Despair; Dahyun #1

A Story About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Despair; Dahyun #1

 

"Your friend asked me a very interesting question the other day."

 

Dahyun placed her fork and knife neatly back to their original places and looked at the person in front of her.

 

She was appropriately dressed, as always; with a grin on her face, as always.

 

"And what was the question?" Dahyun asked nonchalantly.

 

"She asked me whether you would know how to distinguish a salad fork from a fish fork." She chuckled before using the fork and stabbed it elegantly into the steak, that was cut bite-sized. She smiled as she tasted the food. She was pleasant about the course tonight.

 

Dahyun never fonded Ms Park's dinner, as she was not a fan of the high-end, three-star-Michelin and overly priced restaurants. She was confident that the lawyer knew her preference in food, but so far, Dahyun found herself stuck in this kind of restaurants at least twice a month.

 

"Well, how did you answer her?" Dahyun asked then continued with her dinner.

 

"I just simply told her that you would never be in a situation where you need to distinguish the two utensils."

 

"Yet, I am having dinner with you..." Dahyun did some mental math, "for about the 80th time?"

 

She smiled, "Seems like you still hide a lot of secrets from your friends."

 

"Yes, I do," Dahyun replied bluntly, which made Ms Park smiled.

 

"Oh Dahyun, my niece, you are such an interesting kid."

 

"How is she doing?"

 

"I guess, like a normal employee?" Ms Park answered.

 

Dahyun always liked talking with her aunt. She liked how she could talk to her without any context beforehand, and her aunt would know what she was asking. Both of them were smart people. Even though Dahyun never considered herself as intelligent.

 

"Well, please continue to take care of her for me."

 

"Kim Dahyun, concerning for a friend? That's a bit surprising." Her aunt said, again with a grin on her face, "What's going on? Did something ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter