Found; Jeongyeon #2

A Story About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Found; Jeongyeon #2

 

Jeongyeon woke up around noon in the next morning, one of the many perks of being a NEET.  A person who’s not in education, employment or training.

 

Her stomach grumbled and protested for food, she responded by a quick bath and dressed up her casual clothes (this time not in her sleepwear) and headed down to have lunch.

 

The takeaway sushi was nevertheless a bit shabby, in contrast to yesterday’s sumptuous lunch with Nayeon.  With the current state of her bank account, that was the only thing she could afford.

 

Nayeon was the one who paid yesterday, and Jeongyeon felt terrible.  Jeongyeon was sure that her friend wouldn’t mind with her generous heart she had.  After all, Nayeon was the mum of the group.

 

Sana was the one who popped in her mind when she was enjoying the Japanese food.  Every time the four of them went out for Japanese food, Sana would turn back to "Japanese mode"  and mumble things in Japanese while she’s eating.  Jeongyeon didn’t understand any of it, as she paid absolutely zero attention in Japanese classes during her high school years. Nayeon would be the best out of the three Koreans, if not mistaken, she chose Japanese for each year’s subject selection.

 

The Japanese was the special one; she was enthusiastic and energetic, came up with jokes which even made Jeongyeon question her true nationality.  Sana was a born comedian; if not, an energiser to the human race.

 

However, things started the decline over the years; it became evident when they all moved in together.  From the fours years of being roommates, Sana’s happiness level gradually declined, to the level of ordinary beings.  Sana was not Sana anymore.

 

She recalled the time where Sana was missing for two days; both of them were worried.  And by both of them, Jeongyeon meant Nayeon and herself. Dahyun didn’t return home in those days too; she worked on call.  

 

The two of them decided not to distract the eagle while she was working, and took on the fright by themselves.  They were just about to file a missing person report when the door opened. Only to find out Sana came back home safely, and with a bonus, hand in hand with the fellow eagle.

 

Afterwards according to Dahyun, apparently Sana was waiting for her at the hospital.  The red herring was perfunctory and clearly made up, but strangely, both of them gladly accepted the explanation.   

 

Nevertheless, if her younger self was chilled about the missing case of Minatozaki Sana, she assumed the truth was tiny to care about.

 

 

 

 

The lingering feeling of boredom was at the bottom of her heart; Jeongyeon knew her personality act up before she would even notice.  She mentally established possible ways to entertain herself till her bedtime, which was more than 10 hours away.

 

She always wanted to catch up with the Japanese, and ask how her life has been for her, after they moved out.  

 

Rather than messaging the latter for their hangout, Jeongyeon thought she would play detective, and tried to figure out the possible locations for Minatozaki Sana during this day.  

 

Sana graduated and went to university, but only to defer he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter