Caught in the act

KINDERGARTEN COP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter one

 

Kwon Jiyong had to work fast if he wanted to finally put behind bars the man he had been chasing for years. Every time Jiyong was about to catch him in the act, the bastard found a way to escape. But this time was going to be different. As he started walking faster trying to spot him, Jiyong knew that today he wasn’t going to let Song Mino escape.

It didn’t take long for Kwon Jiyong to spot his prey. The bastard was walking fast and looking around him, making sure that nobody was following him. The cop started walking behind him, sunglasses on, so that Mino wouldn’t recognize his face and run away. Since it was a Sunday afternoon, the shopping mall was obviously crowded. Families had gathered there to enjoy their afternoon and children were running around everywhere. It was making Jiyong's task more difficult as too many people were in his way. It was as if Song Mino knew he was being followed and thus started walking faster. Not being able to push everybody out the way, otherwise Jiyong would have been spotted, the cop ended up by losing sight of Mino. 

 

On one part of the mall that was accessible for staff only, two junkies were waiting for someone. They were in a room were the staff stocked all the decorations for their upcoming event in the shopping mall. The guy was arguing with his girlfriend that she shouldn’t been here with him. He was supposed to meet Mino in a few minutes. The drug trafficker had especially asked him to come along, otherwise he would been in trouble. 

“You shouldn’t be here.” The guy said as he tried to find a place to hide his girlfriend, knowing that the other man would arrive anytime. “I know. Ask for at least a thousand dollars, okay?” “I’ll get as much as I can. You hide. Now.” His hold on her was now starting to become stronger as he tried to make her hide somewhere. He was starting the sweat, as he was starting to get more and more afraid just thinking about the outcome of this situation. Song Mino was not someone you wanted the mess around with. The guy was crazy and had killed many people in his life without bliking an eyes. “His wife took his kid and a couple of million… And we're not going to get a thousand.” She said, complaining to her boyfriend. But her voice was quivering because of her stress.

He couldn’t listen to his girlfriend anymore. If she kept talking instead of hiding, they risked being discovered by Mino and the guy had no pity for anyone. He would shoot them dead. 

“Shut up and stay hidden. I told him I was coming alone.” He quickly said before pushing her into a pile of cardboard.

Soon enough, steps could be heard from the corridor that led to the storage room. The guy was starting to sweat because of the stress this situation was inflicting him.

“Hey, Mr. Song. How is it going?” The junkie hesitantly asked as he saw Mino appear from the dark corridor. He didn't know if he should shake hands with man or if he should keep himself at distance from him. Trying to appear confident, he took a step foward, getting ready to shake Mino's hand, but that gesture was quickly dismissed as Mino started walking around the room, making sure that they were all alone. 

“You said you had information about my family.”

“Yeah, yeah. I do.”

The look on Song Mino’s face only meant business; he didn’t come here to play. As he was talking with the junkie, Kwon Jiyong was trying to find where the bastard went after managing to escape somewhere in the mall. He was running in the private corridors, but they were so many that he felt like being in a labyrinth. Jiyong was running out of time and couldn’t afford opening every door he saw in his way but he couldn’t afford letting that bastard escape from him once again. The cop, Kwon Jiyong, had been looking for him for so long that even his bosses were starting the get fed up. 

“Well, let’s have it.” Mino said as he started looking around the room, making sure nobody else was here.

“Well… It’s going to cost you.” The poor guy dared asking. “Like ten thousand dollars…”

Song Mino didn’t reply to his demand and kept on looking around the room.

“Okay, maybe not that much. We can negotiate, right?” The guy said seeming more stressed out than ever. “Five thousand should be fine… I mean, more than fine.”

This time, Mino stopped looking around and looked straight at the junkie. “Just tell me what you have, kid… And I will take good care of you.”

Mino smiled up at him; he had this twisted smile that screamed to not trust him. Nevertheless, the junkie knew better than to piss Song Mino off. Everybody drug dealer around Seoul knew that the guy was crazy and heartless. 

“Okay… That, That sounds fair. I was doing a delivery last week for Dunkin Donuts and well, I, I ran into your ex. It was out of the city and-”

“How’d she look?”

“She looked great Mr. Song.” Mino looked at him expectantly before starting to pace around the room again. “Yeah. She changed her hair and stuff… but she looked like a million dollars.” The guy said chuckling, tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter