five

Fake It Till You Make It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is part three of a three chapter update and probs the last one in a while bc i never update fast enough

Things were surprisingly getting easier; Jisoo had expected to be on edge for the whole time his mother was around, but after a few days, he had gotten used to the way everything was running. That included all the times Jeonghan would cling to his arm and hold his hand. Even sharing a bed with the blonde was manageable. It also included his mother’s teasing smiles and random comments about how cute they looked together.

Sometimes, Jeonghan would go as far as kissing his cheek, but the blonde would always pretend to gag the moment Evelyn wasn’t looking. Likewise, Jisoo would pointedly wipe his cheek, suppressing the urge to laugh. He was glad that Jeonghan was willing to go through all of that with him; he knew that he wouldn’t hear the end of it once his mother left, though. He would probably have to do all the chores for a month.

Thankfully, the night of the batch reunion gave him some time to breathe.

“What do you think of this one?”

Jeonghan stood in the middle of the room with a towel wrapped around his waist and nothing else. He held up a loose, white polo shirt a good distance away from him, careful not to get it wet with the water droplets still dripping from his hair. They still had time before the batch reunion later that night, but Jisoo had expected that the other would get ready as soon as possible. He needed to look his best, after all, since he was one of the batch’s popular students.

“Don’t you have a black version of that?” The brunette answered from his spot on the bed, momentarily looking up from his phone. His eyes narrowed, “actually, isn’t that white one mine, Jeonghan?”

“You’re not going to wear it, Shuji.”

“Neither will you,” Jisoo said, rolling his eyes when the other merely stuck a tongue out at him.

The brunette continued to watch with mild amusement as Jeonghan placed the shirt back inside his closet, mumbling under his breath that he wasn’t planning on returning it to Jisoo any time soon. Jeonghan continued shuffling through his clothes—along with some of Jisoo’s, considering their current living arrangement—and pulled out the black version of the polo shirt from earlier with a triumphant noise.

“Does this one look better?” He asked, turning back towards Jisoo.

Jisoo glanced from the shirt and back towards his best friend before nodding, “yeah. Wear it with those dark jeans you always take forever to wear because its, like, outrageously skinny.”

“Stop being such a hater,” the blonde said disapprovingly but resumed searching around his closet for the specific pair mentioned since he always trusted Jisoo’s advice in the end.

Meanwhile, Jisoo mentally took note of what decent clothes he had lying around; some were still in his room’s closet, but that meant facing his mother, and inevitably, have her judge what he would be wearing. Maybe he could wait until she left to meet her friends, but that would be around the time Seungcheol was going to meet them at the subway station. He’ll probably just end up stealing some of Jeonghan’s clothes.

“Move,” the blonde said, throwing his chosen clothes on the bed. “I need to sit down when I wear these jeans or else I’ll fall flat on my face.”

“You just gave me more reason not to move,” Jisoo said playfully, extending his limbs on the bed, further taking up space, laughing when he received a hit on his leg. He relented soon enough, turning back to his phone to give Jeonghan some privacy as the latter began to change clothes. “Besides, I’ve seen your try wearing those jeans; you also need to hop around the room just to get both legs in.”

“Shouldn’t you be getting dressed by now, too?” Jeonghan asked, just as he was pulling the jeans up, one leg at a time, pointedly doing his best not to stand up and prove the other right.

With a loud sigh, the brunette got up from the bed and headed to his side of their now shared closet, picking out a shirt at random. He had a pair of jeans hanging on one of the chairs and grabbed that, too, deciding that it’ll look fine. It wasn’t anything different from his usual attire, but it’s not like he had anybody to impress at the party. He was just going to talk to a few people and bounce, hopefully bringing Jeonghan with him.

He went inside the bathroom to get changed and also fix himself up, taking a significantly shorter amount of time than Jeonghan did.

When he deemed himself presentable, Jisoo went out and was met with the sight of a fully dressed and styled Yoon Jeonghan. The blonde wore his hair up and mostly parted to the side, showing off his chiseled features. The dark shirt he chose had the first few buttons open as it was tucked into the tight jeans he managed to wear. It hugged his body well and made his legs look a lot longer. For a split second, Jisoo found himself just staring.

“Well?” Jeonghan asked, grinning. “I look good, right?”

Jisoo snapped out of his momentary pause and scoffed, “I think you have to look good, considering how long it took you to get ready, don’t you think?”

“You could be sweet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter