Chapter 4

Please Let Me Go

She was in the hospital again. Hyun Seung couldn't bear to be in the same room. The other members looked on in pity as they watched their friend suffer. What could they do? This was a battle made only for him. Unable to take it any longer, Hyun Seung walked out of the room.

"Hyung, where are you going?" asked Dong Woon.

Ignoring the maknae's question, Hyun Seung left the hospital. He needed time to think. His heart was being torn apart. He felt tears threaten to fall as he broke out in a run.

 

Jun Hyung watched as her feathery breaths hit the oxygen mask she was wearing. The other members had gone out to buy food and look for Hyun Seung.

"No wonder he fell in love with her. She's gorgeous." he muttered, staring at her pale face. She was like a porcelain doll. Jun Hyung fought the urge to reach out and touch her face.

Yoo Mi's eyes fluttered open. She looked around the room in search for the other members, mostly for Hyun Seung.

"Jun Hyung-oppa, where'd everyone go?" she asked. Her voice was barely above a whisper, getting weaker with every word.

"They went to get food. Hyun Seung left with them. He needed some fresh air."

Silence fell between the two as Jun Hyung thought about dragging her boyfriend back to the hospital. It should be him that's waiting here, not me.

"Oppa," she said, motioning for him to lean in. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you help me break his heart?"

Her request was met with a look of shock.

"I don't want him to suffer anymore. Everytime I look at him it breaks my heart. He's not very good at hiding his emotions or his thoughts. I know that it tears him apart inside to see me like this, knowing he can't do anything but comfort me. I want him to move on. He deserves better."

"I can't help you with that." he replied. "Hyun Seung, he loves you with every ounce of his heart. I can't help you hurt him. Yes, he hates seeing you like this, but to not have you in his life would crush him."

"That's exactly my point." she said as she cried. "What happens when I'm not here anymore? I don't want him to be stuck wishing I were with him. I want him to live happily. I know that after I'm gone, he won't be able to let me go. That's why I'd rather he hate me. Oppa, I know that I'm asking a lot. You're in the same group; it would be tense. But please, help me. I don't think I can take seeing him like this much longer."

After much thought, Jun Hyung decided that it would be best, if not for him, then for her. She shouldn't have to leave this world worrying about whether or not her boyfriend had moved on. He could hear footsteps echo down the corridor. Yo Seob's voice carried as he tried to cheer up his fellow member.

With a sigh, Jun Hyung got up and leaned in towards her face. When he was sure they would walk in on him, he lifted the mask off and placed his lips gently over hers.

"Jun Hyung, what are you doing?" Hyun Seung asked, staring at the two. "Yoo Mi? What's going on?"

"Sorry, but it seems that Yoo Mi has moved on. She meant to tell you a few months ago, but she just couldn't gather up the courage." he said with a smirk.

"Yoo Mi-ah...is this true?" he asked in disbelief.

Yoo Mi looked away as she took hold of Jun Hyung's hand. "Sorry."

Hyun Seung stormed out of the room. The rest of the members followed him in hopes of stopping him from doing something stupid.

"Sorry." Mi Ah said quietly. She couldn't stop her tears.

"Don't worry about it. I know what I'm getting myself into. You just rest up, ok?" he replied, giving her a small smile.

 

-------------------------------------------------

I...should do my homework instead of updating. Thank you chiakichijo for the comments and to the 2 people who subscribed. ^^

I'll try to update again after I finish my pile of homework.

Comment and subscribe! =D

~Emylie <3