Chapter 4.5 - Three rings.

Are Secrets One-sided?

My eyes bounced between my phone and laptop screen. The numbers were still growing, or at least I think they are. I’m too scared to hit refresh. Anyone of these views or followers could be Chaeryeong and I wouldn’t know. 

 

I tried to distract myself with my phone but that was when it started to ring, it was Yeji. I watched her name and photo pop up, but I just stared as it continued to ring in my hand. I’m not sure where my hesitation was coming from but I felt my entire body freeze the longer I just stared. And then it went silent. There was no noise, no photo. Just my phone telling me I missed the call, as if I didn’t know. 

 

I tried to shake off this weird feeling but then again I haven’t been talking with anyone recently unless I need to. So maybe my body’s trying to prevent the awkwardness that will happen, or I’m just scared. Telling myself to “ it” and “go for it” I tap my way into her contact name. With a deep breath I hit the call button. 

 

Three rings. I tell myself to just wait three rings and the hang up. Long enough to say I tried, but possibly too short for her to react. 

The ringing begins, one. I hear it connect, my heart sinks and I feel my throat closing up. 

 

“There you are. So we have a plan.” She instantly starts talking, no greeting or introduction. This must be serious about whatever it is, I think to myself. But what she said sinks in and I get confused. “A plan? Why do I need a pl-“ she cuts me off. 

“Chaeryeong.” That name. That one word made me stop, my mouth and my thoughts even my movements. They all halted. She invaded my entire mind, she was all I thought about. Yeji then continued, “we know how to let you hang out.” My heart beat quickened, but as soon as Hope began to grow and begin to float me away. It was shot down, quickly. Almost without hesitation. Guanlin was still in her life. He still held something so terrible over me that I felt the smile that quickly appeared, turn into a frown. 

 

“It can’t happen. I don’t want her to know about the blog.” I rebutted in a defeated tone. “Trust me.” Was all I got as a reply. 

 

“But. But. But she won’t agre-“ 

“She already has.”  

My eyes widened. “She misses you, y’know? You’re her best friend and now you’re no longer there for her. No longer anything to do with her. That wasn’t her decision, it was all your doing.” 

Everything settled in my mind, everything I’ve been trying desperately to reject and forget has all hit me. All at once. And I felt guilt flood in, I felt terrible. The tears started to form, but I willed them down. “Ok. I’m in. Text me the plan.” My voice cracked near the end so I quickly hung up the phone. Not needing a response. The tears came back, harder than before and I just hugged my legs together and cried. Sitting in my desk chair. All the feelings I repressed for so long were all bursting out and I could do nothing to stop it. All my energy seemingly gone. 

 

 

 

/not proof read and so Chaeryeong and Yuna are gonna reunite? 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)