Chapter 7

Please Let Me Go

If you're reading this, it must mean that you haven't let go of me yet. You were never supposed to see this letter. Oppa, I love you. I love you and I've never stopped loving you. You must know this. I'm sorry for what I put you through. My request to Jun Hyung oppa was selfish, I know that. I just didn't want you to watch me as I died slowly. I asked him to help you leave me. I guess I thought that if you hated me enough, that would be enough for you to let me go. There are so many wonderful things in life, oppa. Like how the scent of cherry blossoms float through the air as it rides the breeze through the city. Or how Seoul lights up the sky even on the darkest nights. And the crunch of a new snowfall as it sits lightly upon the branches. I want you to enjoy these things. Maybe not now, but later. Perhaps in a few weeks, or days. Can you do that for me? Enjoy each day, oppa. Life is for the living. Can you find the will to keep living? Can you move on, and perhaps find another girl who is better than me? Oppa, please do this for me. I know this is selfish of me, but this is my last request. Please let me go.

-Yoo Mi

Hyun Seung's tears joined Yoo Mi's at the end of the letter as it folded in his hands. He stared at the scar on his wrist, a reminder of his latest attempt to join her. Guilt washed over him as he thought of what she said. Life is for the living. She was right. He had been distancing himself with the people who would do anything for him, and he for them. She would have been dissappointed in his actions, had she been there to see it. Drying his tears with his sleeve, Hyun Seung lifted himself from his place on the floor and slowly made his way towards the door. He stared at the doorknob as he thought about how he would face the other members.

 

Silence had become a common friend to the apartment as the other members sat in silence. There was an occasional mumbling of words, but never a prolonged conversation. They had tried to lift their friend's mood the first couple nights, but it proved to be futile as his lack of response dampened the effect of their liveliness. They had heard the heated exchange of words between Jun Hyung and Hyun Seung. It had been the most noise made since Yoo Mi's funeral.

They sat in front of the blank tv as they wondered what happened after Jun Hyung left the bedroom. Jun Hyung had gone out on the balcony for some air despite the cold weather.

"I can't take this anymore!" muttered Dong Woon as he frustratingly ran his fingers through his hair. "Is anyone going to check on him? Is anyone going to make sure that he hasn't hung himself?" His glaring eyes darted from one face to the next. His outburst had been met with shock as the rest of the members looked up at him, only to interest themselves with the things around them.

The creak of the door caught their attention as they looked up to find Hyun Seung leaving the bedroom. Everyone froze in place as he shuffled out towards the couch. As he plopped down in between Gi Kwang and Dong Woon, a cold breeze entered the room as Jun Hyung made his way inside. The tension escalated in the room as the two of them locked eyes.

"Yah, Jun Hyung, shut the door. It's freezing." Hyun Seung said as a smirk made it's way onto his face. As he got up from his seat, Jun Hyung made his way over to Hyun Seung. Yo Seob shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he tried to figure out what hid behind Jun Hyung's emotionless eyes.

A smirk similar to Hyun Seung's played on Jun Hyung's lips as he said, "Hyun Seung, you bastard. You make everyone worried sick over you and all you can do is complain about the cold?" The tension evaporated as Jun Hyung threw a playful punch into his friend's shoulder.

"So, what's for dinner?" asked Doo Joon as if nothing had ever happened.

 

---------------------

This is the end! I think I will make a sequel to this as soon as I finish up the other stories. I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I wasn't even aware that I had accumulated so many subscribers. Thank you to the 12 of you who did subscribe and thank you to those of you who commented. It is nice to know that there is an audience for all these characters that I type.

~Emylie <3