Found; Jeongyeon #1

A Story About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Found; Jeongyeon #1

 

The time had stopped for a second, she felt herself in the middle of the air, fighting against the laws of gravity.  Her view was fixed towards her graduation hat high above her, the black hat spun little by little in contrast to the bright blue sky.

 

Jeongyeon swore she never jumped so high up in her life, this was the one and only lifetime experience for her.  She surely made the jump count.

 

A special moment was doesn’t last for long.  Approximately a second later, Jeongyeon life returned back to normal.  With a new addition to her life, she was now a person that graduated from the bachelor of law.

 

Jeongyeon was a bit late compared to her friends.  But she was still excited to see the three of them beside her for this particular day.

 

Nayeon with the biggest smile on her face sprinted towards Jeongyeon.  The graduate almost got tackled by Nayeon’s bear hug. The other two, just like normal people would do, talked to greet her.

 

“Congrats, Jeongyeon,” Sana said while handing the bunch of flowers.  Jeongyeon admired the flowers, assumed it was picked and arranged by the giver.

 

The talented girl was in a blue striped off-shoulder top with jeans, showing off her broad shoulders.  It was a few weeks ago since she last saw Sana, Jeongyeon guaranteed the girl became prettier. Something about Sana changed.  But at the moment, she could not determine the change, all her attention was focused on the person next to Sana.

 

“I helped.”  Dahyun eyed on the bunch of flowers, “Congratulations.”  

 

Jeongyeon was shocked that Dahyun came to her graduation.  All of them knew how busy the eagle could be. For Jeongyeon, Dahyun could only be spotted at the hospital or at the university campus.

 

Dahyun was in her formal work clothes.  The Dahyun in high school uniform or in casual clothes was already long gone in her mind.  

 

The previous occasion that Dahyun noticed her presence was last year when they literally ran into each other in the hallway.  Jeongyeon was heading to the library to revise her notes, and Dahyun came from the art building.

 

They later grabbed lunch in a cafe nearby.  Just a thought, what was Dahyun doing in the art building?  She just remembered that day Dahyun gave her some valuable advice about the scholarship interview.  That was a stressful interview, Jeongyeon recalled.

 

“You guys wanna grab lunch?”  Nayeon suggested, “I am starving.”

 

“I got work,”  Dahyun said without hesitating.  “Sorry, everyone.”

Jeongyeon could feel the mood slightly changed as soon as the doctor spoke.

 

The smile on the bunny girl’s face faded.  Knowing Nayeon the best out of the three, she knew what the bunny was thinking.  What a buzzkill.

 

If Jeongyeon didn’t want to be involved in law, she would’ve been a firefighter.  She and Sana had already extinguished multiple sparks between Nayeon and Dahyun. She didn’t know when all the tension between the two started, maybe when Nayeon moved out?

 

“Make sure not to kill anyone today.”  Jeongyeon joked, Sana seemed to get the signal too.  

 

“I also have extra nursery shifts this afternoon, need to cover my water bill expenses,”  Sana attempted to ease the situation, “took too many baths.”

 

“Fine, then,” said Nayeon.

 

Nayeon always had a soft spot for Sana, and Sana herself used it to her advantage.  

 

“You two don’t be jealous when I post yummy foods with Jeongyeon on Instagram…  Let’s go, Jeong.” Nayeon curled her arms with Jeongyeon’s, headed towards the exit of the campus.

 

Jeongyeon turned around and waved at the other two.  Sana waved back excitedly, sending finger hearts and kisses to her.  Dahyun waved back, with a small grin on her face.

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon never knew someone could be so indecisive, in terms of picking a filter for her newly taken photo.

 

The girl would never know Nayeon was that kind of person.  Since when she had become addicted to attention? Or maybe she just wanted to share her joy of eating good food others.

 

“What’s the problem?”  Nayeon asked and locked her phone, placed it beside her.

 

“Nothing,”  Jeongyeon continued with the fancy steak set, “It’s really good.”

 

The once perfectly sliced steak was now being cut into tiny cubes entered Nayeon’s mouth.  After a second, Nayeon’s face was filled with enjoyment.

 

Jeongyeon could help to smile from this scene.  After she got released from the police, the latter started to focus on the little things in life.  She was intrigued by how people’s reactions to things, instead of the thing itself.

Without anyone knowing, including herself, Jeongyeon had transformed from the unobservant to an attentive person.  Jeongyeon had been secretly changing herself, ever since the last incident.

 

It was the darkest spot in her life, which Jeongyeon never wanted to think or talk about it again.  Till now, the shame and embarrassment were still present when she visited her parents during special holiday events.

 

As for her friends, Jeongyeon thanked them for not bringing up anything that could lead to the court case.  Nayeon and Sana were with her during the whole process. Dahyun, on the other hand, showed up frequently. The eagle had her reason for not being in court with me.

 

Police sirens could be heard from a distance.  Jeongyeon remembered the local police station was located just around the corner.  It was the same sound when it all started.

 

 

 

 

Sharp police sirens could be heard from a distance, waking Jeongyeon up.

 

She had a look at the clock on her bedside table.  It was 2 in the morning.

 

Still sleepy from her dreams, she sat up and looked at Nayeon.  The bunny girl was sleep soundlessly on her own bed.

 

The sound became more clear, and it seemed like it was heading towards their apartment.

 

Thinking she would never be able to get back to sleep again, Jeongyeon got out of her warm and fuzzy bed.  The winter air hit Jeongyeon’s body, causing her to shiver. A cup of warm chocolate would be an excellent choice to start the ruined day.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter