Change in plan

KINDERGARTEN COP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3

 

Detectives Lee Chaerin and Kwon Jiyong were already in the airplane, ready for Busan. After spending only a few hours with his colleague, Jiyong already knew it wasn’t going to get that easy. She only ate and rambled about her life when Jiyong wanted the go over the mission once again. Moreover, the woman seemed to be as hard headed as him. After eating her “airplane snack” she finally accepted to look over the case. Over the last few years, Kwon Jiyong had tried to get as much information as possible. Song Mino’s ex-wife was apparently named Sandara Park but she was currently using a fake name to not be easily discovered by her ex-husband.

“Okay so here is the wife at seventeen. She’s from Jeju, named Sandara Park, class of year 2005. She was cheerleader and first violin in the school’s orchestra. “ Lee Chaerin said as she showed Kwon Jiyong the pictures they had found of Sandara Park when she was younger.

As Kwon Jiyong looked down at the pictures he couldn’t help but think that Song Mino had a good taste in women. Park looked stunning, he wouldn’t have expected less of Mino.

“She was also the captain of the girls’ softball team. Her ambition was ‘to travel, experience life and to meet interesting people’.” Lee Chaerin added as she threw a knowing look at Jiyong. Song Mino was indeed an interesting person.

Kwon Jiyong was about to say something but stopped himself as he felt his seat being pushed forward as a noisy kid kicked the back of his seat. He slowly turned his head to look at the kid behind him and squinted his eyes, glaring at the kid.

“Relax.” Lee Chaerin said as she gave him a quick pat on his left arm. “Don’t let him get to you.” Kwon Jiyong reluctantly turned back to his original position and looked down at the papers his colleague was showing him.

“That’s her, ten years later.”

“What a great shot.” He said ironically as he looked at the picture of Sandara Park with Song Mino. It wasn’t a good quality picture and Sandara was wearing a hat as well as sunglasses. It was impossible to recognize her now. “Did you get in touch with her parents?”

“They are both dead. The only relative she’s got left is the kid.”

Once again, the kid behind Jiyong kicked on the sit in front of him, and hit Jiyong behind the head with his toy. The detective didn’t think twice before turning around and wresting the toy from the child’s hands.

“Hey!” The child sadly said as his toy was taken away from him. Lee Chaerin threw an annoyed look at Jiyong, as she gave the toy back to the kid; she couldn’t believe how impatient her colleague was.

“Okay, this is the only picture we have of him. Mino Jr., aged three months.”

“That helps much.” Jiyong said ironically as he gave the picture back to Chaerin.

“It’s the best I could do, okay?”

Before Jiyong could reply, a flight attendant came up to them and asked if they wanted their lunch.

“Yes, please.” Jiyong quietly said as he started making room for the small tray.

“No, no.” Chaerin said as she shook her hand, signaling the flight attendant she didn’t want anything.

“That’s a first.” Her colleague said snickering.

As Jiyong started talking a look a the tray he had in front of him, Lee Chaerin sighed before talking again.

“Listen, I was just thinking. Maybe we should get to know each other a bit before we have to pretend we’re married.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Well, how long have we been married?”

“A long time. People won’t expect us to talk much to each other…” For the third time, Kwon Jiyong was stopped by the kids behind him that kicked his seat again, this time muck more forcefully. He frowned before turning around and saw three boys fighting over some childish book.

“Hey, come here.” Kwon Jiyong said to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter