Chapter 3

Please Let Me Go

Present Day

 

"Oppa, hurry up!" Yoo Mi yelled as she ran ahead laughing.

It had been almost two years since they had met. Yoo Mi had somehow managed to cheat death countless times. Now, as Hyun Seung followed her to the ferris wheel, he couldn't help but think about what her doctor had told him two years ago.

 

Yoo Mi turned around and winced. Her body was constantly getting weaker despite the acts that she put on. She knew that it didn't fool Hyun Seung, but it was more for her than it was for him. She had overheard him talking to her doctor. It had been almost two years and she was expecting the worst. She could feel her heart slowly giving up on her.

Finally reaching the ferris wheel, she leaned on the railing to catch her breath. What did I ever do in a past life that made me deserve this?

"Yoo Mi, are you ok?" Hyun Seung asked as he reached her.

Yoo Mi put on her smile before turning around. "Oppa, you're slow. Come on, let's get on!" she said, taking hold of his hand and dragging him towards the carriage.

 

Hyun Seung noticed that her hands had become extremely cold. Death was creeping up on her, ready to claim her for his own, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Helplessness. He hated it. There had been numerous days when he had broken down during rehearsal. How he ever managed to go out in front of his fans and pretend like everything was okay was beyond his understanding. The guys had tried everything to get him to cheer up, but each time their efforts were met with failure.

He shook his dark thoughts away and concentrated on the young woman sitting next to him. She was a perfect fit in his arms. He held her carefully, scared that he would break her. Why does it have to be her? If I could, I would take on her burden. And yet, she manages to fight for me and herself.

"Oppa," Yoo Mi said, lifting her head to look at him. "What are you thinking about?"

Her question had taken him by surprise. She always found it easy to read him, but he didn't think she had been looking at him.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about what we're gonna do next. What do you wanna do?" he asked. Her eyes had become duller; her lips paler. It pained him to see her this way.

"Let's get something to eat after this." she replied.

 

She placed her head on his shoulder. She fit almost perfectly in his arms. Almost. She cried inside everytime she saw him. When she had her first attack, she promised herself to keep everyone at a distance. Out of her own selfishness, she had pulled Hyun Seung into her world and he would suffer because of her.

Yoo Mi had overheard him talking to the guys one day during rehearsal. She had brought them lunch, wanting to see them practice.

"Hyung," Dong Woon said. "Cheer up. You know she doesn't want to see you like this."

"How can I cheer up? I promised that I would protect her, but her strength is far beyond mine. I can't do anything!"

She struggled to hold back her tears as the ride ended. When it was their turn to get off, she put on her smile and turned to Hyun Seung.

"Oppa, let's go. I'm kinda hungry." she said. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes as she turned around to hide them. Without waiting, she walked off in hopes of drying her tears before he noticed. Will I see the snow this year?

 

-------------------------------------------

A little bit of feedback would be nice people. -_- It's nice to know if people are enjoying the story or not. I've decided that this is going to have a bittersweet ending, but I'm not telling you anymore than that. Hyun Seung will be happy! Eventually.

~Emylie <3