Real and not pt.1

Who really are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The real one said,
".....to be honest, I love the soft moonlight more than the starlight."

--
Minju woke up, not with blinding lights directly at her, rather it's a cozy feeling of warm blankets and familiar pillows.

She looked around to see where she is.

'My room?'

The pictures of her friends were on the study table. It's also snowing outside. It's winter already yet she never noticed.

'Why am I here?'

"Minju." A low voice greeted her amidst her thoughts and saw Heejin, casually leaning into the door frame with a small smile, cup of what probably is hot chocolate on her hand.

"Want some? I can ask Hyunjin to do you some."

Minju was still confused if this is still a dream like what happened to her before or is this really her being back on their shared apartment.

She doesn't know. But she wasn't complaining.

"Can I get a hug instead?" Heejin's smile faltered but soon regained it as she placed the cup into the study table.

She then went into Minju's bed and hugged the girl tightly, making Minju sigh in content at the familiar arms around her.

She certainly missed this. Her and her friends cuddling every chance they can especially Yerim and Jiwoo.

Her thoughts immediately went back into the other interns.

'Are they the one who sent me here? Is Chaewon okay? Is she still mad?'

Remembering what happened already causes her head to ache again and seems like Heejin felt her shivering that she pulled away and looked at her in worry.

"Are you cold? Do you need anything?"

"I am fine Heekkie. Just...who brought me here? Did they told you what happened? Is Chaewon still mad at me?"

Minju felt Heejin shift, her eyes looking anywhere else than Minju's own.

Minju doesn't know where this came from, the awkwardness between Chaewon and her friends.

But she knew THEY knew them. They are probably messing up with her that single time they told her they don't know the interns.

The silence made Minju worried though. Heejin seems like she doesn't know what to say, which leads Minju asking unto why the interns and her childhood friends were this awkward when in fact, they had already interacted before.

But thank the heavens that Heejin nodded, although timidly so, still did.

Minju sighed. She really can't change Chaewon's mind, can't she.

She knew the words she threw over her friends were bad and straight off rude as well but judging Yujin were plain rude and mean as well.

"What even happened with....them, Minju-ah?"

Minju sighed for the nth time. Even though it still hurts just by thinking, she knew Heejin deserves an explanation as well. She worry too much over Minju as well and it'll be better to ease that even a bit.

"They were all being judgemental about a patient. Yujin. They keep on saying how bad Yujin is for me where in fact, they haven't given her a chance to show them just how much of a kid she is. She is innocent, Heejin. She doesn't deserve everything they are thinking."

Heejin sighed, face crest-fallen.

"So, you fought with them?"

Minju furrowed her brows at that. That's certainly not the right word. They aren't fighting, it's just a little misunderstanding that'll be solved soon. It just needed a little time, but they'll be alright.

"Anyways, where are the others? Are they still in school?"

Heejin stopped altogether, before standing up, making Minju pout at the loss of warmth.

"It's winter break. But they'll be here soon. Hyunjin was downstairs."

Minju nodded before getting off the bed as well, only for Heejin to bring her back to the bed.

"No. Stay there Minju. Just rest please." The distress was visible not just on Heejin's voice but also to her voice.

It made Minju worried. Heejin is acting strange right now. Yes she is protective but this Heejin is way more protective than she remembered.

"Are you alright?" Minju held Heejin's hand as the said girl blinked.

Now, this is getting out of hand. Heejin is being weird. She should have known better. Heejin was probably sick or something. Minju is an intern, she should be the one tending to patients.

"You know what, you rest Heejin."

"Minju, no. You-"

"Just rest Heejin please. It seems like you are not feeling well."

Minju knew her friend's going to protest so, shd grabbed her chance and swiftly pulled Heejin into the bed, before going off and placing the blankets into Heejin.

"I am an intern Heekkie. I tend other patients. It'll hurt me if you wouldn't let me take care of you. Your skin feels cold as well."

Heejin kept her gaze at the intern as Minju did her thing. Grabbing a spare towel from the bathroom before noticing the hot chocolate and letting Heejin take a sip first.

"I'll be down. I'll ask Hyunnie to grab some medicines while i'll grab some warm water. Stay here okay?"

"Minju-ah..."

The said girl looked at Heejin at the door frame, immediately smiling when the girl smiled widely at her as well.

"Be quick, okay?"

She nodded. This is the only day that she can rest and be with her friends since she'll be starting her shift officially tomorrow.

Meanwhile,

Heejin was left to ponder on Minju's bed. The scribbles on the wall where the head board was located is distracting, but she let her mind wander into the contentment of Minju being with them.

Normal and healthy.

--

Minju went down and grabbed some lukewarm water to ease Heejin's cold a bit. She was having a mild fever but Minju wasn't that surprised anymore.

Unlike Jiwoo, Heejin's skin is way more sensitive in the cold and every winter, occurence of cold or flu is normal for the older girl.

She tried looking for Hyunjin, but the girl was nowhere to be found.

But her slippers are here. Her shoes and bag was as well.

"Heejin, is that you?" A voice came from the living room and Minju instantly smiled.

'Hyunjin's here.'

"Hey Heejin I- Minju?" The shock on the girl's face was so priceless it made Minju laugh out loud.

She was laughing so much tears are welling in her eyes already.

"Oh god stop already. You'll choke." Hyunjin's soft voice made Minju's laughs turn into chuckles until she was no longer laughing, still, the smile stayed in her face.

"You should have seen your face Hyun. It's priceless."

Hyunjin pouted before doing her meowings again. Minju swear this habit never come off. Hyunjin was like this ever since Minju can't remember.

"When will you stop meowing?"

"Until you come back here."

Minju's smile faltered at that. First was Heejin, now Hyunjin? Are they messing up with her again? They are being so strange.

"You know what, you both are being weird. Are you cold as well?"

"What?" Hyunjin's face contorted into confusion as Minju said that and the intern bit her lip. She certainly forgot that Hyunjin is hella protective over her girlfriend as well and she looked like she doesn't know.

"Heejin is cold and she's in my room. I asked her to rest. I was going to place this to her as well, to make the cold seep away even a bit."

Hyunjin furrowed her brows before rushung into the said room after realizing what Minju meant.

"As expected. She had always been protective."

Minju can't help but smile at the thought. Her friends never changed. They were the same, even after all these years.

Minju shook her head as she started spacing out again. She had been spacing out often lately and she certainly doesn't like how distracted she becomes in the smallest things happening around her.

"Forget about the interns first. Focus on Heejin and your friends. Yes, that's right Minju. Focus into them."

She sighed before going back in the room, looking at how Hyunjin and Heejin talked silently while she was away.

"Okay lovebirds, I am back so please refrain from doing cringy things. You know I am broken right?" Minju meant for it to be a joke but seems like 2jin wasn't having it.

They looked at her seriously.

"Don't remember any of it, okay? Stop thinking about it Minju-ah." Heejin stated in her low serious voice and damn, Minju was really weirded out but nodded nonetheless.

Well, her friends were always right. Maybe she should really stop thinking about it.

"Okay. Let me tend you."

--

Minju was now in the living room, hot chocolate in hand, in her pyjamas while some sappy movie was playing in the tv.

It was a very cozy feeling to be doing this inside their apartment. She really missed this along with her childhood friends since university got her busy, not to mention the internship.

Knocks pulled her out of her trance and Minju lazily walked into the door and opened it, only to be pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"Oof. Hi to you too, Jiwoo-unnie."

The said girl looked like she'll cry soon and Minju let her hug her all she wants. She doesn't want to see Jiwoo cry. No one dared to.

"We miss you so so much, Minguri."

"I miss you as well."

"Okay, please go inside already. We have no time to waste."

Minju chuckled at Sooyoung.

"You are just probably jealous."

"Shut up."

Minju let them in. The gang was for the first time since a long time is complete.

They are 13/13, well 1 is on the bed but still completele nonetheless.

Minju had already told them about Heejin and they weren't that surprised as well but still went to check up on her.

Now, they found themselves in the living room. Even Heejin was in here as they started story-telling everything they can think of. Minju was doing almost all of the talk since she get extremely talkative to people she is comfortable with.

"And you know what, I met 3 nurses who looked exactly like 3 of you as well."

Minju was now in the middle of her internship adventure and her friends are just listening. Sometimes chuckling at silly ones but mostly looking at her with....Minju doesn't know.

But they look like they are worried (?) She doesn't know. Her friends are all weird but this weirdness right now is just on another level.

But they listened and Minju can't see anything bad to stop.

"Who are they?" Haseul asked as Minju smiled widely.

"Nurse Olivia, Nurse Go Won and Nurse Soul."

"Ooh~ they have interesting names." Jungeun stated as she took a bite of the cake in front of her.

"Nurse Olivia looked like Hyejoo, Nurse Go Won looked like Chaewon while Nurse Soul looked like you, Jinsoul-unnie."

The 3 obviously stopped at what they are doing. Silence settled into them but Minju was too naive to notice the stares thrown by her friends.

"They look like us? Are they like us too?" Chaewon asked as Minju shook her head.

"Nurse Olivia is way friendlier, Nurse Go Won is a talker while Nurse Soul. Well..I don't know her that much."

"They are like the opposite of us." Hyejoo stated as she took a sip of the hot chocolate. Minju hummed as she munched on the cake as well.

"These people- I mean the interns, how did you met them?" Jungeun asked and Minju halted in what she's doing.

Now that she think about it, she kind of forgot.

"Uhm well we- c- just met at the u-"

"It's fine, Minju. It's fine." Jungeun tried easing Minju's obvious stutters. It's obvious how much she's struggling but Minju knew how they met.

It happened. Of course it did.

"Minguri it's fine. Let's just move on to another topic. Who was this Yujin you are talking about?" Sooyoung smiled at her and Minju exhaled before nodding.

She doesn't know why the heck she is sweating in the middle of winter but her neck is sweating profusely, her forehead is doing so as well and she's getting dizzy.

"Hey, you fine? It's enough story guys. Minju, just rest." Haseul stated in her normal voice and Minju knew there's no room for disagreement on that tone.

Minju dejectedly sigh. She wanted to spend time with her friends since she knew she'll be gone tomorrow to the hospital.

But she knew Haseul will keep on insisting, so in the end, Minju found herself tucked in bed and soon, sleep overcome her senses.

--

"She's already asleep so don't make any noises."

Haseul stated as she took a seat into the living room, Kahei easing her nerves by massaging her shoulders and Haseul was never this thankful at having a girlfriend like her.

"Unnie, you know Minju's friends are dangerous, right? We don't know them at all." Yerim spoke as she was hugged by Jinsoul closer.

Haseul nodded. Yerim is right. Minju's friends are dangerous until they won't meet her.

"I think she'll be gone tomorrow again." Hyejoo stated as the others nodded, except for some.

"How did you know, Hyejoo-ah?"

"I think I already figured it out, Jiwoo-unnie."

And Hyejoo kept everyone's attention on her the whole span of her story in conclusion to understand things better. To understand 'her' better.

Meanwhile,

Hyewon couldn't keep up anymore. Yujin is breaking things, throwing them everywhere she can think of and just plain destroying everything off.

"Yujin please calm down. Just calm down plea-"

"YOU ARE ASKING ME TO CALM DOWN WHILE THAT GIRL WAS LOOKING AT MINJU LIKE THAT?!"

Hyewon pulled away as immediately. She knew Yujin's behavior becomes worst and worst everyday and this was the first time after so many years.

"They are friends, Yujin."

"That Chaewon is Minju's past lover. They were together before!" Yujin deadpan and honestly, Hyewon will appreciate her shoutings even more than her stating things in a monotone voice.

It's her last straw.

It happened all too fast for Hyewon to catch up as well.

Minju was confined and Yujin went inside her room to check up on her.

But when she went there, Chaewon was in charge of looking after the girl and thus made Yujin lose her calm and walk out only to lash things inside her room.

"It's your fault that Minju was even there. You made them fight."

Yujin halted almost immediately at that. And Hyewon cursed herself for blurting those things out.

"It's my fault now?" Oh god, her voice is so different.

This sounds more, humanly. More normal than the either monotone or yellings. This is like the kid An Yujin and Hyewon was so close in snapping hard at just how crazy things are.

"Is it my goddamn fault that you placed peanuts on her food?!" Uh-oh. Yujin was blaming her.

Hyewon sighed. This is getting out of hand and she certainly doesn't want broken bones when she get out of this room.

And there's only one thing-- more on one person-- who can make this kid stop.

Hyewon swiftly went out of the room and went into the direction she should be heading into.

She should be fine by now, she NEEDED to be.

She then went inside the room, unannounced. With her act still on her sleeves.

She should be the weak Hyewon. The one they saw at the hallway that one time.

"Is Minju already fine? Yujin is trashing things out because she's so guilty of what happened."

--

Yujin was breathing so hard. After her tantrums, shards of broken glasses where everywhere. Her bed is messy, hands bleeding as well.

She's leaning into the wall, head casted down into the floor, looking at her bleeding hand.

Her eyes are glowing under the dim lights and anyone who'll come in unannounced will be frightened to death at the mess inside the room.

There's nothing near recognizable from how it was arranged yesterday.

Hyewon went inside the room and opened the lights, gasping almost immediately when she saw the aftermath of what happened after she left for exactly 2 minutes.

This just means that Yujin was hella serious about this. About Minju. She isn't going back down even for a bit and Hyewon doesn't think this is a good idea at all.

"Yujin-ah..."

She called only to get nothing in return. She have 2 interns behind her and both of them also gasped at the mess made in the room.

"Minju is still not awake. But she'll be here when she soon will so please. Let us clean this."

Yujin looked at Hyewon with bored eyes, completely aware of the 2 interns behind her but ignored them completely.

"What are the both of you doing in here?"

The 2 interns were obviously shocked at the way Yujin accounted them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter