Fire drill

KINDERGARTEN COP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 5

 

The next morning, detective Kwon Jiyong got up at six a.m and went for a jogging in his neighborhood. Despite being on an undercover mission, he thought that doing sports was primordial in order to keep in shape and he also hoped that it would allow him to free his mind a little since he felt like he was going crazy because of these kids. He never really liked children, except his own little boy he had with his ex-wife, even though he haven’t seen him for a while. After jogging for about thirty minutes he went back home and found his colleague Lee Chaerin still asleep in her bedroom. Jiyong wondered how she even managed to become a detective; she was way too dissipated and lazy for the job. After taking a quick shower, he got ready for the long day ahead of him. He was already dreading the idea of supervising the children for another day and was cursing Chaerin for being sick when she would have been a major pawn in the mission. However, he now understood why she quit her job as a teacher.

 

“He is gay.” One of the mothers said to the rest of the group of mothers gathered near the entrance of the school, waiting for the “new teacher” to arrive. “What kind of man teaches kindergarten? He is obviously gay.”

The day before, the kids had come home saying that Ms. Hagley was temporary replaced by Mr. Kwon and it had attracted the curiousness of the mothers who wanted to see who that new teacher was.

“Mmh, a male kindergarten is not was I’m used to.” One of the mothers said.

“Well, my daughter calls him ‘The giant’.” Another one said as she crossed her arms in front of her, trying to shield herself from the cold.

Suddenly one of the kids came running towards his mother.

“There he is.” The kid said as he pointed at his new teacher.

The mother smiled at him as she gently patted her kid’s head. “Where, honey?” She asked as she stated looking at where her kid was pointing. As soon as she spotted Mr. Kwon, her smile started to vanish as she realized how hot the new kindergarten teacher was. “Holy cow… Is that your new teacher?” She asked in astonishment. As she saw her son nodding vigorously, she quickly turned around trying to hide herself from the new teacher.

“Oh my god.” The mother said in panic as the other mothers started looking at her curiously.

“What are you doing?” One of the mothers asked her.

“I am not wearing makeup.” The mother replied in panic.

“None of us are.”

“But… You’re married, you’re allowed to look like slobs.” The mother quickly said as she tried to walk away from the school’s entrance.

As Kwon Jiyong made his way to the elementary school, he noticed that the parents were now looking at him curiously, all the kids must have told their parents that there was a new teacher in town. Because of the tight fitted polo he was wearing, Jiyong’s abs were easily noticeable when he walked and without even noticing, he made all the single mothers drool just by the sight of him. He heard them giggling but he actually thought it was because yesterday was kind of a fail for him with the kids, but it was actually because the mothers found him attractive.

As he walked inside the school and went to his classroom, he saw the kids starting to get in there, as some of the mothers accompanied them in front of the classroom’s door.

“Good morning Mr. Kwon.” The kids politely said as soon as they saw him.

“Good morning.” He replied as he went to his desk and started to take his things out. He didn’t exactly know how he was going the keep investigating yet but he hoped that he would get some information today.

As he started writing today’s date on the chalkboard (that took hours to clean the previous day), one mother came to him.

“Hi. I’m Lisa. Jimin’s mom…” She said, shaking his hand. “I was wondering if you had a minute, I would like to speak with you…” She gently asked the new teacher as she glanced at him quite flirtatiously.

“Sure.” He said as he invited the mother to take a sit in front of his desk as he sat behind it.

Compared to the other women he had seen when he arrived at the school, this one was nicely dress with her makeup and hair done. Her hair was platinum blonde and people could easily guess that she went to the hair salon not too long ago. The mother in front of him definitely liked taking care of herself and had enough money to do so.

“A male kindergarten teacher… Quite unusual.” She said, smiling at Jiyong. As she saw Jiyong glancing at her awkwardly, she kept going. “You’re not from around here, are you?”

“No, I’m not.”

“Neither am I...” She said as Jiyong nodded. “Anyway, mmh… I have a small problem.” She said, looking tentatively at him at she stared fidgeting with her fingers.

“Yes?”

“You see… Jimin’s father doesn’t live with us anymore… And I’ve just been worried about my son… He is acting a little strange lately… You know doing odd things…”

This time, the mother got Kwon Jiyong’s full attention. The Sandara Park he was looking for was not living with her son’s father anymore and it would only be normal for her son to act a bit weird. Also, if that woman was a single mother, how could she afford being dressed and pampered like this? As far as he knew, Song Mino's ex-wife had left him and stole most of the money he had made with drug trafficking. 

“Like what?” Kwon Jiyong asked.

“Well… it seems like he had become a little obsessed with playing with dolls… You know, it’s weird.” She stated awkwardly.

Jiyong smiled a bit at her as he listened to her. “I think I can help you with that.” He said, knowing perfectly why her son was playing with dolls.

“Really?”

“He uses the dolls to look up the girls’ skirts.” Jiyong said chuckling. “I caught him doing it yesterday.”

The mother seemed a bit taken aback as she looked at the new teacher. “Oh… Well, okay, that’s a relieve.”

“But I’ll keep an eye on him, okay?” Jiyong assured her, still smiling.

“Thank you.”

However, Jiyong ended up frowning his eyebrows a bit and before letting the mother go, he asked her a few questions. If he wanted to put Song Mino behind bars, he had to act quickly. He didn’t have much time to find Park Sandara, and the more he was able to talk with the kid’s mothers, the more likely he was to find the woman.

“Does… Jimin ever see his father?” Jiyong asked.

“No… Not since he was two years old. His father lives in Seoul.”

Kwon Jiyong squinted his eyes as he heard her answer. Mino was living in Seoul.

“It’s far away.” Jiyong simply stated as he stared at the mother in front of him.

“Mmh mmh.” She nodded.

Jiyong wanted to keep asking questions but he had to act discretely, asking too many questions would only make the mother suspicious about him and if she discovered that the cops were looking for her and the drug money she had stolen from her ex-husband, she would try to run away with her son once again.

“Well, if you give me his name and number…” He started saying as he got up from his seat. “I could talk to him... about taking more interest in his son.”

“Thank you, I appreciate the gesture but I don’t think so.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter