Lost; Nayeon #1

A Story About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lost; Nayeon #1

 

It was a terse call from the damn eagle, but Nayeon knew her other friend, Jeongyeon, was in trouble again.

 

Nayeon grunted.  

 

"What did she do this time?"  She got off from her warm and cosy bed, which the cold air greeted her and made her shivered in response.  With a few trips and stumblings, she finally made her way to her wardrobe.  The storage space was in a chaotic state, just like her room; a sense of fashion was the last thing to worry about at the very moment, considering she was supposed to rescue her friend.  A black down jacket was spotted, and Nayeon grabbed it forcefully out of the pile of clothing.

 

Only wearing her pyjamas and a down jacket, she snatched her car keys from the kitchen table and left the house quickly. 

 

It took Nayeon 15 minutes to arrive at the usual place.  Not the usual place for the four of them, but it was more like Nayeon and Dahyun's usual spot, now that she thought about it.  Although her relationship with Dahyun was not as good as before, both of them were actually really close in primary school, and they would spend time after school at that place and played marbles together.  The area was just an empty concrete space surrounded by tall residential buildings.  Nayeon always thought the place was random, just like a bit of land that was abandoned; in an awkward land size for developers to make any profit at all.  Nevertheless, the place was Nayeon and Dahyun's childhood.

 

Expecting Dahyun would be present to give at least some sort of explanation to her, Jeongyeon was the one there, squatting, mumbling, and drunk. 

 

"Jeongyeonie."  She said with a soft tone, even though she wanted to kick the person to the ground for waking her up so early in the morning.

 

"Nayeon...  Thank you." 

 

"You are welcome," Nayeon swung her friend's left arm on her shoulder and walked her to the car.

 

It was like a routine for Nayeon to clean up Jeongyeon's mess.  When Jeongyeon decided to retake the university entrance exam short after she got released from the court, Nayeon's worry for her friend was lifted.  The other two were relieved too.  She could still remember after Jeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter