Chapter 2

Who really are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The interns went out with most of them sighing. Their 1st lesson is mostly about the different common psychotic disorders of their patients and the ways of how to treat them.

Minju's throat was inching so bad at the question she wanted to ask badly.

'How is that one patient on the conference?'

But she held herself back as she was soon succumbed into the lessons that she surprisingly found interesting.

The girl beside her was of course still the same listener and wise student, chatting down notes once in a while.

She's a psychology major obviously. These type of things are in her field. Minju's totally sure that she'll enjoy her stay in here along with Wonyoung while her, well, she just hoped she would at the very least.

"I never expected the 1st lesson to be that long and tiring. The terms are just so unfamiliar." Hitomi cutely groaned as she pouted and limped her limbs.

Nako patted her back.

"Well, it's pretty interesting actually." Minju stated honestly.

"Because your girlfriend's a psycholo-uh sorry." Yena immediately stopped and gulped at what she had just said.

Everyone stiffened and looked at Minju who only stared at the hallway ahead of her with a blank face.

But it only made them even more worried and scared.

Yuri smacked Yena big time. The duck should really learn how to shut her filthy mouth for good.

"Minju, i'm sorry."

Minju looked at Yena before nodding once before walking fastily, leaving the girls behind them.

Chaewon glared at Yena.

"Know how to filter your mouth Yena." Chaewon threatened before walking ahead of them, but still a bit late than Minju.

She doesn't want to make her uncomfortable even more. She knew Minju's still on the post-effects of what happened yesterday.

She is too but she's trying to conceal the pain by focusing into the ward and schooling instead.

She knew she made such an immoral thing but she have reasons too and Minju refused to listen.

She loved her with all of her. She's her everything and she knews she's Minju's everything too.

But some things are better to be ended than keeping it alive yet full of lies.

And Minju was so hurt.

The said girl walked mindlessly at the elevator, not minding the apologetic and worried gazes especially from Eunbi, Yena and Chaewon.

She inwardly sighed.

When the elevator ringed, she went out first, squeezing herself in the process.

The others can only sigh. They are future doctors but a broken heart is a complex thing not even medicine can heal.

"She needed time to think. She's still emotionally and physically exhausted as well. Yesterday is a very short time." Eunbi stated, eyes focused into Minju's slumped back.

The others nodded. They understood completely well.

Minju walked into their hall. Dr. Kim said that it's where the interns and some staffs are staying but why is hall 1 deserted? It's unoccupied. Not even one is present.

This made her goosebumps rise immediately.

She walked even faster, not minding the others who looked at her back confusedly.

She swore the dark hall just made her shiver. She is almost running in great hurry.

'Why are there no lights in here even?' Minju thought before rushing even more.

She wanted to get at hall 3 now and sleep there fast.

But luck isn't on her side- Minju feels like luck was never on her side- as she stumbled upon a wall.

A soft wall actually. Wait, this is a human.

Thinking it's some patient, Minju pulled almost immediately. She remembered Dr. Kim telling them about how careful they should be treating the patients since they sometimes can be aggressive if the person approaching them is careless and loud.

But then, Minju felt a firm yet soft grip on her elbows.

She looked up at the human in front of her, only to be surprised with red eyes meeting her brown ones.

She stiffened as she saw those eyes looking at her plainly. It's gaze is strictly focused on hers, not even shaking a bit.

"Watch your steps Dr." The voice. A feminine and obviously young voice. So soft yet so cold. It makes Minju weak and she doesn't know why.

She believed it's because of the eyes. Yes, the red eyes that's still on hers.

"I-i am still an in-intern." Minju closed her eyes at the stutterings but really, seeing someone's red cold eyes amidst of the darkness is scary.

The grip became weak and eventually let go.

Minju felt the cold breeze even more but she doesn't know why she do.

"You'll be a doctor anyway." The voice stated before walking away.

Minju gulped before calming herself, regaining back her senses after a moment of internal turmoil.

"Ms., it's already past the curfew. You should be downstairs right now. This is the staffs' hall."

The girl looked back at her- she noticed because of the red eyes.

"I'm from here. Dr. Kim, right?"

"How did you know me?" Minju didn't knew she'll actually set aside her professionalism and let this red eyed patient lose the thing she's good at.

"You really don't remember me, Kim Minju? Major in cardiology?"

Minju widened her eyes a bit. How can this stranger know that.

'Is she on the conference?'

The girl back-walked into what Minju presumed as Hall 2, the light seeming to slowly reveal her face.

And Minju asked herself unto how can she be so stupid.

"I am An Yujin."

The girl looked even prettier than Minju remembered. They basically met just hours earlier but she just felt like An Yujin did.

And she insanely look like a kid. Not even kidding a bit.

And again how can she forgot the red eyed An Yujin? Did she expect other patients to have eyes like hers too?

Minju slowly walked into the girl with slightly hesitant steps.

"I remember you. But please return to your room now. It's past the curfew."

Yujin looked at her blankly before a grin surprisingly formed in .

Minju was even more surprised. She thought this girl never felt anything. Just pure blank and spaceful heart she have.

But now look who's grinning like an actual kid- cause she is actually.

"Kim Minju, can I call you Minju-unnie? Your innocence is cute. It seems like you really doesn't know me." Well, the logic is a bit......nonsense?

But still, Minju blinked her eyes, once, twice, until the message fully registered into her brain.

The cold An Yujin just turned mushy in front of her. Look who's being weird. But then she remembered she's in a place where 'weird' is non-existent and only normal and equal treatment prevails- ironic.

"Uhm. Yes?"

Yujin smiled wider this time, making Minju surprised- her heart is too.

"Unnie, I live in here." Yujin pointed at the door just meters beside her.

Minju widened her eyes for the nth time today as she looked at Yujin, who is still smiling at her, softly this time.

'She and her smiles.'

But Minju doesn't want to admit how refreshing Yujin's smiles actually are.

And the way she described the room as where she lives still hurts her already massacred heart. It's just a proof of how young Yujin still is when she was sent in here.

'Maybe she's here because she's the youngest and that she have to be separated from the older patients?'

Minju concluded that it's the reason unto why Yujin is just a hall away from her.

Dr. Kim mentioned about the effects of age into the patients. The older they get, the more extreme their aggression and mood swings becomes.

'At least, I learned something.'

Minju stood there in silence, not even noticing how Yujin looked at her.

She then heard footsteps, which she presumes are the others.

"What did even took them so long?" Minju muttered to herself, looking back in the process.

When she looked back at Yujin, she expected the wide smile and grinning kid but then Yujin was back to being cold and void.

She have her gaze on the others who are walking too.

This made Minju confused. The pace of Yujin's easy duality is really familiar but she doesn't know what it is-yet.

Cause Minju will know. She NEEDS to know.

The others walked and noticed Minju.

"Oh, you still here? We thought you are already in the room. You were rushing." Chaeyeon asked, not even noticing the pole in front of them if not for Sakura's soft-painful-smack.

"Oh, uhm Yujin right? Isn't it a little too late for you to be here?" Yuri asked which is a very bad move really.

"I live here and please call me by my surname or even just patient. Only Minju-unnie can call me by my name."

The interns were shocked at what the younger girl just said.

How did they become so close? No one knows. Not even Minju herself.

She is also surprised. She doesn't know what made Yujin say that.

Yujin. The name SHE can only pronounce. The name prohibited to everyone except for her.

She feel so damn honoured yet confused but still, she thinks it's a great start already cause it mean that a patient likes how she treat them- even though it's just Yujin for now.

The interns looked between the two who are staring at each other silently in front of them.

It looks like a scence from a drama. The lead actress with the lab gown and the other lead as the patient.

But of course, every scenes are always being cut by the director, but this time, it's just a certain petite psychology student excusing herself in front of the two actresses- the end.

The others looked at Chaewon's back before glancing back at Minju.

'Is she jealous? Why would she? She's the one who ended it.'

Minju furrowed her brows only to feel soft fingers massaging it, making her brows go back to it's form.

Yujin smiled at her before retreating her hand.

"Bye Minju-unnie! Minnight."

Yujin then ran into her room, leaving shock interns outside.

Minju was blinking hard. Chaewon saw what happened and she found herself disappointed. Not to Minju or the kid, just to herself for letting go of such beautiful masterpiece.

But what's done is done, and she's happy that Minju found a distraction over the pain.

But, who is she kidding? She's still hurt. Damn love. So complex and complicated.

Minju blinked her eyes before gazing into her friends, only to see their annoying smiles.

"H-hey. Let's go." Minju announced while walking first, avoiding her friends' teasing smiles.

"'Please call me by my surname. Only Minju unnie can call me by my name.' Sweet eh?" Wonyoung mimicked Yujin's statement that sent Minju warm.

She felt heat rising up into her neck to her face.

'Damn this kid.'

"'Goodbye Minju unnie, minnight.'" Chaeyeon followed this time, which made Minju even redder-if that's still possible.

She's now thanking the heavens for not having that much light into the halls since it made her burning cheeks invisible from the others.

'What is that kid even thinking?'

"Hey kids stop it! Our Minju unnie is shy." Eunbi hushed but only made the kids tease Minju more since their leader even did so, why not?

The poor girl can only sigh- she liked it though.

--
They went inside the rooms at Hall 3. Like Hall 1 and Hall 2, it's deserted.

It sent them wondering of course but since they are too tired to think, they let it go and distributed the rooms by age- as what Dr. Kim said.

It's a room where bunk beds are used and yeah, Minju and Chaewon are roommates.

The others asked them- mostly Minju- if it's okay since they could just change the orders but Minju told them it's fine and that's it part of the system. The order must be the order.

So, Minju found hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter