Chapter 2.5 - Rushing out.

Are Secrets One-sided?

I rushed out of the room, leaving a still frozen Chaeryeong there. As I made my way to the door, the person who seemed to be behind it had me even more confused.
“Y-Yeji?” I stuttered out, my tone laced with confusion. My anger was rising, I almost kissed Chaeryeong and now my one of my best friends is at my door.
“Hey, is this a bad time? Ryujin phoned me and told me to come check on you. Are you okay? She sounded pretty worried.” Her tone alone extinguished my anger, and as the words she said finally registered I found myself nodding. “Yes, totally. I, Chaeryeong’s upstairs so you’re welcome to stay and come up?” I cringed as the entire time I was talking my tone was higher than usual.
Seemingly brushing it off, Yeji walked inside and made her way upstairs, me following closely behind. She swung open my bedroom door and we both walked inside, there Chaeryeong was on my laptop. My eyes widened as she was seemingly typing away on it. But as soon as the shock appeared it faded as she let out an annoyed groan. “Yuna! When did you change your password? I want to play games.” She whined out and I could only laugh. As she turned she realised that I wasn’t alone, “Oh. Hi Yeji.” Her tone changed and it was too abrupt for Chaeryeong. I seemed to be the only one to notice though. 
“Hey Chae, and what is your password? I want to go on the games too.” Yeji said in a curious tone, already moving towards my laptop. If they unlock it, they will see the edit post page, open, they’d see all the posts. Pulling out my phone and waiting for it to turn on I look at them in fake shock. “It’s my birthday.” Instantly they rushed and inputted random numbers. “Watch out, you’ll lock me out of it.” 
I rushed over to stop them from typing more. “Come to think of it. I’ve never been on your laptop.” I heard Yeji say and my heart dropped. Trying to unlock my phone to distract me, I moved back. Yet as soon as it was unlocked it was thrown on the bed by a curious Yeji. “What is it that you’re hiding?”
Taking in a secret deep breath, I tried to sound confident and honest. “Nothing just it’s mine and I don’t want to get angry if you were to break it. Anyways I’m going to bring up some drinks.” And with that I rushed out of the room. “I’ll help” Was all I heard behind me as footsteps padded down the stairs close to me.
“Nice blog by the way.” I hear Yeji say quietly once we enter the kitchen, but before I can deny she continues. “I mean I should be thanking you, your words gave me the courage to confess.” Defeated I sigh as I reach up for the cups. “How did you find out?” I ask hoping Ryujin didn’t tell her, not that she would but I can’t stop irrational thoughts as they infiltrated my mind. “Oh, I saw it on your phone.”
My world stops as she utters those words. My phone is unlocked upstairs open on the blog. Dropping the plastic cups I rushed upstairs, she couldn’t know. I repeated in my head and once I swung the door open. There Chaeryeong was on her phone and mine, still unlocked and, dismissed on the bed. Letting out a sigh, I realise Chaeryeong’s eyes are on me.
“Listen, about earlier…” She begins and I can already feel my heart breaking. “I want to apologise for doing it. It was out of order, can we act like it never happened?” I looked up and realised she was standing infront of me now. Hopefulness in her eyes, I was about to say ok. But she let her eyes drift to my lips and leaned in. 
It was only a peck, and I had my eyes wide. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry I don’t know what that was. I’ll be going. Bye” And she was gone. I hear the door slam and the rushed footsteps of Yeji. 
“Why’d she leave? Did you tell her?” Her face showing how shocked she was but I could only shake my head. “She kissed me.” I mumbled, my lips still tingling from the extremely short kiss. I had hoped she wouldn’t understand, but the gasp and squeal of excitement that leaves Yeji means my hopes were denied. “Kissed? Isn’t that good? Why’d you look so down about it, your crush just kissed you.” Confusion was dripping from her voice and I could only look up at my ceiling. Urging myself to not cry. 
“Because her face and actions, they were filled with regret after.” I let out and Yeji seems to finally get what I’m feeling because she rushes to hug me.
“Oh.” Was all she said, before she whispered comforting words in my ear as she tightened her hold on me.

/So the kiss actually happened? And do you think Chaeryeong went on her phone? Thanks and I hoped you enjoyed :P