operation reunification.

can’t help falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 2016

THIRD PERSON POV

Jennie always knew that she was going to debut with Chaeyoung.

But when she actually heard it come out of YG’s mouth that they were debuting together next year back in October, Jennie started to panic.

She had done a good job so far keeping her distance from Chaeyoung, but now that they were going to be in the same group, it would be even harder to avoid her.

At the same time though, she was full of relief. It had always been the four of them, even from the start. So she couldn’t imagine debuting without Chaeyoung performing by her side. 

It was all very confusing for Jennie, but the one thing that was definite was that she was finally achieving her dream of becoming an idol.

Jisoo and Lisa were also a little concerned. They both noticed the distance between Chaeyoung (now known as Rosé) and Jennie and have been discussing it ever so often since it first began. They knew that if they were going to be successful, the group had to be cohesive and although Jennie and Chaeyoung still got along, it would be more beneficial if they were as close as they were before.

That’s why they both decided that they needed to do something about their little rift.

And the only thing they could think of was either locking them up somewhere or abandoning them somewhere. They thought abandoning them in an unfamiliar place with no food or resources would force them to work together and consequently, become really close again in a short amount of time, but the manager thought otherwise.

So, they both settled for the first option: locking them up somewhere.

Now all they had to do was think of a place to lock them up in.

They couldn’t do the dorm because there was just way too many ways for them to get out and they both have their own rooms to chill in. So they had to think outside of the box.

Jisoo suggested a haunted house with cameras watching them to make sure they were safe, but we all know that was just so she watch them suffer in the best way possible.

Lisa suggested the balcony of their dorm but we all know she just wanted payback for the thousands of times the girls had done that to her.

They finally settled with their dance practice room because there were cameras in there and they were already so used to being locked in there by YG until they got their together. 

They had their location, now they just needed to get them there without any suspicion.

Lisa told Chaeyoung that she wanted to practice their debut dance routines more, which they had been practicing for a few weeks now.

Jisoo told Jennie that she left her favorite jacket in that room and that she needed to come with her to get it.

Even though there were a few bumps in the road aka Jennie complaining about having to come with Jisoo to get her jacket and Chaeyoung wanting to eat before they practiced, Jisoo and Lisa both managed to get their assigned persons there exactly at their designated times, Chaeyoung at 5 pm and Jennie at 5:15.

Why space out the times like that?

Lisa and Jisoo has thought everything over.

If they arrived at the exact same time, Jennie and Chaeyoung might get suspicious of their intentions and not go into the practice room all together. But if Chaeyoung arrived first, she could get settled in and when Lisa excuses herself to get water from the vending machine at 5:14, she could meet the other two in the hall, and Jisoo and Lisa could work together to shove Jennie into the room when she least expects it and lock the door.

And that’s exactly what they did.

Well not exactly.

Lisa forgot about the whole leaving to get water plan, so Jisoo had to improvise and walk in casually with Jennie, grab Lisa amidst the confusion as to why everyone was there, and run out of the room, locking the door behind them.

Jennie, realizing what was happening, ran to the door just as Jisoo locked it. 

“Unnie! Lisa! What are you guys doing?!” she yelled through the glass door.

“You guys need to work out your issues. All of the managers and staff here have an understanding that you guys will be in here until 11, so don’t try to pull anything funny,” Jisoo warned.

“11?!? What the hell?!” Jennie exclaimed.

“Calm down Jennie,” Jisoo said nonchalantly. “You guys both know that we won’t get anywhere if we don’t work as a cohesive team. And you both know that the only thing that is standing in the way of absolute cohesiveness is your little rift. So figure it out.”

It was a rare moment in which Jennie didn’t have a response. She knew everything Jisoo said was right.

But Chaeyoung still had some concerns. “But what about dinner?! I’m hungry,” she pouted.

“We’ll buy you a nice meal if you behave and work everything out,” Lisa said as she winked at Chaeyoung.

“But I’m hungry right now! Are you telling me I have to wait six ho—“

“Okay byeeeeee!” Lisa said as Jisoo pulled her away from the door and towards the elevator.

“Lalisa! Jisoo unnie!” Chaeyoung yelled after them. “Wow, I can’t believe they just ignored me like that. I had serious concerns. If I don’t get fed soon, I might die.”

Jennie, who had already given up trying to reason with the two and was now laying on the ground, just started to laugh at Chaeyoung’s dramatic scene, causing Chaeyoung to giggle back. 

Jennie sighed.

“Well, we might as well just take advantage of having the practice room to ourselves. Let’s learn the new dance.”

“Yeah, let’s get so good at the dance that Lisa and Jisoo regret leaving us in here without any food,” Chaeyoung said in determination.

Jennie couldn’t help but giggle again at her seriousness.

So they watched the demo again and got to practicing. 

Jennie never fails to be mesmerized by how different Chaeyoung acts when they dance.

It’s as if she flips a switch attached to her brain, with one side saying “Angel” and the other saying “That ”. 

This time was no different. 

As soon as music to Boombayah started, Chaeyoung left the building and Rosé came in, kicking the door down.

Rosé was Chaeyoung’s alter ego, well at least according to Lisa. It was the person she turned into when she danced. The fierce, provocative side of Chaeyoung that was always hidden behind Chaeyoung’s cute, bubbly personality until it was time to dance. When Rosé was in control, everything changed. Chaeyoung’s upbeat skips turned into catwalk strides. Chaeyoung’s bright, kind eyes turned into dark, mysterious orbs. And each bumbling, cute gesture of Chaeyoung’s turned smooth and striking.

Jennie, amazed by the transformation, accidentally missed a beat, causing Chaeyoung to giggle.

But when Jennie flashed a gummy smile back, it was Chaeyoung’s turn to mess up. It was justifiable in her head though. She hadn’t had a smile from Jennie directed at her in a while, it caught her off guard.

“Ah! Chaeyoungie! This isn’t going to work, we need to start over. You can’t keep messing up like that!” Jennie said, with a sly smile on her face.

“Hey! You were the one who started it!” Chaeyoung pouted, stomping her foot in defianc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter