Chapter 1

Who really are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you think we'll survive our way in there? You know how they say those type of people can be aggressive." Yena shivered at the thought.

She is still an intern and she doesn't want to die in the psychiatric ward.

The black haired beside her smacked her head to knock some sense into her.

"Are you dumb? Those people in the psychiatric ward are different from those at the mental hospital. They're not insane and besides, they are just mentally incapable than normal people do."

The other 10 interns inside the bus nodded. Yena can only pout before sighing in defeat.

Indeed, even the way into the psychiatric ward is creepy.

Tall trees and grasses on the side of the road made it look like they're into a horror fim.

Of course, psychiatric wards in the deepest pit of Gwangju will be less pretty like those in Seoul and Gangnam.

They are more in the country side after all.

The black haired, Yuri, looked at the opposite row, only to see the owner of the seat looking at the window with nothing much of emotion.

Yuri looked at the light orange haired behind the girl and saw her almost the same, except that she still have an ounce if courage to talk to their team leader instead of mopping at herself.

"Psst. Minju unnie." Yuri called to the chestnut haired girl.

The other's attention were put into the girl too, seemingly noticing the dark aura revolving around her.

The girl looked at Yuri with a blank face that it almost made her look unrecognizable.

But Yuri still smiled and lifted up her cookies.

"Do you want some?"

"No." Minju softly yet emotionlessly answered before looking back at the window again.

Yuri can only sigh along with the others.

"She's still deeply scarred. It's just yesterday." Yena confided the girl beside her who nodded in agreement.

"But why do Chaewon unnie look fine?" She asked before she was greeted with a shake in the head.

"Chaewon may look like she's fine but she's just as hurt. And people's sensitivity are different Yul." Yuri nodded again before sighing and focusing herself into the road instead.

Minju heard all of what Yena and Yuri said and they are quiet right, except for the part when they said Chaewon is hurting as much as she do.

'She doesn't look even like a bit hurt. She's just a numb human after all.' She scoffed before resting her head into the window again, stopping her tears from falling.

She hates herself for being overly sensitive that just the mere mention of the older girl causes this much of an impact to her.

She closed her eyes as she let the warm feeling in her eyes subside first before opening them again.

The scene changed. The road they are in now is brighter. The trees and tall grasses are already nowhere to be seen and was replaced by walls, not that tall to block the sunrise, but tall enough to cover what's behind it.

"Looks like we are already at the way into the ward." Their team leader, Eunbi, spoke.

Minju looked at the front and looked at the surroundings clearer.

It looks spacey and clean. Better than what she thought it would be.

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE. THE GATES ARE JUST METERS AWAY. I SUGGEST YOU PREPARE YOUR LUGGAGE FOR AN EASY EXIT. THANK YOU."

As soon as they heard the announcement, the interns started doing what they are told feeling excited and nervous at the same time.

It's their first time to serve in the psychiatric ward since it's required for them to practice every field to be able to graduate.

Being a medicine student is nowhere near easy and risking oppurtunities and requirements isn't the best idea at all.

"I hope the nurses and doctors aren't mean. I'll be losing interest if they are." Wonyoung, the youngest of the bunch stated.

The others nodded.

A doctor or nurse usually assists them during the first month of staying at the ward. But it still depends unto their schedule. That's why sharp mind and quick environment adaptation are basic requirements for interns like them (as what Dr. Im told them).

"WE ARE HERE. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SERVICE INTERNS AND HAVE A GOOD DAY."

The girls thanked the operators before exiting one by one.

Team leader Kwon went first of course.

Then the other went out. Minju exited the bus lastly, fixing her uniform as she did so.

"Woah." Gasps were heard and Minju looked at the structure in front of her, mirroring the girls' reactions.

It was humungous. It doesn't look like a ward at all. It looks like a normal modernized hospital and they took a mental note about how it looks so elegant and rich.

GWANGJU PSYCHIATRIC WARD

The iron gates suddenly opened without guards. It caused some of them to jump in shock.

"That surprised me!" Sakura held her chest as she cling into Chaeyeon's arm.

What a scaredy cat.

"Wow. This ward is so rich it doesn't look like a ward at all." Chaewon stated which made them nod, except for Minju of course.

She's too busy looking at one of the window at the left corner of the hospital. She's sure she saw someone in there. But her eyes might deceive her since it's still a little bit far from where she's standing.

'I'm sure there's someone in there.'

"Hey Minju-chan, you okay?" A tap jolted Minju awake and came Nako.

She looked at the short girl before nodding.

Nako looked at the direction where Minju's looking before nodding her head.

'Did she saw someone too?'

"There's nothing there, Minju-chan." Nako, as if reading her mind, stated.

Minju furrowed her brows before looking at the building again.

'I'm sure there's someone...'

"Minju, let's go!"

The girl was then dragged inside.

[Hall 1 (reception area) ]

"This place is even more humungous inside. Damn, rich people and their things." Eunbi stated as she took a look around the hall.

There's so many things but they are just the people inside. Quiet weird if you ask them but yeah, they learned how to not judge the ward.

"There are people there, leader-nim." Minju stated before pointing at the reception desk.

Eunbi nodded before ushering the girls to come with her.

"Excuse me, but we are the new interns." Eunbi stated immediately as she looked at the girl at the area.

'She's pretty.' She thought as she looked at the slightly not-korean-looking girl.

"Oh. Good morning. I am Son Wendy, a nurse in here too. Sorry if I haven't entertained you. I thought you guys are just visiting, no offense of course." The nurse, Wendy, stated which made Eunbi giggle before waving her hands in a dismissive manner.

"It's fine sunbaenim." It's understandable. They are the youngest team on their batch and often mislead people to conclude that they wouldn't be successful. But not to brag, they are the top team as of now, doing works in a very professional methods and ways since all of them are so smart even it doesn't look like it.

"Just call me Wendy. We'll be working together and that's how we address each other in here."

Eunbi nodded before asking Wendy where the people are.

Wendy chuckled, earning glances from the interns.

"As you can see, there's not much of people in here since it's in the country side that's why it's quite a shock you're all in here. Or maybe I wasn't just informed by the board. I was absent for a few days. Well, I think i'll just call you in to Dr. Bae. She's the head doctor."

"Thank you Nu-Wendy."

Eunbi turned to the girls who already had teasing smiles on their faces th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter