Testimony

KINDERGARTEN COP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2

 

Kwon Jiyong made sure Song Mino was brought to the Seoul police station as he went to get his witness where he had left her, handcuffed to the dead body. The witness seemed to be still in state of chock and didn’t want to cooperate. Cindy –that was her name- was starting to get on Jiyong’s nerves. He needed her if he wanted to put Song behind the bars. For once, Song Mino didn’t manage to get rid of all the witnesses; it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for Jiyong. As he and the witness arrived at the police station, she started screaming to everyone that could hear her.

“The bastard handcuffed me to a dead man!” She tried getting out of Jiyong’s hold as he was trying to calm her. “A dead man!”

“Calm down. Sit down.” After sending her the darkest glare possible, the girl sat down, avoiding his gaze. “Now, did David say what Song Mino’s wife looked like?”

“No.”

“Did he say what name she was using in Busan?”

“He didn’t say anything.” She spat. “Look I just want to go home.” The girl as she tried to get up from her sit, but Jiyong quickly pushed down against the chair.

“After the lineup, I’ll drive you home.”

“I’m not doing any lineup, and there ain’t no you can say about that!”

This time the girl pushed Jiyong aside and exited the interrogation room. She was really getting on his nerve. He exited the room right behind her and saw the other policemen looking at them but not doing a . Was he the only one working here?

“I’ve been after Song for four years… And you guys are letting my key witness walk away?” Kwon Jiyong couldn’t help but scream at his colleagues.

This time, Kwon Jiyong lost his temper and grabbed the girl, no caring if he was hurting her or not. If she didn’t want to cooperate with the nice Jiyong, she would have to cooperate with the rough one.

“Sit down! I said SIT. DOWN!” This time the girl silently complied, she scared of what he could as she saw he putting his hand on his waistband, where his gun was. “All you have to do is point your finger and we can put him away for years. He knows we have a witness and if we don’t put him behind the bars, he will come after you. You choose.”

“But, he wasn’t even my boyfriend…” The girl said crying. “I hardly even know the guy.”

“I know you where in there when Mino killed him.”

“I know what you want but you ain’t getting it, you bastard. No lineup, no testimony. You can shove your handcuffs up your ! Now let me out of here!”

Kwon Jiyong didn’t how to convince her anymore, if the possibility of Mino being after her didn’t scare her, there was nothing more he could say. As he was trying to get her to stay here and tell them what she saw, his boss came to him with a woman.

“Lee Chaerin, meet Kwon Jiyong… Kwon has been on this case for a long time.” The boss said laughingly. Why was nobody taking this seriously? The guy had killed someone today for god’s sake.

“Hi.” Lee Chaerin said, sticking her hand out for an handshake. “Let me take care of the girl.”

“No, I will. She’ll make Mino, I guarantee it.”

“And what are you going to do?” Chaerin said as she raised an eyebrow, expectantly. “Handcuff her to your car and take her for a ride?”

“Well I’m not going to offer her dinner, that’s for sure.”

Right after saying that, detective Kwon Jiyong exited the police station to find the witness and convince her to come back. He didn’t have much time, if he didn’t come back with the witness, he would have to let Song Mino get out.

“Kwon Jiyong is a difficult man. Got to get to know him.” The boss said, without holing his sigh.

“Oh, I can’t wait.” Inspector Lee Chaerin said before going back to her new office.

 

As Jiyong exited the police station he didn’t see the witness. This had managed to escape and was about to throw all his hard work away. Jiyong had been obsessed with this case for four freaking years but never managed to find enough evidence to send Song Mino to jail. Despite being one of the best policemen the Seoul Police Department ever had, Song Mino was giving inspector Kwon Jiyong a hard time. Every body knew that the guy was a big drug kingpin around Seoul but Mino was good at getting rid of evidences. Jiyong quickly hopped in his car and turned the ignition before making his way to downtown Seoul. He will not give up on this case and he will make that crazy do the lineup, whether she wanted it or not. According to the way she was dressed and how her makeup was done, Jiyong could clearly tell she was a junkie. Not to make any hasty judgment but Kwon Jiyong knew how it worked around here and could easily tell that this girl didn’t have a home and usually hang out from clubs to clubs with nowhere to go. It was not hard for Jiyong to assume where the witness might have gone.

As Kwon Jiyong reached his destination, he quickly parked on the side of the road and exited his car. He was in front of one of the trashier nightclub in Seoul. The place was run by a band of Mexican drug dealers and was known for being the best place in town if you were looking for bar fights. As Jiyong made his way toward the entrance of the nightclub, a e surrounded by two man came started to walk towards him.

“Hey baby…” She woman said as she ran her tongue above her lips.

Kwon Jiyong glared at her under his sunglasses and kept walking as the women layed her back against his car. The two bouncers at the entrance of the club noticed him and didn’t seem to be willing to let him inside the club.

“¿Dónde vas?” One of the bouncers asked, getting ready to push Jiyong out of the way. However, Jiyong didn’t think twice and punched him right on the face, making the guy fall backwards. He then grabbed the other bouncer by the collar and gave him a headbutt. Kwon Jiyong didn’t have time to be friendly, he had to get the girl and quickly bring her back to the police station. As both bouncers were on the floor, Kwon Jiyong walked past them before turning around to look at the e and the two man beside her.

“Oh, excuse me.” Jiyong started saying as he got his hand inside his coat. “I forgot to introduce myself.” He kept walking toward the small group as he got out a submachine gun from his coat, making the girl and the two men step backwards in fear. “My name is Kwon Jiyong… And I love my car.”

“Don’t worry bro, I… I’ll keep an eye on it for you.” One of the guy started to say as his eyes focused on the weapon Jiyong was holding.

“You… You got a beautiful ride.” One of the other men said as the e tried hiding behind him. Kwon Jiyong wanted to laugh at the situation, the guys were obviously about to pee in their pants but if Jiyong didn’t act that, in such place he could have said goodbye to his black BMW.

The detective started to walk backwards, not lowering his weapon and ended up going inside the club as the little group looked at him in astonish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter