Chapter Three - “What if she doesn’t actually hate you?”

Are Secrets One-sided?

On my way home after school, I froze when I saw who was waiting in front of my door. Guanlin. I almost ran away because I know he’s here to brag, here to tell me how great Chaeryeong is with me gone. God, it’s only been two days since she spoke to me. Two whole days and I am acting as if it has been months or even years. 
However I keep walking towards my house. I saw him realise I was coming and her began talking. 
“Hey I just wanna talk.”
I stopped at a the bottom of my steps, motioning for him to continue. 
“I just came to say that Chae’s going to try and talk with you later, she hasn’t stopped talking about how much she wants to make things right between you. But you won’t want to do that.” 
Once he said those words, I felt my blood boil. “Why do I have to listen to you? You’re a cheating and lying son of a . Why do you wan—” I was interrupted by him.
“Nice blog by the way.” I froze, my brain stopped and my heart fell. I felt paralyzed as I saw his smirk grow, “Ahh, so it was true. Anyway I’ll make it simple, you don’t go near Chaeryeong and she won’t know about the blog or how it’s yours. But you go near her of talk or look her way then she’ll find out. Deal?”
I still felt stiff, too shocked to really register anything. All the things that he keeps saying and saying are adding onto the already growing panic, but I moved my head. Nodding though I don’t know why I am agreeing to it. Maybe it’s because she already hates me so why not make it easier for her to? Or it could be how I may lose my feelings for her, may stop being in love with her. 
“Pleasure doing business with you.” And with that he started to walk away and as I saw his figure get smaller. I began to breathe properly again.
It was then it hit me, he knew. He knows. He can just tell Chaeryeong anyway. I can’t tell whether he’ll keep up his end of this ‘deal’ that I stupidly agreed to. But he can check up on me, he would just need to ask Chaeryeong. 
As I go to get my keys out of my bag I heard something from behind me. I turn and see no one but my fence. “Hello?” I ask out loudly, whilst quickening my movements. Nothing happens, no response or noise (minus my keys turning in the door) and so I turn around and walk in. Not missing the sound of heavy footsteps once I turned away. 
They weren’t there when I turned around so I just closed the door and locked it. 

Running upstairs I begin to get ready. But as I stood infront of my wardrobe, looking at all my clothes. I tried to pick a casually nice outfit, yet nothing worked. I chose shirt after shirt and pulled out all kinds of trousers, I just wanted to distract myself. 
I don’t want to think about how I made a deal to completely ignore my best friend, I don’t want to think about how I should’ve pushed away from the kiss and the almost kiss or how I should of never fell in love with her. Because it is all too painful and depressing to think about. 
But the more distractions I tried to throw myself into the louder the thoughts became and once I glanced at the clock I knew I lost. I was meeting them at 6 and the clock read 6:30. I dropped on my bed in a defeated sigh. 
I wanted to text them and apologise but I couldn’t move, my whole body felt too weak. So I gave up and just thought about everything and that’s when I could no longer hold my tears back, so I didn’t and I cried my heart out. This wasn’t what was taught to us about love, when you’re younger you’re told about true love and how it fixes everything. But they never share the gory details of one sided love or heart break. My eyes got heavier and heavier until I couldn’t stop myself from drifting off, not missing the constant buzzing on my phone.

 “What do you mean you won’t be going to our school anymore?” Yuna asked sadly and it broke Chaeryeong’s heart hearing her this sad. 
“I’m graduating, I have to go to high school.” Chaeryeong responded but it didn’t change Yuna’s opinion. 
“No you don’t! Please? I don’t want to be alone.” Yuna felt tears b her eyes but she just looked down ignoring Chaeryeong’s existence.
“You won’t be alone, you have loads of friends in your class.” Chaeryeong tried to reason but Yuna was stubborn.
“But you were the one who stopped the big kids, not them. They aren’t you.” Yuna replied not looking up and Chaeryeong was taken by surprise at that comment but had an idea on how to cheer her up.
“You’ll be bigger than the big kids, so they won’t even come near you. And they will have to mess with me if they do. Because I am not leaving you.” Yuna giggled at the idea of her being tall and squeaked out a small and quiet “promise?” before she could fully think.
“I promise.” Chaeryeong responded and wrapped her arms around Yuna tightly.

Yuna felt safe in Chaeryeong’s arms but then she felt it. She felt her heart beat speed up and her face began to heat up. She didn’t really understand why though.

I slowly opened my eyes as I heard muffled voices outside my now closed door. I sat up and made my way out of bed, my head was hurting and my eyes felt sore.
Swinging open the door I was greeted by a worried looking Yeji and Ryujin.
“What happened?”
“What’s wrong?”

They both sounded genuine, like they cared so I just told them everything. From Chaeryeong ignoring me to the whole blackmailing thing with Guanlin. And also how I know Chaeryeong hates me so that’s mainly why I went along with the black mail.
“Why do you think she hates you?” Ryujin asked carefully.
“Because she has been ignoring me since the kiss and I never pushed her away, I just let it happen.” I explained quickly. Something seemed to click in Ryujin and even Yeji’s eyes.
“So you didn’t kiss her first? She kissed you first?” I just nodded, confused as to where this was going. Not missing the side-eye glance they both sent each other.
“What if she doesn’t actually hate you?” Yeji asked with a faint smirk on her lips and I was more confused than before. “Of course she hates me!” I replied in a frustrated tone, they seemed unbothered though.
“But she initiated the kiss though.”
I finally understood what they were meaning.
“Oh…”

/Sorry for the long break I had to rewrite this chapter. But who was spying? And Guanlin blackmailing Yuna? Hope you enjoyed this chapter nonetheless