Chapter Four - "Now we just need Yuna on board."

Are Secrets One-sided?

 

I stared at the dorm room door, unsure of how it will be once I enter. Hesitantly, I raised my hand and I weakly knocked on the door. Immediatley it swung open and there stood a tired looking Yeji and a few other people in the background. 

"Chaeryeong! You actually came. Good, okay... now onto the serious business." Yeji said to me as she moved to the side. My mind now racing as the question of what is serious? began to fly around. Once inside I saw three other people, but I didn't see Yuna. Turning to Yeji confused I spoke up, "Where's Yuna? You said that I'll be able to speak with Yuna when I got here." I knew as soon as the words left my mouth, I was desperate and it showed, but I couldn't find it in me to care.

"And you will. But only if you follow what we say." She replied after a moment of what seemed to be her thinking on what she should actually say. "Okay, what is it? I'll do anything." Which is true but the extent to which I'd actually follow along with that statement scares me a lot. "Well we know why she's been distant." It was now Ryujin's turn to speak up from where she was, sitting next to someone I don't recognise. 

Her sentence peaked my interest, I have my own theories but I don't want to believe any of them, no matter how much evidence I may find I would only believe it if I heard Yuna say it. "Why?" I couldn't stop the question from flying out, but all I recieved as an answer was a chorus of "not our place to tell you." and it made me want to scream out. It has been more than a month since she stopped all contact with me. Since I kissed her. And I regret doing it the way I did it and when I did it, because now I can't think of anything but it. When I kiss Guanlin I feel nothing but uncomfortable, it isn't the same feeling. 

So instead of screaming I just stare at them, silently asking them to explain their plan. At least that is what I think they have.

"So, if you speak with Yuna or meet up with Yuna or anything with Yuna, then it needs to be secret. Meaning no one but the people in this room can know. That means your boyfriend or other friends." Yeji summarises and I don't miss everyone's looks when she mentions my boyfriend, and I had this growing urge to ask. Because I know he isn't a good guy, I probably would've broken up with him by now if it wasn't for Yuna ignoring me. Because this way I'm not constantly alone.

"Okay but why? Is it something to do with the him Yuna was going on about? Because she seemed terrified when she spoke about him. Frantically speaking about things he knows that she doesn't want me to know. If I can stop her from being somewhat scared then I'll do it." I say absent-mindedly, and I saw them all exchange another glance. But then I remind myself, no matter how much evidence I have to hear it from Yuna. They then all smile and one of the people I don't recognise speaks up, "now we just need Yuna on board."

Well my heart just dropped, they haven't spoken to her yet? Yeji immediately pushes the person, laughs a little. "What she means is that we just need to get Yuna's answer. We've already spoken through it all with her. She just wanted a little while to think things over." 

I still feel off about it but still nod along, "Well if that's all I need to go, just text me if this actuallhy happens I guess." I move out of the room and colse the door.

Not missing a muffled voice say, "I'm now scared at how well you pulled that lie off." 

My mind begins to race, so she was lying? Yuna really doesn't know any of this? Maybe she really wants me out of her life, if I never kissed her I wouldn't be here. We would still be friends, nothing would be like it is now. 

I reach the car park and see my sister intently staring at her phone, while she waits on me. 

"Took you long enough! Why did you need to go here for homework?" My sister Chaeyeon fires at me as I sit in the passenger seat.

"Because my friend is with their girlfriend, duh!" I reply in an obnoxious sounding voice, just to properly annoy her. "Stop that, anyways, have you seen that thing going arouind school?" 

Her words stop my attention from drifting, "What thing? Is it interesting?" I quickly question her, suddenly intrigued by this entire thing. "I guess it is a little interesting, but it's more heartbreaking than anything whoever writes the blog I feel sorry for them, if I knew them I'd give them a hug." She casually answers as she drives us home. "Can you show me?" I felt this need to know, I have always hated being out of the loop. And now I felt the most out of it that I have ever been.

"Oh you'll find out soon, it must not have gotten to your year yet. Ask your friend to send you it. What's her name? Yuna. And tell her that I give her a metaphorical hug next time you see her" Chaeyeon proposes as she parks the car and leaves. 

Yuna? Why would Yuna know? "Hey wait! What do you mean..." I trail off once she's gone too far away. So I just rush to my room. Still wondering why Yuna would know? What does she have to with all of this? I let out a groan when more questions appeared than I could answer. My head started to hurt but I couldn't be bothered to stand and leave my bed. So I just closed my eyes and prayed for sleep to come, because whenever I woke up I wouldn't have a headache anymore. 

Soon I felt myself slowly drift off to sleep. Knowing my luck it'll probably be a dreamless one.

 

/not proof read and sorry for the literal hiatus but I'm now on my summer holiday so all my books should be getting updates more often in the next six weeks. Anyways what do you think of the different pov and what do you think will happen next chapter? Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed and hopefully it'll be worth the wait.