No, a long way to go actually. Our objective is still to protect our boss. About the intruders and the ‘other’ intruders, we still haven’t found out. We barely progressed on figuring them out. We’ve watched all our fellow waiters, nothing suspicious. Well, there’s still Himchan-shi and Yongguk-shi, but they have done nothing too suspicious besides doing chores until now. Still, we can’t let our guard down. There’s no sign of those black-suited intruders too. Which is making me paranoid.

 

We are now standing along with the other waiters waiting for the party to be started, which is in.. 5 more minutes.

 

I really want to nag.

 

Believe me.

 

I haven’t done that much of plates in my life.

 

Really, it’s 2 or 3 restaurant’s dishes combined! I could buy a new cellphone by selling those plates and silver untensil

 

Wait.

 

That’s actually a great idea, Junho!

 

Which is going to kill yourself.

 

Damn.

 

But.. fine. At least we got a decent lunch. Luxurious to be exact! Those juicy and fresh lemon chicken! MMH! Worth my sweat after did all those damn dishes. And that Hwang Chansung even got 2 more portions because he begged the chef.

 

Woman chef.

 

Well, it’s quite obvious when you look at the way she stared him. Well, he’s handsome, alright. But if she knows his personality she’s definitely going to think twice! Hah! Well, he smirks to people, all touchy and annoying, straightforward and shameless, and making a stupid face and calling people he just met careless, um maybe because they did, a bit, a hardcore forgetful person, related to people’s names mostly, and then feeling so free to do anything he likes without the related person’s permission, and last but not least he harassed people’s with his eyes. HAH! Does he think I don’t know!? How can I ignore that ferocious intense look he throws at my ?! Even though I know my bottom is appealing, normal people don’t treat it like that… at least not as straightforward as that grizzly bear. He’s looking at it like he’s going to--! Geez! Imagining it already gave me the chill… The thing is he’s capable of ual harassing people with his eyes. I don’t think that’s a favorable ability, so, I still doubt she’s still going to like him if she knows the real Hwang -sung.

 

….

 

Oh, and to keep this matter clear, I don’t mind if she still likes him.

 

 

I don’t.

 

And to avoid weird assumptions about myself, no, I don’t do well with jealousy.

 

I lied if I said I don’t care about him, but I’m just not jealous.

 

By the way, I… already sort some things with him. I know I’m being desperate with no reason earlier. That’s stupidly embarrassing… We still have hopes, actually. I STILL have hopes. I can’t keep being a weakling and ended up depending my life on Chansung. That’s just wrong! That’s not the kind of attitude I expect from myself. I still have my own abilities. Not much but I know I’m capable of doing this job. People, even Junsu-nim, have trust me with this job, they believe in me that I can do this mission, they wouldn’t pick me with no reason, right? Why can’t I believe in myself then? Chansung is.. spoiling me too much. I supposed, his ‘like’ makes me think highly of myself. I’m not a princess for Godsake. There’s no need to treat me like some, but he did. Now, I feel like I’m being a perfect burden to him. And I don’t want that. I hate burdening people. How can I sit down and relax while people, specifically, Mr. Hwang Chansung here, put his own life in the line to keep mine safe?

 

I’m NOT that kind of gay. We’re partners and…

 

Wait wait wait.

 

I meant, I’m not that kind of GUY. Yeah. What?! Stop judging me! Uh, this miss-spelling mistake is getting old. I should be careful not to make more mistake. A-anyway, by any means, we’re partners and we should protect each other. Well, I knew he has a greater physical ability than me, but sorting problem has been my job, I picked by the boss with that motive, and besides, I still can throw some punches and kicks, I’m not useless, so there’s no reason to lazy my round butts around and let that dongsaeng of mine do all the job.

 

So, now, I’m ready to face the worst of this job. We just need to finish it together and protect each other until the end.

 

Well, I know it’s kind of a late realization, but, better late than never, right?

 

“Junho?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Need more kisses?”

 

…………………

 

“WHA--?! I mean, what!?”

 

“You’ve been staring at me for a while, I thought you want a kiss or some—owwww!”

 

“Don’t. Be. Stupid. Hwang. Chansung. Just shut your mouth..!”

 

“Ow, ow ow… Geez, Hwang-jae… Alright…”

 

Hah!

 

That thought him a lesson.

 

I thought I already told him about not making any distraction for me, but the punk did it anyway! He really does what he want… And about the kiss… haven’t I made myself clear not to brought that up again!?

 

“We are going to get out of here. Alive. Trust me.”

 

His eyes are looking straight at mine.

 

 “I am going to get us out of here alive.”

 

A kiss on my lips.

 

I wasn’t saying anything. I was just still desperately thinking about how to survive this hell. I… somehow, felt like crying that instant. I’ve been working under pressure from time to time in the JYP Inc., but I survived. Both myself and the office. But to be under this much pressure where there’s a dilemma whether I can get out of here alive or not is just too much for me. I couldn’t even think about finishing the job. My mind just kept reciting the word ‘death’ and I unconsciously hugged the only person who’s with me that time.

 

“I wanna go home…”

 

“Yeah me too.. Just let me do all the job today, Junho.”

 

He loosened the hug and kissed my lips again. Deeper that before. Desperately deeper. The kiss was tasteless. It wasn’t like that before. Kisses I shared with him way before this was sweet. They gave the tingling sensation and heated my blood. But that kiss was making me want to cry even more.

 

Let him do all the job?

 

The kisses were getting more furious. It felt like it was going to be our last time. I was thinking if that was going to be the end of us, I should just let him do anything to me. My thoughts were stopped when our tongue melted with each other. I greedily let him examined my inner mouth while my arms clinging on his neck. I remembered that he has his way with his hand, there should be travelled around my body that time, searching for more skin, but he kept hugging me, clawing my limbs like he won’t let me go. We need to grasped some air, so we let each other go. After I calmed my lungs I looked at him again, there wasn’t the usual cheesy smile, only the look that I couldn’t comprehend the meaning.

 

“I’ll protect you with my all and then we could go home together.”

 

His lips found their way on my cheeks then ended on my forehead.

 

He was gentle with me. He didn’t even laughed at me even after saw the spoiled and worst side of me. He said he was going to protect me, and then we could go home together.

 

But who’s going to protect him?

 

By that thoughts I realized that what he was saying wasn’t right. Why should I leave all the work to him? Aren’t we doing this job together? Aren’t we partners? If he protects me like always who’s going to protect him? What am I going to do if he hurt himself by protecting me?

 

What will I do if I killed him?

 

Then I pushed him gently.

 

“Junho..?”

 

“I can’t, Chansung. I can’t let you do that…”

 

“But… why?”

 

I straightened myself, he stepped back a little, gave me space to stand up in front of him.

 

“I… You’ve been protecting me way too much.”

 

“…… I want to protect you, Junho, even if I die, I will--“

 

“I don’t want you to die!”

 

“…”

 

“I don’t want you to die because of me…”

 

“…”

 

“I want to protect you too!”

 

He kept himself silence. Again.

 

“I know I’m not as strong as you, but if you always spoil me like this, you’ll end up really hurting yourself because of me… And to go as far as die for me!? Don’t be stupid, Hwang Chansung! I can’t let that happened! How should I take the responsibility if that happened? What should I tell Jinwoon back home?!”

 

He just kept silence once again and staring my face. I was holding my tears as hard as I could, but it leaked a bit. My breathed was erratic after all that shouting. We kept our eye contact. He never left mine, nor do I.

 

“We’re partners, aren’t we?”

 

Then he lowered his head slowly and caught my lips to a gentle kiss. I automatically circled my arms around his neck again and stood on my toes, since, well, our height difference. I really wasn’t thinking much and.. I sort of wanted the kiss. I needed the kiss. I don’t even know why. I just needed some of his touches… , right?

 

He ended our kiss and stared deeply to my eyes. But…

 

KRIET

 

“Excuse me? The chef need more—“

 

“Ah, yes? Oh! More supplies? Sorry! We delivered it right away! Hahahaa!”

 

“Um… Alright…”

 

BAM

 

Luckily, I already pushed Chansung away and sat myself on the piled of potato sacks I sat earlier. It’s still awkward but better than he saw us eating each other’s face, right..?

 

“Well.. that’s a close call…”

 

“Hhhh…”

 

“Still embarrassed when people saw us making out, huh, Junho?”

 

“Why shouldn’t i!? Don’t compare me to you, Hwang Chansung…”

 

He brought his hand up, put his palm on my cheek and brushed his thumb on my skin.

 

“At least, my Hwang-jae is back.”

 

When I looked at him, there was the expression I was looking for. There wasn’t any frown on his eyebrows. Only the smiled I craved to see.

 

“I’m sorry for behaving like a child…”

 

I leaned to the warmth radiated from his hand and brought my own hand to touch his.

 

“I was desperate about this job too. But I was serious when I said I’m going to protect you even it cost my life, Junho. I’m still going to do that.”

 

That again…

 

“Hhhh… There’s no need for you to do that, Chansung. Your life is precious too. Why would you sacrifice that to a stranger like me?”

 

“I already told you this. I like you. I love you. That’s enough for a reason, right?”

 

I was stunned. By how easy he said those words, how stubborn he is, and also how serious his face was.

 

“… But still…”

 

He let go of my face and hold my hands on his.

 

“It’s just like you said you want to protect me, I also have the same urge to keep you from any danger. I don’t want to argue with you about this, okay? I want this. I need to do this. But… I still… happy to hear all that from you. Things like you want to protect me too and the rest…”

 

I can’t help but embarrassed at his words. Now that I calmed down, everything was clearer and to remember about what I said to him was making me ashamed of myself. That was very emotional, so much drama.. and I wanted to dig a hole and hid my tomato face.

 

“You even kissed me after saying those sweet things, I know deep down that you lo—“

 

I threw his hands in the air.

 

“Shut uppp! Don’t be so full of yourself, you! You grizzly bear!”

 

“But I know you do…”

 

“Do what!?”

 

“Lo—“

 

“SHUT UPPP!! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR THAT!!!”

 

BANG BANG BANG

 

“RED HEAD-SHI!!! SUPPLIES!!!”

 

“Sir, yes, sir! Right away!”

 

“Stop slacking off, you punk!!”

 

“Yes, sir! We’re sorry!”

 

TAP TAP TAP TAP

 

“Damn… that guy is everywhere…”

 

“Geez, he is so damn scary… Okay, let’s get move with the supplies again, Channie.”

 

“… It’s okay if you call me with only ‘Chansung’.”

 

“What? Ohhh! Reminds you with Kim Himchan-shi, doesn’t it? Kekeke…”

 

“Ck… I hate him.”

 

“Alright, alright, hahaha… So, Chansung-ah?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Let’s just protect each other, okay? Don’t be too focused on me. I don’t want to be a burden to you.”

 

“You’re not, Junho. Don’t think too much about it.”

 

“I’m not thinking too much. I should’ve been stronger. Besides, it’s not just our own life which is in the line, our boss too.”

 

“………….. Oh. That’s explain things. I forgot about that.”

 

“Huh? About what?”

 

“The job. I was cursing on my head why we came to this place. Before you said that my mind was completely set to just keep us alive and get out of here…”

 

“Oh my God, Chansung. I don’t know that you could forget things to this extent…”

 

“Oh, and… one more thing...”

 

“What?”

 

“I can’t let our make out earlier go from my head. You surprised me when you kissed me back earlier. You even let me eat you face.”

 

“I—it was because—! Oh my God, how can you be so vulgar about it?!”

 

“It was because?”

 

“…. Jerk. It was because I wasn’t thinking straight with all those things, okay?! I don’t even sure why I did that…”

 

“Yeah, I understand that. But, you know, Junho, it was really hot.”

 

 

“If I’m not frustrated earlier, I was definitely . It was so—UGH!”

 

THAT’S!

 

That’s the reason I don’t want him to just shut up about our private matters. I can’t stand it when he talks shamelessly about things like that… Doesn’t he embarrass saying something like that!? Plus, we’re not on our own right now, what if someone heard him?! God! I still can’t believe I was doing those things with a jerk like him. What were you thinking, Junho? Sure, he’s attractive, in some ways, but I really can’t believe I would… fall for the likes of him. It wasn’t like that before he came. No, no, it’s not I was interested in men since the beginning, but… I had someone in my mind. Which is fading little by little since this Hwang-ing-Chansung is being a pushy and I can’t help but noticing him more and more.

 

Suddenly, I felt a touch on my shoulders.

 

“Ah… Himc—“

 

He put his finger in my mouth. He smiled to me and shushed me. He walked away from his standing place earlier which is quite far from me and Chansung’s place. He signaled me to lend him my ears. Which I did. I knew I  still can’t trust him very much. Not to mention Chansung is starting to throw deadly bullets from his eyes to the guy standing close behind me. But, I think hesitating not going to give me something right now. Besides, maybe he has something important for us. He really did give the devices to us. If that duo is really our enemy, I don’t think helping us like earlier give some advantages for them. Or. They just underestimate us.

 

He started to whisper in my ear.

 

“We got trouble, there’re another spies broke in this building. They are armed. They’re now somewhere in this building or… probably among those guests.”

 

Just the same news we heard from Khun-hyung earlier.

 

“We informed about that.”

 

He looked a bit of surprised but then he’s back with smiling. He approached my ear again and whispering again.

 

“From checking the wound of those attacked, we figured that they use some kind of sword. Not closing the possibility of them having another weapon. Maybe they did that so they didn’t create commotion. We still haven’t found the guy yet, but it’s a duo, just like us. Our resources haven’t seen them passing the security cameras.”

 

He drew his face and his hand from my ear. I turned my head to him and looked at him. He still whispered to me, just not covering his mouth with his hand anymore. ‘No thank you for me?’ he said.

 

“…. Well, thank you.. but.. why are you telling us this?”

 

He just gave me a wide smile and tapped my shoulder. I sort of knew about all that. Khun-hyung has informed those things to me. If he’s really Seunghyun-hyung’s men, that’s possible to get those info from them. But why is he telling that to us? Maybe he wants to help us? Or just sharing some info? Or is it… Seunghyun-hyung’s order? But he knows we have Khun-hyung who already knew about all that. Why bother sending people to tell us the exact same info?

 

He muttered a ‘Be careful’ to me and then bowed to Chansung who’s still glaring at him. He teased the Chanbear, I knew. And walk back to where he was standing earlier. But suddenly he turned his body to us again.

 

“Oh and one more thing!”

 

He half-shouted to us and then he mouthed something. And then he walked back to where he was standing before, beside Yongguk-shi.

 

“What did he say, Junho?”

 

“….. ‘We’re different’…”

 


 

Yup! That's it! The next chapter will be on Channie's POV only. Junho's Channie not Yongguk's Channie. :P

Please keep enjoying the story. I'm sorry that it was a bit boring on chap 23. I wasn't meant to do that but... ;_; it happened. I lighted the mood on this one. And the next one is going to be some actions going on! :D Hope i'll do well on the next one~

Thank you for reading i'm really happy that i got some new subscribers~ T//v//T Thank you for expecting more of this story. I'll try my best for the next chapter also. Thank you for all the readers and best friends! Hope you enjoy this one too :D

Oh and, please leave some comment if you like, i really want to see what do you think about my updates :D

Thank youuuu~ XOXO

*singing EXO-growl all day*