New people || belated Choerry Day

Who really are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| 12/11/7 = 11/7/4 ||

--

"Can you hear me, Minju-ah?"

Minju was left speechless again.

"Y-yujin. What are you doing here alone? And is that a m-mask?"

Minju felt stupid. She doesn't even have to be this nervous around Yujin cause she is JUST a patient.

'Keep yourself, Minju.'

She have to remind herself that every moment, she guess. She have to be professional and mature in this field of work. Those things were something Minju can do exceptionally good before, but now, Yujin was on her way on destructing it.

"Yes Minju-unnie! Joohyun gave it to me."

"Dr. Bae Joohyun?"

Yujin nodded and showed the black mask the head doctor gave her.

"Why did she gave it to you?" Minju went closer into Yujin's direction to inspect the mask. Maybe there's some medicine sprayed in there or something?

'Nice guess, Minju.'

She tried hard not to roll her eyes at her own stupidity.

Yujin looked at the mask before shrugging.

"She told me to use this as a placement to the mask I keep on using. She also told me that I can dress casually already."

Minju furrowed her brows at that.

'Why would she?'

"Did Dr. Bae told you why?"

Yujin looked at Minju seriously this time, red eyes digging right into the intern's own.

Minju was taken a back at the sudden silence but immediately eased back when Yujin showed her the eye smile she had grown accustomed to.

"Dr. Bae always do so annually. She told me that it would be nice if i'll be treated like a normal person once in a while."

Minju grimaced at the choice of words and it's obvious at the way she furrowed her brows even deeper (if that's even possible).

Yujin merely chuckled before placing both of her thumbs into the eyebrows before massaging it lightly.

Minju can feel how soft her thumb and her touches are. She never felt so gentle before yet Yujin managed to make her be by just the mere massages of her thumbs.

"It actually never been that interesting and successful before but I think this will work this time."

Minju stopped herself from whining as Yujin retracted her touch from her brows. She felt emptier but why would even she be empty in the first place?

Yujin is JUST a patient. And she's an intern. There are boundaries separating two different statuses and that also applies to Minju and Yujin.

So after gathering her thoughts, Minju mustered a forced smile at the patient.

"I hope so too. But it will be a bit weird that I won't see you in your hospital gown anymore."

Minju meant for it to be a joke but Yujin took it obviously the wrong way.

"Huh? I can just say no to Joohyun if you want to. I don't need to dress that casually."

Minju saw how frantic Yujin became. Her red eyes are obviously shaking and she felt her hands holding Yujin's arm to stop her from shaking too much.

"Hey hey. It's fine. I was just kidding. You don't have to follow everything I say okay?" Minju reminded the kid.

Yujin looked at her for a few minutes before nodding her head.

"I am sorry. You know me. I am stupid, right?"

Minju furrowed her brows again. Where was the strong and obviously egoist Yujin she knew?

The one that was so confident with her red blaring eyes.

She's gone.

"Yujinie, you are not stupid, okay? Don't say that about yourself."

Yujin smiled at her instead.

"You are doing it again."

"What?"

Yujin's thumbs went back into her brows again as Minju obviously calmed down.

"This. Don't furrow your brows too much. You'll look older."

Minju scoffed before playfully shoving Yujin's thumbs away from her.

The kid laughed before patting the shorter girl's head.

"You are so small."

"You are really just tall, Yujin."

Minju stated with an eye roll that made Yujin laugh even louder.

They are being loud, but Yujin is happy and as an 'intern' to the girl, it's her responsibility to keep it as it is, no matter what it may cause.

"Oh, Joohyun. You are here."

Minju immediately turned behind her to see a smiling Dr. Bae.

"Nurse Kim, you are also here. I was just starting to wonder why you aren't in the lecture room."

Minju bowed down her head in embarrassment and apology to the head doctor.

"Sorry Dr. Bae. I just accompanied Yu- I mean Ms. An in here."

"No, it's actually great that Yujin have someone else in here. She's getting pretty lonely lately."

"JOOHYUN!" Yujin glared into the doctor as if she said something completely unnecessary.

Well, she sort of did actually.

"Well, what are the both of you talking about?"

"Just stuffs, Dr. Bae." Minju felt bad for lying to the head doctor but Yena is right.

This doctor is quiet weird and pretty indecisive, and she just doesn't want to risk anything.

Dr. Bae seemed unconvinced though.

"Is it true Yujin? What kind of stuffs did you talked about?"

Minju looked at the kid who smoothly inserted her hands inside her gown's pockets before shrugging.

"We are just goofing around."

Now, this was the same Yujin she met at the dark hallways.

The confident red-eyed patient now with a black mask on her hand, looking directly into Minju as well.

Dr. Bae nodded but the way her smile faded made Minju think something's unsettling at this whole ordeal.

"If you may excuse us, Joohyun. Me and Minju-unnie will just be downstairs. I'll bring her to the lecture room."

Before she can even protest, Yujin was already dragging her inside the elevator, making her forget the reason unto why she even took the stairs.

"Sorry about Joohyun. She can be quiet super scary and nosy sometimes. But she's all good. She is kind, just like Seul-unnie."

'Seul-unnie.' Minju smiled at the nickname. Sounds oddly familiar.

The elevator dinged and Yujin dragged her out again, hand still clasped on her wrist.

They managed to make it past the other rooms and into the lecture room's door.

Minju widened her eyes as she realized that Dr. Kim and Yujin aren't still in good piece.

And she was too late, since Yujin already opened the door and revealed her and Minju at the doctor and at the other interns as well.

"I am apologizing in Minju-unnie's place. I held her back a bit because I don't have anyone to accompany me." Yujin lied directly at everyone's faces.

Minju was beside her, head bowed down in apology and in embarrassment of both being dragged here by Yujin and by the way the patient's hand now made it's way on her own.

As expected, her hands are so soft and big compared to hers, but they are perfectly matched.

'Calm down, Minju. What are you even thinking?'

Dr. Kim merely nodded before ushering Minju to go to her seat. Minju went meekly and sat beside a worried Chaewon.

"Hey, you passed out. You okay now?"

Minju should not like how Chaewon worry over her so much but she can't help but feel warm.

It had been so long since she felt so warm just by mere words and the way Chaewon cares about her was just so familiar to not get used to.

"Yena gave me pills. I am fine now. Thank you."

Chaewon was taken a back for the sudden sincerity and sentiment between those words as she was starting to get accustomed to constant short answers and even plain ignorance but she immediately smiled when she realized it. It wouldn't hurt seeing this side of Minju again.

Little did Minju know that Yujin is still standing in front, just looking at Minju and where she is seated with bored eyes.

"Yujin, do you still need anything?"

It's the only time Minju looked back in the front to see Yujin standing there, now looking at her with her bored-looking red eyes.

"Actually yes."

Dr. Kim furrowed her brows as she followed Yujin's line of sight.

Most of the interns did as well.

"I want Minju-unnie to be separated from that Kim." She pointed into the intern beside Minju.

The interns all looked at the pointed girl to see how she'll react but Chaewon merely looked at her back, eyes colder than usual.

"But that is an arranged seat, Yujin."

"Do you want me to repeat what I said, Yeri-unnie?"

Yujin looked at the doctor this time, making the doctor sigh.

"Okay. Nurse Kim Chaewon please sit beside Nurse Jang. You move Nurse Jo."

Yuri was the first one to stand up and walk into the said desk, only to stop right at the front when Chaewon remained seated.

"Unnie, just move. Dr. Kim will get mad."

Chaewon merely looked at her before shrugging. This grabbed Dr. Kim's attention into the scene happening at the said seat.

"Nurse Kim, I told you to-"

"When Minju asked to change her seat before, you told us that the seating arrangements should be strictly followed. I am just following the hospital's order, Dr. Kim."

There is an awkward silence following Chaewon's rebuttal. She's right but Minju wished she just shut and comply.

Dr. Kim looked a bit taken a back as well. She didn't expect the intern to remember everything since the first day of lecture. She should have been proud but today isn't for something like that.

"Nurse Kim, just comply please."

"Why Dr. Kim? Because it's for Minju's welfare? Or because patient An asked you to?"

A pause. Everyone were too shocked to respond immediately. Where did this confidence even came from?

Dr. Kim was the most surprised. Cause honestly, she knew that Chaewon knew what's the answer to that question is.

She clearly underestimated these interns.

She should have known better.

"Is it too hard to move Nurse Kim? It's just a seat. You can just talk with each other after the lecture."

"I can just move out, Dr. Kim."

Minju stood up as there's no room for protests for her anymore. If Chaewon wouldn't, then she'll be the one to move.

She wanted to complain like usual for Chaewon's behavior, but she can't help but to agree this time.

Chaewon's right. Dr. Kim was the one who told them that this was a hospital order but just because of a patient's request, she's willing to bend the said 'order'.

It's unfair for them and also to the other patients.

Minju was almost done gathering her things when a hand held her wrist, completely stopping her from leaving.

"Stay here. I'll just move out."

Chaewon looked at her with completely soft eyes and Minju took a solid minute before she nodded.

Chaewon looked at the doctor and at the patient before shoving her notebook into her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

She smiled into Minju before whispering something into Yuri that Minju couldn't quite comprehend.

Chaewon left the table but not before stopping right in front of the taller patient.

She said nothing and only stared at her with daggers before moving beside Wonyoung.

Minju saw how the both of them talk and can't help but feel sorry that Chaewon have to exchange seats.

"Okay, now that this was settled, Yujin you can go back outside now and we'll start our class."

Dr. Kim tried her best to sound authorative but when you'll lend your ears closer, you can tell that she's still confused and maybe a bit scared.

But why would she?

"Okay Yeri-unnie. Minju-unnie!"

The girl called and Minju looked at her and immediately noticed the grin in her face.

"I'll see you later." With one wave, Yujin was out with a flabbergasted Minju.

A scoff pulled Minju out of her shock as Dr. Kim started her class.

--

"There are several types of dangerous patients in this ward. Over all, we only have 3 as of the moment. 2 were diagnosed with MPD while the other 1 have Schizophrenia. These patients were admitted in here longer than the other patients and as of the moment still being treated." Dr. Kim paused for a while and saw a raised hand.

She looked at the intern before nodding, signalling that she can proceed.

"Dr. Kim, what are the most common symptoms and causes of the conditions you mentioned?"

"Good question, Nurse Jang. Well, MPD or DID is easy to recognize. The patient use to have different personalities in a body right? When the other personality of the host take over the body, the patient usually spaces out and forget about what the other personality did throughout it's time. The patients diagnosed in here are mostly caused by depression and stress and even trauma from past events. For Schizophrenic people, they tend to hallucinate most of the time and loses track of their thoughts as well. It's also caused by stress most of the time."


Another hand was raised as Dr. Kim pondered.

She knew this intern will ask something she probably cannot answer that fast. But as a doctor, she have to answer her as well prior to the order of the hospital.

"Yes, Nurse Kim?"

Minju stood up, earning the attention of the whole class.

"Are changing of the eye color a symptom of either of these 2, Dr. Kim?"

And the doctor was right. Minju will really ask her something that will make her ponder to herself as well.

But an answer must be given.

"Mostly no. There are no cases reported with patient's different eye color."

'Then why does Yujin have red eyes then?' Minju pushed the thought back as she sat, not quiet satisfied with the answer she got from the doctor.

It made her even more confused. They told her that Yujin was admitted with MPD but then the doctor is also telling them that there's no such inclination towards a patient.

'How can someone have a red eye then? Is Yujin naturally born with those?'

The more she think about it, the more her head aches.

The class went on but Minju was not even following. She's too busy asking questions in her head throughout the whole lecture and if someone wouldn't be answer her questions now, she'll surely be going crazy.

--

"Is Minju back?" Haseul asked the girl who arrived just now at their usual meeting place.

Heejin sighed before shaking her head.

"She's still into the hospital."

"What is she even doing in there?" Vivi asked as she grabbed Heejin's cardigan that was halfway covered with snow.

It's cold since it's winter. Christmas is coming soon, but Minju is nowhere near them. Again.

"I am so worried, Haseul-unnie. M-minju..."

The 2 girls hugged the younger one tightly. Vivi running a hand to Heejin's back comfortingly while Haseul soothing her with soft hushes.

"She'll be back before christmas. She was there last day, right? Don't worry about her too much. She'll be fine. Besides, she have other f-friends in there right?"

The way her voice cracked at the end made Haseul's sentence even more sentimental that it should be.

They miss Minju so much but they couldn't just actually grab her there. There are so many things to consider.

"She was gone for too long, unnie."

"We know, Heejin-ah. We know." Vivi trailed.

Heejin cried even more as the others kept their holds on her.

"She'll be back. We'll wait for her to be back."

Even Haseul knew it will be a tough job, but Minju's their friend, a part of their circle. Without her, the group doesn't feel like a group anymore. They badly needed her to be here, but guess not everyone can get what they want.


Heejin was asked to stay by the couple for a sleepover, but the girl insisted that she'll just go back home. Hyunjin was at Gwangju for her work, and Heejin was alone in their shared apartment.

Well, it's the 3 of them sharing it before. Minju was with the both of them and owns the room Heejin was using as of the moment.

She always sleep there when she misses Minju so much.

It will be christmas soon, but guess it will be colder than usual.

"We miss you so much, Minju-ah."

--

"Unnie, were grabbing some snacks. Wanna join?" Minju looked at Yuri before nodding.

She needed to distract herself from these thoughts and there's no other way than to eat it with snacks.

She grabbed her things before standing up from her desk.

She then went out of the room, following her friends outside into their way at the ward's cafeteria at the ground floor.

She thought she never saw the cafeteria at her stay in here but guess she was just blinded by how weird and big the hospital that time that she hadn't realized it.

"What do you want to buy? I'll go get it for you there." Minju jerked a bit as Chaewon appeared beside her.

She looked at the girl before shaking her head with a smile.

"It's fine. I can go get it myself. Thank you though. But I am sure the line wouldn't be that long."

Minju stated as the both of them walked in the same pace.

They arrived at ths cafeteria first, the others following into them silently and Minju was not expecting the number of nurses in there.

She swore it's the first time she saw other nurses except for the 5 she encountered.

"Think you are wrong with the line, Minju." Chaewon pointed at the fairly long line and Minju hissed.

"It's fine."

Chaewon stopped protesting before she asked for Minju's bag and looked for seats for all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter